Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous....surgery date is July 18....Is nervouseness normal??

HELP!! My surgery date is July 18 and I am scared! I see the dietician this Thursday so I am unaware of what the 10 day diet before surgery consists of. I am excited to have the surgery and ready to get on with the banding, but I am scared. Are these feelings normal?

Thank you in advance for all the support you can give!!

Hey! I am getting banded on the 18th, too! You're going to do great. Actually, WE are going to do great :thumbup:

I am definitely nervous, too. But I think you would be crazy NOT to have reservations before going into surgery. But just look at this board- look at all these people that have had this done! Use them as a resource. They are all the best!

Good luck to you! I am getting banded in Portland, what about you?

Thank you for the wonderful support! Tonight is the first time I have posted. I have read many posts and enjoyed reading, but felt it was my time to get involved in the posts. I am getting banded in Oklahoma City, OK. We will definitely have to keep in touch since we are getting banded the same day. Have a terrific week and once again, thanks for the support!

I am getting banded tomorrow (july 2) and I am scared too. By what I read from everyone, it's very normal. I am more scared than excited. I will be excited once I wake up from the anesthesia! Good luck to you on your upcoming surgery. I will post again once I am home from the hospital.

Yes completely normal. I had a major breakdown right before surgery the day before. Like how did I get here. It is normal and you should congratulate yourself of seeing so. Good luck with your surgery and weight loss!

Thank you for the encouragement, Julie and CONGRATS on the HUGE weight loss!! It looks as though you are doing an awesome job at this! Keep up the terrific work.

I definately think nervous is normal. I am going in for my surgery 3 days before you so I will try to post when I get home to let you know how I am feeling. I am still very nervous but I am trying to just take one day at a time. Reading all the post from people before and after is extremly helpful.

I think is is absolutely normal to be nervous. I know that I was both nervous & excited at the same time. It will be worth it!!

Who is your surgeon? I was banded by Dr. Keith in Norman and have not regretted it once.

LK2teach,

Had my surgery July 2 and I am 7 days post-op now and doing well and you will do well too. Once they put me out, I don't remember a thing except waking up in recovery. I am still a little sore, but am doing well. My advice is to get plenty of rest afterwards. I went back to work 6 days after surgery and wished I would have taken off another day or two. Good Luck to you and keep us posted!

Hey. I'm in Texas and also having my surgery July 18th. I was just saying how excited and nervous I am to my husband. I will keep up to see how everything goes. Good luck from your neighbor in North TX!!