Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Time Here

Greetings everyone!

I just found this site 2 nights ago and I must say IT IS WONDERFUL!!!

I had my lap band surgery a week ago (6/25). I'm wondering if it's normal to feel hungry. I feel like it may just be psychological, but I can't get my mind off of wanting to eat a big fat juicy steak or a huge bown of Cajun Rice from Popeyes. I feel like I don't really get full, which makes me nervous, cuz then I feel like I can eat anything (i haven't but still concerned).

Any words of encouragement? On the plus side, I've lost 11lbs. WOOHOO!:lol:

Hey there! i was banded on June 23rd...and the first 4 days i was not hungry. butnow i am STARVING..and i have cheated a little bit on my clear liquid diet ..primarily because i felt weak and sick...and it was not full on cheating it wasa very slowly chewed piece of toast...a gruel like cup of oatmeal.... a very very very slowly eaten turkey sandwich with nothing else.....i read other people eating pizza , hamburgers and spagetti on here after surgery...and i feel that is WAY WAY dangerous.....

Hi Ladies,

One week post op seems like a bit early to start solids. I was on Clear Liquids about a day, then full liquids for a couple days, then pureed food/mushies for a couple weeks... What does your doctor say you should be eating? Sounds like you need to be starting some Protein Shakes or creamed Soups to keep you feeling less hungry -- but it's important not to go to solids until you are more healed - that band has to settle into place, your tissues recover, etc. -- overeating at this stage I've been told could lead to band slippage, stretched pouch etc. I was asked to eat only 1/2 cup or less at a time.

I found that if taking adequate Protein and meals those first few weeks kept me from craving foods. Clear liquids for more than a day seems like excessively strict, and won't provide the nutrition you need but, you really need to do what your doctor recommends! I suggest you talk to him/her. You'll have the best results following their guidelines.

By the way, welcome to bandster h-e-double toothpicks. It's hard when you don't have good restriction yet...until your fills start.

Welcome.

The two months are the hardest hardest part. If you can get through those then I know you can do it.

Try to listen to your Dr. There is a reason for the liquid diet. It's damn hard, for sure, and following the guidelines can be really really stressful (at least for me)...I'm not here to judge because I'm far from perfect...Just giving some advice. I think we have all worked too hard to get the lapband whether we are selfpay or jumped through all the insurance hoops, to risk the consequences of cheating.

I'm glad your here and look forward to talking to you soon.

My Dr said to be clear liquids from June 23rd to July 2nd when i go back to see him then he will tell me what i can eat .... 12 days of clear liquids...it dosent seem healthy..i been getting less than 500 calories a day....waaaay less.