Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shamrocks - Lets share personal goals to accomplish by March 2009!

I have been giving some serious thought to where I would like to be on my one year bandiversary...I would like to put some goals out there so I can see it in writing and check it often!!!!!

1. Participate in a 5K walk/run

2. Participate in 2009 Bike to the Bay for MS in NW Ohio

3. My total pounds lost will be at least 100!

4. I will ride my first Roller Coaster ride at Cedar Point in 20 years... even if I puke the entire rest of the day (I have bad vertigo! :lol: LOL)

Any one else have goals for the coming year????

Tess

March is one of the busiest times at our house - the kids are in the St. Pats parade and dance in so many shows. It is such a fun month for us!

1. I want to be at my goal weight.

2. I would like my waist measurement to be at a healthy size.

3. I will do more difficult hiking with the family.

4. I will do a 3 hand reel with my kids!

Hmmm. A tough one to call...

I'd like to be 2/3 of the way towards goal, more than that, somewhere in the mid-200's.

I'd like to be dancing more.

I'll DEFINITELY be roller-coastering!

Oh, I know! I want to be sore and bruised from my first snowboarding trip in February!

Wow, good to write it down now so I can check back to see if I do this!

By March 17, 2009 (St. Patrick's Day)

1. Lose 100 lbs (about 60% of my goal total weight loss)

2. Shop in the Non-Plus size section of a women's clothing store!

3. Fly on any airplane without needing a seat belt extender.

4. Just for good measure .... be ready for roller coaster season like the rest of you! Unfortunately I won't have access to Cedar Point until early May to try it out! For those of you who don't know... they have the biggest, baddest and fastest, highest, and most roller coasters in one place, like 20 or more different ones.

I have a list longer than my arm, but will name a few

1. Be at goal weight!

2. Be able to walk the 4 flights of stairs to my office

3. Not make the neighbors scream in fright when I sit outside by the pool in a swimsuit!!

4. Ride the ferris wheel at the county fair w/o making the seat tip!

Oh FUN---great idea!

I want to:

1) be at my goal weight - 120lbs.

2) have my reward trip booked (white Water rafting down the Grand Canyon).

3) have a toned/strong body.

So. Today I took one of my first steps towards my snowboarding goal: I bought a couple of introductory books and a DVD about learning to snowboard. I'm going to use them for inspiration - you can't learn snowboarding from a book, obvs, but I think it'll help motivate me...

So. Today I took one of my first steps towards my snowboarding goal: I bought a couple of introductory books and a DVD about learning to snowboard. I'm going to use them for inspiration - you can't learn snowboarding from a book, obvs, but I think it'll help motivate me...

Fenton-This is a great idea for you! I have been seeing a life coach for the past year and she is very big on visualizations. As you read and watch the DVD try to actually see yourself on the board at the weight and size you want to be and repeat often. It's supposed to affect your subconscious mind and trick into thinking its real and it feeds your motivation!!!!

(I hope you don't think I'm too pyscho, but I am really into this kind of stuff. Of course it has been on Oprah a lot lately!)

Tess

I was reading something on SparkPeople about visualization, and it recommended something along similar lines - finding an image of someone you wanted to look like - how you wanted to dress, style your hair, etc - when you were at goal weight.

It actually felt a bit funny to be downloading a photo of a guy who I thought had cool style, but, hey, if it works...

If I print it out, and stick it on my wall, THEN you can start to worry...

This is a great thread.

I want to...

1. Have lost at least 100 lbs.

2. Be fit enough to be showing horses again.

3. Be scuba diving again.

Fenton-I would be more worried if you wanted to be more like the "Suzie Chapstick" type!!!!:thumbup:

Tess

Tess, you should change your screen name to "Goal Setter"! I love that you are goal driven.

Here are some of mine:

• At least 100 pounds lost!
  • Able to do the advanced moves in pilates that I can't even consider trying today
  • Begin looking into certification classes to become a licensed pilates instructor
  • Hopefully have a date by then (I'm really tired of being single)

Thanks again Tess for getting us focused on our futures! :biggrin: