Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I am so excited, 6 days till my surgery. August 7th. A new month and a new life. I got the 12 lbs. off and more right now 13.3. No real pre-op diet but I am doing my own and the doctor approved it. Saying the more off now the better for the surgery. I sent for the unjury shakes and they are very good. Not expensive really considering how much some are. I got the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, and "chicken" LOL

I have two shakes and a small meal and snack. I hope to lose at least another 2 lbs. by next Thrusday.

Hope all you August 1st. (today) people are doing well with their surgery.

Now one of my dearest friends is going to have it too. She just started the preliminary stages with her hospital She said I am her "role model" so hey guess I have to succeed LOL . We have known each other since being roommates 38 years ago. At that time I was skinny 110 lbs. and could eat anything, sigh those were the days LOL.

Went to the surgeon yesterday for my second consult and I have been scheduled for the 18th of August..... I am nervous and excited all at the same time. My pre-op testing is scheduled for the 7th.

I am still in shock on how fast everything seemed to go. I first saw the surgeon on the 18th of June and now my surgery is only 17 days away.

Was wondering if anyone has a list of what foods I should have in the house when I return from the hospital???

Good luck to all of us future banders!!

Check the post op nutrition threads.

I stocked up on unjury Protein powder in 4 flavors. You can find the link here for their website. It shipped very fast in less than 5 days, tastes great and not too expensive. I had heard lots of people here say it's the best shake out there.

Crystal Light (or store brand) your favorite flavors, I also got orange flavor to mix with the vanilla Protein Powder to make a yummy Dreamcicle shake.< /p>

Low salt beef, chicken and veggie broth

sugar free Jello cups (in refrigerated section of the market)

sugar free chocolate and vanilla pudding

1% milk - two gallons

Small cans of tuna (3 oz. each) white packed in water)

No fat low calorie Mayonnaise

Canned low salt green Beans

Frozen squash - can cook it and then puree in my blender

Soup to Go - Tomato, and cream of chicken

Other soup - put in blender and puree before drinking

I also got Gas X strips that melt in your mouth

chewable Vitamins

Cherwable Calcium (have to wait a month or so to take that)

A pill crusher

hot Water bottle or heating pad

Extra strengh Tynelol

Later you will want

CottageCheese (low fat)

eggs or eggbeaters

and whatever you like that is on the list.

that you can make mushy in the blender.

Your Doctor and hospital will give you a list also of what to buy, what to eat and when to eat it.

I hope this helps

I also am buying a new nightgown and robe and slippers for the hospital, All Lap Band patients stay overnight.

I figure that will make me cheerful, I suggest washing them before wearing them. Use a little extra fabric softening. I try to buy mostly all cotton stuff for summer.

Good luck

Pati

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

Good luck Shamrockgirl!

My info was submitted to insurance last week so now I have to play the waiting game.

We are around the same age (I'm 59) and I hear you on having been a skinny kid all those years ago. :-) I am 5'8" and I was 129lbs when I got married 38 years ago. Gone are the days when I could eat anything! Now I just look at food and I gain weight. My tentative date is August 27th.....so wish me luck.

Check the post op nutrition threads.

I stocked up on Unjury Protein Powder in 4 flavors. You can find the link here for their website. It shipped very fast in less than 5 days, tastes great and not too expensive. I had heard lots of people here say it's the best shake out there.

Crystal Light (or store brand) your favorite flavors, I also got orange flavor to mix with the Vanilla Protein powder to make a yummy Dreamcicle shake.

Low salt beef, chicken and veggie broth

sugar free Jello cups (in refrigerated section of the market)

Sugar Free Chocolate and vanilla pudding

1% milk - two gallons

Small cans of tuna (3 oz. each) white packed in water)

No fat low calorie Mayonnaise

Canned low salt green Beans

Frozen squash - can cook it and then puree in my blender

Soup to Go - Tomato, and cream of chicken

Other soup - put in blender and puree before drinking

I also got Gas X strips that melt in your mouth

chewable vitamins

Cherwable Calcium (have to wait a month or so to take that)

A pill crusher

hot water bottle or heating pad

Extra strengh Tynelol

Later you will want

CottageCheese (low fat)

eggs or eggbeaters

and whatever you like that is on the list.

that you can make mushy in the blender.

Your Doctor and hospital will give you a list also of what to buy, what to eat and when to eat it.

I hope this helps

I also am buying a new nightgown and robe and slippers for the hospital, All Lap Band patients stay overnight.

I figure that will make me cheerful, I suggest washing them before wearing them. Use a little extra fabric softening. I try to buy mostly all cotton stuff for summer.

Good luck

Pati

the extra strength Tylenol should be in liquid form..

August banding Here... I can't believe it is coming soooooooo soon...... I have to yell whhhooo every once in a while. I almost feel like a kid in a candy store. :cursing:

I am suprised there is no pre op diet...the purpose of the diet is to shrink your liver for the surgey? They have to lift up your liver to get to your stomach? Right?

WOW - August is here. People were banded today. I hope is well for those that had it done today. Can't wait to hear about it. 9 days left and counting for me. I have lost some weight on my pre-op. Clothes feel looser. I sure am hunger and exhausted though. I have stayed on the path. I hope to lose 10 before my surgery. Hope all is doing well.

Had my pre-op tests yesterday and am now sporting a massive bruise on my arm from the blood samples but i dont care as only 10 days till operation day!!!! Starting my pre-op diet on monday and not looking forward to it but hoping i'l be able to stick to it, its only for 7 days after all! Good luck to everyone scheduled for there ops over the next few days!

This is a great day for me! I got the all-clear from my cardiologist. After going through more blood tests, ultrasound, and CT Angio and a week of stress, I have no obstructions, no heart disease or valve problems, and no lung cancer (they can see that on the angio). I feel like I was just born and I can only imagine how I will feel on August 14th when I wake up from having Band surgery!:scared2: So, onward and upward! Yeah!

Good luck to all the August Bandsters. May we all be happy, healthy, and hot!:cursing: And I don't mean from the heat!

I will be banded on August 14th. My doc only requires a liquid diet the day before surgery. Should I maybe start before that since I have pigged out now for over 3 weeks knowing I won't "get to have" the good stuff I love so much. SWEETS! Now I have 5 more pounds I will have to lose, and with 11 days of regular food I'm sure the # will climb. I mean while I am making a dessert, I have on my mind, ooh, I better make that banana split cake next. I have a problem I know!

I will be banded on August 14th. My doc only requires a liquid diet the day before surgery. Should I maybe start before that since I have pigged out now for over 3 weeks knowing I won't "get to have" the good stuff I love so much. SWEETS! Now I have 5 more pounds I will have to lose, and with 11 days of regular food I'm sure the # will climb. I mean while I am making a dessert, I have on my mind, ooh, I better make that banana split cake next. I have a problem I know!

It won't hurt, and once you set your mind on it, you might just get carried away in the excitement of beginning a new day and a new life, and then you will feel better because the pounds will start coming off. Maybe you can compromise and have a nice and SANE weekend, eating some of the things you really like, but start preparing yourself and begin on Monday. Get your Protein powders together and go shopping and think of it as an adventure. You might be surprised how fun it is. Good luck!