Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went Back To Work And...

Yeap, I went back to work today and I really over did it! I called my boss a little while ago and said I am very sorry, but I think this is a little too soon for me, I am going to need Thursday and Friday off. Then on the weekend I am not moving outta bed..... I just feel plain old wiped out! I am on shakes now, but am having a hard time getting it all down. I am going on an hour right now for my dinner shake. I dressed it up a little bit but putting it in my magic bullet and adding some banana extract to it....Its a vanilla flavored shake. Tastes really good, but I just can't drink the whole thing... As I am approaching two hours, its just time to get rid of it. Am I not doing something right? Theres only 100 calories in each of these shakes and if I am only taking in 1/2 a shake per meal, then I am getting 150 calories....NO WONDER I FEEL WHIPED OUT. I haven't eatten in oh....a week!! Holy crap, didn't think of it like that. I can't keep this shake cold enough either....Does anyone have any suggestions on that???? I think maybe if I am feeling up to it, I will go to GNC and get the Isopro drinks...see how they are. I started taking the Vitamins too, perhaps in a few days after some rest, they will help with the effects of not having 4000 calories in my body per day.....of course that is an exaggeration, I don't know how much I use to eat, but I know it was a lot more than 150~~~ No wonder a walk to the potty makes me feel like I just ran a marathon. Any suggestions on how to help fatigue too? I know this is the hard part....I have two weeks to get use to this stage, the Protein Shakes. I will doctor them up any way I know how...I also bought Apple Pie Spice. I am gonna throw that in a vanilla shake and shake it up in the magic bullet, and see if I don't get something that tastes like pie alamo...I will certainly let cha know how that one works. And~~ I am sorry I am soooo talkative right now, but I feel alone in this today ~~ are we supose to be drinking Water still? Is that why I am not able to finish this shake?? All righty, thanks for listening, I will take all the advise I can get right now.

Porc, I can't believe how little you can get down!!!

My Surg gave me a print out of specific instructions on how and when to "eat" He said every hour I was to take 2 oz of protiene except during the "meal" hour. also should be sippin g Water all day to prevent dehydration. Do not dring ANYTHING for 1 hourbefore your "meal" and you willbe able to get more down.

As for the Isopure...I dropped a bundle on that the day I got out of the hospital. I like the raspberry one (blue), and the grape is ok too, but the punch one....no thanks!!! I also take a liquid Vitamin every day that I also got a GNC - that place is apparently going to be my new best friend---

The Gold card really saved me a lot of $$$

Hang in there, I felt AWFUL yesterday!! NOt fatigued but just emotional and in pain. I haven't taken any pain med since Sunday. ( went back to work on Monday, surg was on Thursday)

but today I feel MUCH better.

Christine

Thank you for your responce. I will try your plan of 2 ounces every hour! That sounded like something I was going to try tomorrow. I was instructed to take in three shakes per day. I can't do the whole shake for ANYTHING. I could have been drinking too much Water before the meal time, like you said. I believe I was filled a little during my surgery. I read my surcial report when I was sitting in the hall at the hospital, and it said something about a fill. I was going to ask when I went to the doctors office Tuesday but I forgot....I walked out of the house without my questions list. I could always call the office and find out. Better off to call than to wonder. I dont feel physical pain...more mental....cloudy,fatigue,cognation isn't really what it is. I didn't sleep very well last night, so that too could be a part of it. I am going to take off the next couple of days and really find something that works to get me thru these next two weeks on these shakes. I will do it......At least I am getting a good amount of water in. I wont dehydrate, and this is gonna sound gross, but I was told to watch it...the color of my urine isn't too concentrated, so alls good in that department.

Thank you sooo much for responding. I think I need to take these next few days just to rest my mind/body....thankfully I haven't needed my pain meds. I didn't take any since I came home. I had a bad reaction to the anestesia when I was in the hospital perhaps this mental fog has something to do with that? I dunno, just a guess...I don't know how long you "suffer" the effects of anestesia.....

ALL RIGHTY...TALK TO YOU SOON!

What a crazy week girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to chew on something , anything. I am seeing the psych and the surgeon tomorrow. I had a good day today. My first that I can say wasy half way normal.

24 oz Water in by 11:30am, pretty damn good for me. I was at a luncheon today and had to eat something - I had a small fork full of very creamy soft cheese cake and a tiny piece of fresh motserella cheese. then 16 oz of Water in the afternoon and a yoplait baby yorgurt. Banana pretty taste and the n to finish off the evening more water.

I'm a little slower than normal but in tacked. I travel around for work and I get stiff in the car but it's been ok. No pain meds either - us strong NYers! I did go thorugh that fuzzy phase and it could be from the anethesia and the adjustment. I had alot of energy today, probably because I had my Protein, a little carbs and some milk based thing today. If they are all like today I'm O K !

Hang in there.

Any initial weight loss yet??

I remember feeling very fuzzy as the days went by. I felt like it was lack of calories, so liquid Vitamins and protien drinks are a must. You will get more clear headed as the days go by and you are able to get your calories in better.

Maybe rather than adding the extract to the vanilla shake, add in a 1/2 of a real banana. It will puree well in the majic bullet, add a few cubes of ice,too and it thickens it up a little bit. For me, the thicker things went down a little better. Not cream Soup thick, but thicker than Water, know what I mean? OH! and frozen blueberries(maybe 1/4 cup or less), 1/2 banana, and vanilla protien drink, ice, yummy!!! I just got a bag of frozen blueberries in the pie/cool whip section at the grocery store.

You are doing great...good call on taking off work. You need more rest than you think.

Hey there Kathy and Debby

Thanks for the input/encouragment/advise....Its all really appreciated.

My DAD actually MADE me call out of work...How funny is that? He is all the way down in Florida and MADE me call out of work. He is from New Jersey, Paterson to be exact....back in the day when it wasn't like it is now, but still a rough place to be.. He was gonna call my work if I didn't!!!!!! He has been a MAJOR support system!! I don't know if I would have even done the surgery if it wasn't for his encouragment. I have always had a tendency to start things and never finish them. This is however the one thing that I carried thru with and I wouldn't have done it any differently. This is just a rough patch in the road...Im sure it will get better.

Kathy, I am sure that my doctor said do not add anything to the shakes like bananas and stuff like that. Just stick with the additives, extracts and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg...they more or less change the taste, but not caloric/carbohydrate content. Your right that the Magic Bullet does wonders on the content of the shake...does Froth it up a bit. I pretend Im drinking a fancy drink from StarBucks.:)

Debby, CHEESECAKE, BANANAS, YOGURT...oh my gosh, my doctor would take my band out if he saw me eatting that, Im sure of it!!! I know they are mushies...but I don't go on them for another ohhhhh two weeks..

Over these next few days I am really gonna tract what I am taking in and if I see its not enough, I will talk to the dietician in my doctors office. I feel better now after having some Protein and Water and stuff....AND REST...holy crap...all I have done is laid on the couch...Makes a HUGE difference. As far as weight loss...OH MY GOD...its been amazing to me! I dont have the exact weigh in from when I went to my doctor but its approximately 15 pounds, give or take...actually I would say give...I think its a bit higher.Plus the weight I lost prior to surgery which was 10 pounds...soooo all in all 25 pounds...GOSH NO WONDER IM LIGHT HEADED...eheheheheheh

All righty girls....I am gonna go watch Law and Order: SVU....I looovvve Chris Maloni

WAAAHOOO

GOOD NIGHT!!!

Hey you say cheese cake like its a bad thing. If it was a 1/2 oz it was alot. The yourgut was no sugar added and almost the same consistency as the Protein shake. Very smooooooooooooth.

Maybe yesterday I had 500 calories. I need to pull that up to 800 a day. So did I cheat, yeah I can't lie but I'm a rebel in my own right and I need to test the rules now and again. Testing the rules with 500 calories is pretty darn good. I use to have a 1500 calorie lunch and then wonder why at 4pm I was still hungry,

Have you both started walking or are you directed to lay low. Me got one mile in this week officially with the pedimter. I'm hoping for 5 by the close of Sunday.

Happy Thursday

Debbydo...Im not bashing the cheese cake...and I certainly am not trying to say your cheating...oh good lord, not my intentions at all...Im just jealous!!!! I wish I could have a stupid yogurt..... I too am a rebel in my own way, but I am sooo scared right now to "screw" (not what I wanted to say) this up!!! I just called my doctors office and they are gonna get back to me. I wanna know what I am doing wrong with these shakes and stuff. I got some really good advise and feedback, but still today, nothin doing. Still taking me over an hour to drink one shake. I am now not sure if I should be drinking the whole shake....ugh, just paranoid I guess. Don't wanna bust the band or anything. :)

Okaydokay...gonna run. Talk to you soon! Enjoy what you can within your limits....and Im sorry if ya thought I was down talking what your doing...If it works for you then go for it!

TTYL

Hey doll, you are right to take it easy and slow. While it shouldn't really take an hour to finish a protien shake, as long as your doc says everything is okay, then an hour it is. I made the mistake of trying to push it, simply because I thought what I was feeling was normal, and looking back my tummy was telling me to slow it down. Sip smaller, sip slower, take it easy, and get lots of extra rest since it's harder to get your calories in.

My bet is your still very swollen in the band area of your stomach. If that's the case, then you are doing the right thing taking it slow. Take it from me. I had a very bad first 2 weeks, and you could easily make it harder on yourself getting too anxoius. I did...don't do what I did!!

Good luck, keep us posted.

Kathy

Thanks for the support! I actually got so wigged out over this, I called my doctors office and asked them whats going on...am I doing this right, why is it takin so long ....and she said that it sounds about right, and hour is great and if it takes two hours, so what. She asked if I was in any pain when I drink a shake in an hour, I said no, so I guess thats gonna be the tell all....IF you have pain your not doing something right. I just dont want to screw this up...Enough diets and exercise plans have failed. And I dont wanna hurt myself internally either. I guess I will be walking around with a pillow under my ass for a while ya know???

I will talk to you soon! I can all ready see a difference in how I am approaching my dinner shake....I think this whole baby is mine :) A whole 100 calories and 15 grams of protein.ehehehehehe It is sooo amazing to think how I was eatting just a month ago!!! YIKES

LATER!!!!

Debby, You and your cheese cake are girls right after my own heart!! I snuck a finger of frosting today!! Of course now I'm regretting it!!!

As far as the walking...I went walking the night of surg. The nurse helped me walk up and down the corridor at the hospital and then my friend took me shopping after we left to go home. I had no choice but to buck it up and get moving!! haha

I did not take any time off work but just move a little slow this week. I am always off on Fridays so I'll be sleeping in tomorrow. YIPPEEE for extra sleep!!!

Hi All.........

I went to GNC today and got Isopro Protein drinks...no carbs...and the Raspberry is very good! With a little crushed ice in it, it tates like a Raspberry Slush Puppy....It is going down much easier than the shakes. The Isopro is a little higher in calories, but also higher in protein...Two would be more than enough during the day....If the shake was 15g and the Isopro is 40, thats pretty close to the 60 recommended grams a day! And its easier for me to get em all in....EHA I think I found something that works!!! By Jobe I can do this.....I can do this!!

Okay....gonna go....taking a loooonnngg hoooot shower!

CYA