Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

That was what happened when I broke 300. It took a week or two to get under for good.

Let's hope the fluids do it! Good luck!

Getting the Water down was my biggest problem, I'm on pain meds right now and they make me thursty so lately I can't get enough to drink, hope it helps. I finely have a fill scheduled for Feb.9th. First one since Oct.2nd So we'll see what happens.

I'm still riding that plateau... I have not been drinking nearly enough Water either so I'll focus on that and try to get in at least 6 glasses a day.

I drank lots of Water yesterday and was going all day and night and also made sure I wasnt constipated.. (strong black espresso :thumbup: ) and I weighed myself this morning and it was the same...

so I have vowed to weigh myself once a week only.. I should have done this earlier.. but it didnt seem to matter when the scale was moving every couple of days.

I am just tired of being in a bad mood about it.. ignorance is bliss! at least this way I will only be in a bad mood once a week on friday when I weigh in.. :thumbup:

I gained 5lbs 2wks ago when I had surgery, now I'm working on getting rid of that. So far I've lost 3 of it but still have 2lbs to go just to get back to where I was. That's why my ticker hasn't gone anywhere, I just refuse to move it the wrong way.

I had surgery too, and the scale won't move any more. It has been 5 weeks and the scale stopped moving over 3 weeks ago. It is probably because I haven't been very mobile. I hope to get to the gym soon.

I gained 5lbs 2wks ago when I had surgery, now I'm working on getting rid of that. So far I've lost 3 of it but still have 2lbs to go just to get back to where I was. That's why my ticker hasn't gone anywhere, I just refuse to move it the wrong way.

Kimaly, your doing great! We are all just 6mos into this journey, and just think where we would be without a band. For the first time in my attempts to lose weight I am having success at reaching a goal. :cursing::thumbup::tt1:

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I had four people in the last couple days say you look like you've lost more weight, and I'm like no, no I didn't. Well I stepped on the scale yesterday and I've lost 10 lbs since my last fill in early December. It's like 4 lbs just fell off me in one week. I talked with my surgeon today in passing and told him that I was now feeling loose and he said we can try another fill but he's still not convinced that there isn't a leak. Leak or not, I lost and that is what really matters.

It's off to Florida tomorrow for vacation from the below zero tempuratures and record snowfall in northern Michigan.

Congratulations on the weight loss and have fun on your vacation!!!!

Thank you very much ladies, always makes me feel better when I vent to ya'll

Congratulations on the weight loss and have fun on your vacation!!!!

Ditto :cursing:

lovegrapes.. way to go! and have fun!

AND everyone.. I found something and I wanted to share.. I have been trying different ways to get the Water in and I am sick to death of crystal light.. I am not a good fake sugar person and after awhile it burns the back of my throat and taste nasty..plus the fact that its bad for you... and I dont want to drink things with extra calories I dont need.. so I found something that might be help if you are like me..

its a herbal tea that tastes sweet and has NO SUGAR.. it has nothing artificial in it and I got it at my grocery store.. it can be made hot or like ice tea and its very flavorful.. its sweet tasting and I have checked the box several times and there is no sweetner in it..

its by Good Earth and its the sweet and spicy herbal tea...

here is a link if you want to get an idea of what it looks like.. I know the package has changed several times.. but it gives you an idea

Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy Tea & Herb Blend -- 18 Tea Bags - www.Vitacost.com

anyways.. its a little spicy too..

its helping me get my liquids in. and it tastes really good.

thought I would share..

still really discouraged at the moment.. dont really want to do anything.. i feel like if I have good restriction and its not helping.. what will.. I know I need to just keep going.. that weight gain is really messing with my head..:bored:

I figured out that to get to my goal weight by my one year banding I just have to lose 1.28lbs each weak, that is so doable. It's really on the low side of losing, so that's what i'm gonna be working on. I think it makes me feel better about it when I breack it down. It just doesn't seem so overwelming.

I figured out that to get to my goal weight by my one year banding I just have to lose 1.28lbs each weak, that is so doable. It's really on the low side of losing, so that's what i'm gonna be working on. I think it makes me feel better about it when I break it down. It just doesn't seem so overwelming.

Awesome Kimaly!!! You are right you can SO do that easily. :thumbup:

That made me check and now I realize I won't reach goal by my bandiversary. I would have to lose almost 3 lbs per week and I am NOT going to put that in my head, because I would get discouraged if I didn't achieve it. So, I need to set a mini goal by my one year mark. Considering I am STALLED at the moment. I think I will aim for 1 1/2 lbs per week. That would mean I need to lose 35 lbs by July 14th. mmmm. I think that is doable.

CONGRATULATIONS again on realizing you will be able to make your goal in a year. :)

That is doable, and good. I really think mini goals are best. they just don't seem so out of reach.