Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Donna, I took my time with the fills because I was feeling restriction up until 7 weeks after surgery and then I had my first fill.. and now I am getting my second and and it will be about 4 weeks between, its really my doing, I have wanted to get used to the process of eating less and take my time with it,,and now I am ready to start some serious losing,,

orea, hang in there, I have heard of people switching doctors or fill stations because of issues,, I dont know if this is possible for you.. but it seems ridiculous that they have a 'policy' when everyone has different needs.. they should treat you like a paitent and not a number..

Josh! way to go.. thats so great, I hope to do as well as you!!

Josh you look amazing. It is great that you made this decision this early in life. You are going to have so much fun.

Letting you know the lunch chat "July Butterflies" is now open.

Well, I was going to open it but it looks like they've made some changes and I don't know if I can figure out how to create a room now.

OK, the room July Butterflies is open now.

You look great Josh! BTW, I thought you were cute before too! :thumbup:

I wish I had your metabolism.

OK, I'm getting pretty tired of this being a one-side conversation folks! I see some of the other threads of bandees and THEY are so WAY better than us at posting and keeping it together. How about we all make a commitment to post something at least once a day? Even if it's posting just to post, post something!

Example: Good morning. I feel good today because...

or I feel bad today because.. or I feel blah today because.... or I have absolutely nothing to say so I thought I'd just say HI!

C'mon folks, let's get our thread going and keep in touch so that we can support each other through this journey.

Remember there is a live chat at 9 Eastern/8 Central tonight in the Chat Room entitled July Butterflies. Come drop in if you can.

I keep missing chat, because I watch DWTS. I just put towels on to wash, not fun, and I need to hit the bed (of course I won't go to sleep until 10:30). 5 am comes early.

What's DWTS?

Oh, sorry. Dancing With the Stars. For some reason, I just HAVE to watch. :biggrin:

You look great Josh! BTW, I thought you were cute before too! :biggrin:

I wish I had your metabolism.

Ha ha, thank you very much!

Josh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

weight.png

Band Date: July 9th, 2008

Surgeon: Dr. Jeff Baker

Insurance: Medica

Heaviest Weight: 314.5

Current Weight: 219 lbs.

Goal Weight: 190 lbs.

Freedom is only a word until it is upheld by the roots of its meaning…

Hi Donna.

Sorry.. I stay at home with my very active one year old so sometimes its hard to get on here everyday..

but today I am doing well.. not much to report.. looking forward to my fill on friday! I know I could eat less so its good to get this fill. I am also trying little tricks to fight off the hunger.. I dont have any crazy hunger or anything, but when I stop for a second its tempting to snack on something,, so I have been getting things like sugar free mints so when after my meal I am looking for something a little sweet I eat one and crystal light in between meals because sometimes when you get the hungry feeling you are just thirsty.. so things like that. its amazing how fast those little buggers add up! its all about having good choices available.. cause I really want this!!

btw Donna.. you lost a lb!! I noticed.. congrats! I started my cycle last week so I know I am up again.. :cursing:but now that its done hopefully i will go back... thats usually what happens :biggrin:

Argh! I just typed up a long post and when I hit “send” the site decided to freeze up and send my response to never never land! I hate it when that happens! :biggrin:

Anyway, thanks for noticing the weight loss Shrinknme. I note every .5 lb down. I’d note even less if my scale measured it. :blush:

The weather in Houston was phenomenal today. It was a very cool and crisp fall day with virtually no humidity to speak of. The sun was blazing all day without a cloud in the sky. The only down side was that I was stuck in the office.

I’m debating whether I should get another fill. I’ve had 4 so far and my last fill was 3 weeks ago for a total of 4.5 cc in an 8 cc band. I can eat more at meals and experiencing hunger more frequently between meals. The reason I hesitate is that the first week after my last fill, I could only eat a couple of bites at a time but was still hungry. I stopped eating though because I had that tight feeling in my chest. I was very unhappy and tempted to turn to slider foods. I refrained for the most part. I thought once you get to your “sweet spot” the hunger pangs are supposed to go away. To date, that has not happened. My TOM is scheduled to visit this weekend so I think I’ll wait until after she leaves to see if I need another fill.