Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

This is for all my July Butterflies:

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good,

but never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-

Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off --

After I laugh my butt off!!

9. This is my oath ... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants

everyone can see it,

but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends,

Then get depressed because you can only think of 4

That is their fill policy. I won't give up, I'm just having a rotten week. There is a lot of stuff going on here in my usually tranquil life and the only bright spot right now is that the stress may tighten me up for a few days! Don't worry, I'll get past this. Quitting is not an option.

Their fill policy sucks! If it gets too tough and they are within driving distance, I'd just go in on the days you know the doctor is in doing fills and beg and cry. I bet that would work.

Donna, I love the friendship poem, it is awesome.

Orea, Donna is correct, their policy SUCKS! Have you tried talking to them? Maybe if they can hear your frustration they will give in. I would hate for you to be so desperate at your next appointment that you get overfilled, and say nothing, because being loose is bothering you now. That will only lead to problems. I have only had one small fill, but I am doing fine with it. My friend was banded 2 weeks prior to me and she has had 3. I think my dr does them whenever you need it after the first 4 weeks after surgery. Making you wait this long is torture and completely not fair to you and your weightloss efforts.

I would have a problem with anyone who told me it's their policy, I think evryone is different and the fills should be based on a one on one basis and that's why I go to fill center USA. they try to make sure I get enough fill at each visit. I've had 2 so far and think I'll be fine for awhile. I hope you get what you need soon, this is a long tough journey and we don't need anyone making it longer or harder then it needs to be because of a policy.

Orea,

You need to talk directly to the doctor. If he/she still doesn't satify your needs, ask him/her to refer you to another physician for your fill. It is your body; you and you physician need t work as a team.

I understand sme weeks just seem to never end.

I just found this thread!! How are all the July Butterflies doing?! I am doing well...and I am on the fast track to skinnyville! Since the pre-op diet, I have lost 95.5 pounds...71 of that just since surgery! Just checkin in, hope everyone is still going strong!

Josh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

weight.png

Band Date: July 9th, 2008

Surgeon: Dr. Jeff Baker

Insurance: Medica

Heaviest Weight: 314.5

Current Weight: 219 lbs.

Goal Weight: 190 lbs.

Freedom is only a word until it is upheld by the roots of its meaning…

I just found this thread!! How are all the July Butterflies doing?! I am doing well...and I am on the fast track to skinnyville! Since the pre-op diet, I have lost 95.5 pounds...71 of that just since surgery! Just checkin in, hope everyone is still going strong!

Josh

weight.png

CONGRATS! You are going to make this old lady jealous. My son was banded a couple of years ago and lost 120 in a year. What kinda of exercise are you doing? and how many calories do you eat a day?

CONGRATS! You are going to make this old lady jealous. My son was banded a couple of years ago and lost 120 in a year. What kinda of exercise are you doing? and how many calories do you eat a day?

As for exercise, I just do a lot of running. Running is my game plan. I am waiting for the weight to shed off to start doing more work to gain muscle. As of now, I am intaking about 990-1100 calories in a day. I only had one fill done, and just a few days ago had a partial unfill done :eek:...due to a clog. A lot of what I have done has been being strict with myself...making sure that I only do what I need to do, when I need to do it. Other than that, my sheer motivation to be a healthier me is what is keeping me on top of this whole thing.

Wow Josh. What fantastic progress! You'll be at goal in no time. Do you have any progress pics?

Wow Josh. What fantastic progress! You'll be at goal in no time. Do you have any progress pics?

I do, but will admit I am not quite sure how to load them up.

That's fantastic Josh! I think your our biggest loser. Congrats.

Congratulations Josh! You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good work and post some pics when you figure it out.:mellow:

xbdcpl.jpg

You can click on it to see the full size version. The after picture was taken about a month and a half ago. I have lost 15 pounds since that picture was taken.

Josh

weight.png

Edited by j_holm07

once again AMAZING!