Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

hey! lost 25 pounds officially (30 by my scales)... Banded on June 20, 2008... My first fill September 5, 2008. Best money I EVER SPENT ON MYSELF! Keep up the good work!

Hey congratulations. My first weight loss goal of 10 kg (22lb - we're metric down under!) was reached today. I was banded opn July 31 and I agree best thing I've done. Keep up the great work.

It is work but lap banding is a great tool to make that work easier. Mel:thumbup:

So where have all the butterflies flown off to? haven't heard from a lot of you in a while, how about some up dates. I'm doing fine, I've lost 35lbs but still have 57 to go. so far i'm pleased with the progress.

I don't know about other July Butterflies, but I have been realizing that if I don't exercise most days, weight loss is painfully slow. I finally signed up for a 5K with my kids for this weekend and if all goes well, we will do another 5K next weekend. I have only lost 16, down from 214 in two months. It's not that I don't like exercising, it is just about making time for myself a priority. Everyone is doing so great that I enjoy reading about you, but my progress is slower than some of the other Butterflies flying high, so I just lurk. Congrats to all of you! You inspire me.

I don't know about other July Butterflies, but I have been realizing that if I don't exercise most days, weight loss is painfully slow. I finally signed up for a 5K with my kids for this weekend and if all goes well, we will do another 5K next weekend. I have only lost 16, down from 214 in two months. It's not that I don't like exercising, it is just about making time for myself a priority. Everyone is doing so great that I enjoy reading about you, but my progress is slower than some of the other Butterflies flying high, so I just lurk. Congrats to all of you! You inspire me.

Don't lurk be proud your loss is a loss... If you get discouraged then you give up... Stand up and YELL I LOST 16LBS and I AM PROUD!!!!

I agree with Jill, be proud. besides you started at a lower weight then alot of us. sometimes the more you have to lose the faster you lose it until you get closer to your goal weight. And I mean your already running a 5k. I'm still trying to get past 30min. on the treadmill(I hate that thing) My 35lbs includes 13lbs on 2wk pre-op

Has anyone started lifting weights yet? I want to start but Im not sure if it's too early.

When I saw the dr on Thursday he told me to start... I have never lifted weights my whole life... I was banded on July 30th

I started curves this week, I figure I'd start out slow.

So where have all the butterflies flown off to? haven't heard from a lot of you in a while, how about some up dates. I'm doing fine, I've lost 35lbs but still have 57 to go. so far i'm pleased with the progress.

I am here. I have done great I have lost 24lbs. I have hit a hiccup in the road though. I had to have emergency surgery on a strangulation hernia on the 3rd and was in the Hospital until 5th. Now I have a small bruise like mass underneath the incision and it hurts like crap and I am tired all the time. I was doing great in the hospital walking but now I am home and back to work I feel like I have no energy. Also I had to put off getting my fill this month until next month so I can heal. Oh well I am trying to plug along.

You're so right that a loss is so much better than the gradual, yet intermittent weight gains any day!

Curves is good because there is no spandex or girls "trying too hard" and you can get done with your workout in a reasonable amount of time. At the one I go to, the music is more oldies so I'm looking forward to graduating to a gym that has a little more up-to-date music.

It is especially good to go during the slow times at Curves so that you have access to all the equipment; for me that is mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Ladies here seem to flock in after dropping off kids for school or before they head home after work so if your job or hours are flexible enough, I'd suggest off prime time.

curves is great.... I did it once but now I am doing modified Water aerobics... back for about 3 weeks now and want to bump it up to "sit and fit" and water a. but they are on the same day... will do it tomorrow and see what happens... havve to keep telling myself that I am no. 1.... I even live alone and do not work... and still have to tell myself that every day! We are programmed to put others first.....I think... have lost 15 lbs and have to keep telling myself..."good on you"..... had my first fill Sept 11, Surgery July 16.. can't even figure out how to do that on my signi in thing.. but have not the patience to try... one day... anyways... thank youevery one for writing.. I need to hear from you all...feel good.. have 4 oz fill in a 7 ct band...?... hmm. I guess that is how it is done in Canada.. and am full pretty quicktly.. got to watch that drinking thoug.... may have to give up peanut butter cause you have to drink with that..Love, Kathy

My seroma has resolved! I got a 3cc fill in my 9cc Realize band last Thursday. I still have no restriction. My dietician told the PA I didn't need a fill, but she filled me anyway. It's a little frustrating because yes, I am losing at the prescribed rate, however it's been all my own doing, and has little to do with the band. I never feel full, but I have learned to live on 3 Protein filled meals, maybe 2 small Snacks and one Protein Shake a day. I rarely feel deprived or hungry. Hunger manifests itself in weakness and irritibility now. I know I'm way past due to eat when the "bitch switch" flicks on!

I am here. I have done great I have lost 24lbs. I have hit a hiccup in the road though. I had to have emergency surgery on a strangulation hernia on the 3rd and was in the Hospital until 5th. Now I have a small bruise like mass underneath the incision and it hurts like crap and I am tired all the time. I was doing great in the hospital walking but now I am home and back to work I feel like I have no energy. Also I had to put off getting my fill this month until next month so I can heal. Oh well I am trying to plug along.
Really sorry to hear of your trouble, hope you feel better soon.

Welcome back ladies, it's great to hear from all of ya'll