Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

we had some bad news on Memorial day a dear long time friend was killed in an auto accident so my hubby went to Texas to pay his respects. It sucks that such wonderful people are taken all too soon

So sorry to hear, It really does suck. Thoughts and prayers are with all.

Good Morning, Butterflies! Walked this morning, it is going to be a beautiful day. Leaving for church. I plan on staying on the bandwagon today.

Charlene, thanks! What a relief not to have to cook. It will be fun for you to be a leader for him on the liquid diet as you have been here. It is not how fast we get there; it is that we get there. Look how far all of us have come from last year at this time.

Hello everyone,

I just want to drop in and say Hi. Eveything is going great here. I hope everyone else is having a wonderfull weekend.

Also dropping by to check-in and say Hi! Nothing to report so I'll check back later.

Hi Butterflies! The PA at DR Davis office quit yesterday so my appt on the 11th was canceled. I can't get in till the 29th. I told his office it would be there fault if I gained weight cuz I am hungry. So far, so good. Three weeks till July. Come on Butterflies........lets keep this thread going till our bandiversary.

Hi everyone! I'm popping back in with an update. Still no job for DH. He was supposed to hear from someone "by the end of the week," and ... nothing. That is just plain rude, if you ask me. So we have gone from four job possibilities on Monday to one long shot today.

On a brighter note, Dr. Tran gave me a full 1 cc. last Thursday after seeing my weight gain. I'm at 8 cc. in a 10 cc. band, and finally have decent restriction. Finally!!! I'm definitely having to be a lot more careful, and eat a lot less, but I'm having no problems that would indicate an overfill. I'm still stress grazing, and I am trying to get that under better control, but at least I am nibbling on things like Jerky, sugar snap peas, cherries, and the like. And the scale is gradually coming down. That helps me keep a better mindset.

So, as I was saying to a friend in an even more stressful situation, we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take one day at a time and hope that things straighten out soon.

Orea, I am so glad you have some restriction. I need it! If I don't journal........I overeat. I even ate 4 Cookies today. I don't ever do that. So, it's back to journaling. I am keeping up with my walking.

Orea,

I will keep praying for you husband to find work soon. Maybe they will call Monday with good news.

I am also glad you have restriction as well now.

As for me I am hanging in there. My 1 year check up is on 7/6/09. My band anniversary is 07/02/09. I thought i would have lost more weight but 52 pounds is just as awesome.

They say the average weight loss is 50-100 pounds the first year, so you are right on target. (Of course, we all want to be overachievers!) I'm not likely to make 50 pounds by my bandiversary, but I will do my best. At least I have until the 30th!

Your good thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

They say the average weight loss is 50-100 pounds the first year, so you are right on target. (Of course, we all want to be overachievers!) I'm not likely to make 50 pounds by my bandiversary, but I will do my best. At least I have until the 30th!

Your good thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

I actually did not remeber the 50-100 pounds in the first year that is great to know!! I did remember my Dr saying if you look at a bypass patient vs a lapband after 3 years they average out to roughly the same weight loss. They just drop it all in the begining and we take more time to get there.

1-2 pounds per week is the average/expected loss, which equals roughly 50-100 pounds. I'm aiming for that again starting with this fill.

I just want to reach onederland by the end of the year. I better get busy. My DH is doing great on his liquid pre-op diet. He is having gastric bypass on wednesday. So, If y'all don't hear from me in a few I will be at the hospital. I will check in!

1-2 pounds per week is the average/expected loss, which equals roughly 50-100 pounds. I'm aiming for that again starting with this fill.

Oh how quick I forget these things.

I just want to reach onederland by the end of the year. I better get busy. My DH is doing great on his liquid pre-op diet. He is having gastric bypass on wednesday. So, If y'all don't hear from me in a few I will be at the hospital. I will check in!

Try to let us know how he is doing when you can. I will keep him and you in my prayers.