Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Shrink - I second that! I didn't get a fill but I feel blah... Still haven't started back on the workouts and don't feel any motivation to start. It's that TOM! Blah!

doesnt help that I killed myself with yesterdays workout. I guess I was just amazed at how much more I could do and pushed myself way to hard.. ouch.. this sucks..

I just feel like I was so pumped and went down a size and then its like the big let down.. like.. well.. until the next size.. I know its a bad attitude.. I need to start being more thankful of where I am at.. thankfulness usually kicks the blah in the butt. :thumbup:

Hang in there Donna.. we'll get through this! thanks for sharing in this with me.:smile:

I have a hard time with eggs and any type of bread product. The things I miss the most are sandwiches and pizza. I mourn for them, but I am certainly happier with weight loss and if I have to continue to mourn the loss I will.

At my last fill which is always done under fluoro, my PA said my pouch had enlarged a little. Of course I freaked, and she said it was nothing to worry about and on a scale of 1-10 with 10 the largest, it was a 2. I told her I had been PBing still trying to find some Protein I could eat besides fish. She said to go on liquids for 2 days and eat really small meals after that ( 1 cup at the most) and she would check it again at the end of the month. Has anyone experienced this yet? What did you do and did it work? Wendy said if it didn't revert she could do a complete unfill for a month or more. This idea scares me to death as I picture uncontrollable eating and weight gain. Help!

ummm pizza! but i'm with you bread is my big no no. sorry to hear of your trouble, I've not had that problem if I did I don't know if I would even know it because my fill center doesn't have fluro. but I have read on other threads where the liquid thing has helped. good luck and keep us informed. And have you tried deli meat for protein, if you get it shaved it goes down pretty good in small bites

I still eat pizza on occasion. If it's thin crust, I eat the whole slice, if it's any other kind of crust, then I just scrape the top with a fork and eat the toppings only. I used to love dipping bread in herbed olive oil but now I just do it with the crust (and just a couple of bites). Also, I find if I toast the bread to a crunchy consistency, I can still eat 1/2 a sandwich. I have no problems at all with eggs any style.

Lest I give a false impression, I rarely indulge in the above items but when I really want a slice of pizza, a sandwich or find myself at an Italian restaurant, I do not deny myself either those items. I find now that a little bit goes a long way.

I have been on a weight loss stall for the past couple of weeks so I really need to switch something up. I feel my restriction has lessened quite a bit but am reluctant to get another fill as I want to be able to eat solid foods comfortably. I think I'll hold off for at least another month and see if I can break through this plateau. I was at my current weight for a couple of years so I'm thinking my body just wants to rest at this weight for a bit before it breaks through the fat barrier.

Donna, I am at a standstill also. I haven't lost anything in almost 3 weeks. I think my hysterectomy is to blame.:thumbup:. I am not able to exercise at all right now and it made me too tight for a few weeks so I began eating more carbs...cereal (Special K with skim milk, but still), Beans, and my Proteins starting sticking. :laugh: It is loosening up now, so hopefully it will get better soon.

It's good to know that I'm not alone. I haven't lost anything for 5 weeks. I'm more upset about my band not functioning properly than not losing weight. Five weeks ago I was too tight and today I feel loose. I have myself to blame for not eating right, but I think there is something wrong with my band. It just seems weird that I can go from too tight to just right to too loose in the span of 6 weeks with no adjustments unless I have some kind of inflamatory process that is going on that is affecting my band.

I've been checked for a leak but there's no obvious leak. My surgeon hasn't been able to pull out all the Fluid from my band. I have absolutely no clue what is in my band right now and either does he. I had to cancel my appointment Tuesday because I was just too busy at work to go, and they were happy I canceled because they were so busy. I rescheduled for Feb 9th after I get back from a vacation so I guess I'll just see what happens then.

It's good to know that I'm not alone. I haven't lost anything for 5 weeks. I'm more upset about my band not functioning properly than not losing weight. Five weeks ago I was too tight and today I feel loose. I have myself to blame for not eating right, but I think there is something wrong with my band. It just seems weird that I can go from too tight to just right to too loose in the span of 6 weeks with no adjustments unless I have some kind of inflamatory process that is going on that is affecting my band.

I've been checked for a leak but there's no obvious leak. My surgeon hasn't been able to pull out all the Fluid from my band. I have absolutely no clue what is in my band right now and either does he. I had to cancel my appointment Tuesday because I was just too busy at work to go, and they were happy I canceled because they were so busy. I rescheduled for Feb 9th after I get back from a vacation so I guess I'll just see what happens then.

I know what you mean. I think we are in a stall....maybe from the holidays. I got a fill on Monday and the scale has moved a little. I definitely have more restriction. I schelduled an appt in three more weeks for another fill. The PA only put in .4 this time and I think I now have 4.9cc.

I consulted with personal trainer. He showed me exercises with bands. He said just doing cardio won't change much. So, I walk one day, and do bands the next. I have to be careful because I have a bad back. He also said only weigh once every other week. I just have to weigh every day, but it can be discouraging. Anyway, I am excited about getting some personal help.

You probably just need a little fill. The relationship between our bands and our stomach is not a static thing. It changes, our nerve endings get used to the pressure, there is a possible muscle atrophy beneath the band, our stress level changes, etc. That is why the band is adjustable.

If you really try and don't lose for three weeks, if you are trolling for food constantly, if your hunger is back in force, it istime to consider a fill. Do your best to make good choices in the meantime. Enjoy your vacation!

There are literally hundreds of posts on LBT about the fluctuations of the tightness of the band. Our bodies react to everything that happens to us. I've seen many posts where people say sometimes the tightness fluctuates several times a day. If you feel loose for 2 weeks straight, then it's probably time for a fill but be careful not to overfill (I know you've read the numerous posts on here abuot what being too tight can lead to).

It just seems weird that I can go from too tight to just right to too loose in the span of 6 weeks with no adjustments unless I have some kind of inflamatory process that is going on that is affecting my band.

Its true.. in a matter of 6 weeks you can go from too tight to too loose.. your stomach is a huge fat deposit place.. and when you lose weight the fat around the stomach shrinks and so it makes the band looser.

also when you get a fill whether too tight or just right you always need at least a week to two weeks to "let the fill settle" meaning that when you get a fill swelling will happen (hense the liquid for 48 hours thing) so to actually know how tight this fill will be you need to let it settle.. the swelling to go down and then you see where you are at. so you may have been too tight but in 2 weeks you could be too loose or just right.

my doc says if after 2 weeks you dont lose 1-2 lbs a week and you can eat more than 1/2 cup.. then you need a fill. Donna is right.. thats why its adjustable.. and most people I have talked to that have had the LB for a long period of time say it took months to a year to finally get adjusted correctly.

so hang in there.. I think its a process.. we are all in this boat.. months out.. hoping the pounds would be flying off.. and instead struggling to lose one! we just need to keep getting adjusted and keep our chins up! :scared2:

Ok so something reaallllly weird is going on.. I was 249 before my last fill and in 3 days I was down to 246 (which is typical because of not eating much after getting a fill) and now about a week and a half after my fill I am 252!!! I have weighed myself several times over the last 3 days so its actually what I am.. so I gained 6 lbs!! thats impossible! and what is so strange is the amount of food I have been eating since my last fill is totally cut in half or a third of what I was eating.. 1/2 cup definately fills me up! and I am not eating crap either.. I am so stumped.. not to mention ticked! it just makes no sense!

the only possible explaination I could fathom is that I am pg.. but its way to early for weight gain.. I still have to wait about 2 weeks if that was even a possibility.. so its most likely not

man this stinks!:(

Well, shrink, if you are pg and even if you are not, it could be your body is holding on to Fluid. Try drinking extra Water and even some warm Water with lemon in it. It may help your body release some Fluid. But....pg would definitely explain the sudden retention of fluid.:scared2:

Oh, and are you tracking your calories? You don't want to go to low. Please keep your calorie count at least at 1000. You don't want your body holding on to every last bite you eat!:(

Oh, my friend who was banded two weeks before me just found out she is pregnant. She had to take fertility drugs for her first two pregnancies. She has a 5 year old and twins who had their first birthday last weekend. Her 45 lb weight loss fixed her infertility problem, although she wasn't quite planning on another! It is just a little surprise.

Edited by crzytchr

Are you eating Protein and produce and only a few good carbs?

Could you be constipated?

Have you been eating salty things?

Are you drinking enough to flush things out?

My body hangs onto Water when it starts to lose fast, I guess to fight it, then dumps the Water eventually and I drop a couple of pounds after an evening of running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

And my scale often bounces after hitting a new low.

Keep doing your best and the scale will have to show it...eventually. Hang in there!

thanks for the encouragement ..seriously I need it.

I definately need to drink more Fluid.. for sure! and I have been doing the Protein, produce and very little carbs thing.. and I am not eating slider foods or liquid calories... I am not sure what my calorie count is.. it is low.. but probably not under 1000. I do about the same thing eating everyday (with some variations) to keep myself in check .. the routine helps me.

thats what drives me crazy. I am doing things by the book..

ah well.. I just need to keep going.. its just so discouraging to break 250 for the first time in 10+ years and then go right back over it! blah..

well I am off to work out..

have a great day guys..