Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Charlene, I found mine at costco but it looks like there are several sources online. Also, you might want to check HEB, if they don't have it, I'm sure they'll be happy to start stocking it. With the health craze and all the touted benefits of soybeans, I'm sure it will be available in most grocery stores soon.

Charlene, I found mine at costco but it looks like there are several sources online. Also, you might want to check HEB, if they don't have it, I'm sure they'll be happy to start stocking it. With the health craze and all the touted benefits of soybeans, I'm sure it will be available in most grocery stores soon.

Thanks! Do I find it in the Gourmet food section? ....and what does it taste like?

I found mine in the snack section. It's kind of hard to describe the taste but I'll try. It's a little salty, crunchy and mild flavored. It's not exactly mouthwatering, but it sure does satisfy the craving for chips or popcorn and I find a 1/4 cup VERY filling. For 130 calories, it really can't be beat.

Thank you for sharing this. I live in a fairly rural area and products like this are hard to come by; so I really don't know what's out there. Looks like there are a few sources online to buy and they even have wasabi flavor which I love! They will come in handy on my upcoming vacation.

Any other suggestion for plane Snacks? I have a long flight and a layover. I wish I could take an Atkins shake with me, but because of the liquid restrictions its impossible. I like the Atkins shakes because they have a good amount of Protein, taste good and are very handy. I don't want to slime or PB a mile in the air sitting next to a stranger!

We just traveled to europe and Quaker has these granola bars that are like peanutbutter chocolate chip and they have extra protein in them.. I think like 10g and they are like 110 calories.. I kept a stash on hand.. I actually keep some in my purse and they tend to tide me over. so get the ones that say protien on them.. I think they just have peanutbutter ones too.

Myself, I'm a BBQ pork rind snacker. 80 calories per serving and 0 trans fat and 0 carbs 9g of Protein, But eat um slow so they don't get stuck.

We just traveled to europe and Quaker has these granola bars that are like peanutbutter chocolate chip and they have extra Protein in them.. I think like 10g and they are like 110 calories.. I kept a stash on hand.. I actually keep some in my purse and they tend to tide me over. so get the ones that say protien on them.. I think they just have peanutbutter ones too.

I love these too! I keep them in my desk drawer at work and eat them during recess.

Donna, what are the e-mail notifications and how do you get them? I am assuming they are to remind you to log on to the lap band site when you check your e-mail? I really need this cause I tend to do a quick e-mail check every day, but not so good about logging on to LBT. I gained a few pds over the holidays and need to get back on track. HELP!!!!!! Jenhay

Also has anyone been researching this "BodyBugg" craze and is it worth the money and does it help? Hope someones got some answers for me. I am not real computer literate and don't know how to do the ticker thing. I was banded on July 31 and have lost a total of 35 pds since I first started this journey, so the total is from my first appt. pre-banding to today.

Also has anyone been researching this "BodyBugg" craze and is it worth the money and does it help? Hope someones got some answers for me. I am not real computer literate and don't know how to do the ticker thing. I was banded on July 31 and have lost a total of 35 pds since I first started this journey, so the total is from my first appt. pre-banding to today.

Hey Jenhay,

go here Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

follow the instructions to make a weightloss ticker.. its pretty easy to follow then enter your weight and goal weight and when it gives you the code copy the bb code and paste it in your edit signature area and then save it.. the edit signature tab is on the left when you sign into your LBtalk account. if you have problems feel free to ask.. :cursing:

Donna, what are the e-mail notifications and how do you get them? I am assuming they are to remind you to log on to the lap band site when you check your e-mail? I really need this cause I tend to do a quick e-mail check every day, but not so good about logging on to LBT. I gained a few pds over the holidays and need to get back on track. HELP!!!!!! Jenhay

When you subscribe to a thread (posting on a thread will result in subscribing to that thread or if you don't want to post to that particular thread, but want to continue to "lurk", then you can click on the button at the top of the thread "Thread Tools"), under User CP you have options on how you would like to be notified of updates to the thread.

1. Under User CP, Go to Edit Options under Settings and Options.

2. Under Default Subscription Mode, second box in Messaging and Notifications, there is a drop down menu with various options on how you would like to be notified.

3. Once you pick the option you'd like, scroll to the bottomof the page and click on "Save Changes".

Thanks for the help you all. I will try and get back on later tonight and see if I can do any of this. I have never pasted anything so this will be new for me. If I have any more questions I"ll just ask! Still would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about the '"BodyBug". Thanks You all, Jenhay

Thanks for the help you all. I will try and get back on later tonight and see if I can do any of this. I have never pasted anything so this will be new for me. If I have any more questions I"ll just ask! Still would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about the '"BodyBug". Thanks You all, Jenhay

I found this yesterday after you asked and forgot to post it to you Bodybugg Review | Does Bodybugg Work?, Pros & Cons what it seems to say is that although its using the latest technology it doesnt seem to be worth the cost.. its over 300 dollars.. also it says that people have gotten number obsessed instead of focusing on being healthy.. we all know thats a tendency.. like we need more numbers to look at...:laugh:

anyways just thought i would pass it on....

Thank you all for the information and maybe I will find time to check this out. I did try to do the ticker thing but it did't work for me. I did get all the info put in and made it down to where you are supposed to cut and paste and could not get it to do it for me. You nall probably think I am a real dummy. But I will keep trying. I have 3 wonderful sons and they are all computer whizzes. Guess they didn' get that form me! They have all been building computers since high school and would be happy to help me but I am really private about my LBS and not veryt many people know that I have had it done. Oh, I didn't mean that they didn"t know, jus not many others. There I go, rambling again. SORRY Jenhay

Hi July Bandsters -

I have posted on this site from time to time, but really need to check in now as I am feeling pretty blue these days. I'm not sure the band was the right decision for me. I heard my doc say "it's 90% you and 10% band", but I guess I didn't think it would be so much of a struggle. I lose and gain the same 2 -3 lbs every week. I don't think I'm down at all since October.

Anyway, I know I need to make better food choices, but I just wish it was easier.

Hi July Bandsters -

I have posted on this site from time to time, but really need to check in now as I am feeling pretty blue these days. I'm not sure the band was the right decision for me. I heard my doc say "it's 90% you and 10% band", but I guess I didn't think it would be so much of a struggle. I lose and gain the same 2 -3 lbs every week. I don't think I'm down at all since October.

Anyway, I know I need to make better food choices, but I just wish it was easier.

How does your band feel? Do you have restriction at all, or maybe even too tight?