Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Yes I to will take that challenge, can't seem to get the valentine ticker, so I will just say by valentines day I intend on being a total of 70lbs down. That's 10 more lbs for me also. Also on the 13th of this month I'm having my breast finished. (had a lift march of last year and they took me down 2 1/2 sizes) now they have to go back in and make them full and round so I guess it will add a couple of lbs OH, I hope this isn't to much info for everyone. But we seem to share alot.

To make a new ticker just go back in and instead of edit click create a new ticker. I put it on my google page and then copied and pasted it when I edited my signature. That may be a long way, but hey, I am am technically challenged.

Yep, this is a tough one for me because I gained four lbs over the holidays, and I need a fill. I can't get on till the 19th.

Thanks, hope it works

Hi, I had a nice holiday and didn't gain anything to speak of. :-) I held pretty steady, which was good considering I made a few Desserts for the guys and had a little bit now and then. Now I am finally getting the scale moving again -- in the right direction! And today I finally hit the 200's. 299.0. :-) It almost feels like an anticlimax, it took so long.

WTG Orea! It is always a good feeling to keep our weight going in the right direction, especially through the holiday season.

How's everyone doing?? its been pretty quiet at the start of the new year.

I joined in on the 10lbs by valentines day. I get my next and much needed fill on the 16th.. the doctor is on vacation till then.. I got back from my trip and was all pumped up to finally get my next fill only to hear I had to wait over 2 more weeks!! :thumbup: I guess its up to me till then.

We joined the YMCA because I refuse to go all winter with out being able to walk or do anything.. its so hard with a little one because you cant just step out into the freezing cold any time you want. its nice because they have good childcare while you work out. so I am excited about that.

ok well everyone post a little something so we know how you all are..

Orea- good job holding steady!! and congrats on the 299 mark!! even though you may not be where you want to be I applaud you because you are doing awesome!.. :wink_smile:

OREA, CONGRATS ON BUSTING THROUGH TO THE 200's.

SHRINKNME, nothing like a challenge to get the weight loss going. I don't get a fill till the 19th so I am kinda hungry. Oh well, I have been working on my small bites and chewing. Restriction can't do it all.

Fellow Butterflies,

At the end of last week I hit a weight that would no longer qualify me for the surgery! My BMI is finally under 40!!!I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE!!! Just obese. Jeez, who would think someone could be THIS excited about being obese?!:wink_smile:

Yay Orea! What a fantastic way to start the new year! You worked hard for that number so I hope you are going to give yourself a reward.

Nothing new here. No fills for two months as I have hit the sweet spot. Steady 6-7 pounds a month. Finally just overweight. My diabetic medicine has not gone down, but I can tell you this, as my weight goes down my energy level is going up. I did not have a clue that the weight was slowing me down so much. I am so thankful I did this lapband.

Happy New Year, Butterflies!

I've been on an "unplugged" vacation since Christmas Eve and today is my first day back on a computer since then. It was great -- I highly recommend it (especially around the holidays).

Orea, congrats on breaking the 300 barrier! WTG!

I didn't lose any weight over the holidays but didn't gain any either. Since I ate lots and lots of chocolate, I can only assume it's because I didn't eat very much by way of food volume so I guess I just indulged in chocolate calories. Oh well, it was the holidays and now it's time to get back to real.

Happy New Year, Butterflies!

I've been on an "unplugged" vacation since Christmas Eve and today is my first day back on a computer since then. It was great -- I highly recommend it (especially around the holidays).

Orea, congrats on breaking the 300 barrier! WTG!

I didn't lose any weight over the holidays but didn't gain any either. Since I ate lots and lots of chocolate, I can only assume it's because I didn't eat very much by way of food volume so I guess I just indulged in chocolate calories. Oh well, it was the holidays and now it's time to get back to real.

Donna, that is what it is all about. You enjoyed foods you normally had (just less of them) and DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!! Have you ever been able to say that for any holiday season before this? CONGRATULATIONS!

YEA Orea!!! so happy for you. and I would love to be back to 6 or 7lbs a month but for now i'm kinda stuck at 3 to 4 but I'll take it, right now I have 32lbs to go and it seems so possible and exciting. so glad everyone is back from vacation and the Holidays It was getting lonely out here.

OH, and just wanted to share a non scale victory with you: I bought a pair of pj's yesterday and no more 3X I bought a large in the reg. section. not even a extra large just large i'm still amazed

Hi everyone. this is my third attempt to post on this thread and for some reason I keep getting kicked off. Hop this one makes it. Great job Kimally! I have only lost half of what you have but hopefully will get back on track. I am all for the 10 lb Valentine challenge. I really need some motivation. Jenhay

Fellow Butterflies,

At the end of last week I hit a weight that would no longer qualify me for the surgery! My BMI is finally under 40!!!I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE!!! Just obese. Jeez, who would think someone could be THIS excited about being obese?!:thumbup:

congrats, another victory!!!:wink_smile:

Donna you did wonderful over the holidays. Wish I could say the same, but tomorrow is a new day. I just started a new job that I have been trying to get for the last 4 months and it should be my dream job. I am working at one of the best fitness centers in the area and one of the perks is I have free membership as long as I work there. If that doesn't motivate me nothing will. LOL