Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Hey all.. I had an appt for tomorrow to get a slight unfill because of the heartburn.. but I dont think I am gonna do it now.. its been a week and today I didnt have heartburn at all and I am able to eat a tiny bit more that when I first got the fill.. still around a half a cup.. but I dont want to get a slight unfill if I dont need it.. so i think I will cancel..

in other news. I was out doing wedding stuff with my friend who is getting married soon. and it was lunch time and I was like man I am starving.. because I ate Breakfast at 7am and it was now 1pm or so.. so we go to sit down and I eat like 8 bites and I am full..

we get home and are eating supper later that evening with my hubby and she says laughing.. "so she said she was starving and then we sit down and she eats 8 bites and is full... she said she was starving!"... :thumbup: I love it.

sounds like your doing good where your at, a 1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup is what they tell me sould fill you. If you don't have heartburn any more I wouldn't do an unfil eather.

I've finally lost another pound. This weight loss thing is so weird. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why I lose and why the scale won't move.

It can be quite nerve racking can't it? congrats to both of you on the newly lost lbs. I included you Orea because I noticed your ticker going back up and I'm really happy for you.

Thanks. It went up a long time ago but I didn't really want to record that. I don't know how long it will last, but I really have restriction today, in the good sense. I had some leftover beet and cabbage Soup so I pureed it with some cottage cheese and thinned it to drinkable consistency. It was still thick but would psss the straw test, if you know what I mean. I had to drink it in two sittings, and boy, am I full. This is so cool! I could kiss Dr. Tran. :-D

Orea, how wonderful!

I have another fill scheduled for next Tuesday. This will be my fifth fill. I currently have 4.5 in an 8 cc band.

Orea, how wonderful!

I have another fill scheduled for next Tuesday. This will be my fifth fill. I currently have 4.5 in an 8 cc band.

Donna they are being really conservative with you.. I have had 2 fills and I am at 4.2 in a 10cc.. it took you 4 fills to get to almost where I am.. crazy! good luck.. maybe this will be the "one" :eek:

Donna they are being really conservative with you.. I have had 2 fills and I am at 4.2 in a 10cc.. it took you 4 fills to get to almost where I am.. crazy! good luck.. maybe this will be the "one" :eek:

It's not them, it's my band. The first fill was 3 and it didn't do anthing, the 2nd fill they gave me 1 for 4 but it was too much so they had to back out .5. The 3rd fill they gave me another 1 but had to back out .5 so on the 4th fill they gave me .5 to take me up to 4.5 and it gave me good restriction but I'm starting to feel it loosen again so it's time to go back. I'm just very sensitive to fills.

ya.. its crazy how different we all are! I was feeling really tight after this last fill and I just must be used to it. cause its not like I am whoa everytime I eat. I am still doing well with portion size and not hungry. but I guess life just moves on when you get used to the restriction. I just dont think about it anymore. which I guess is good. but its nice that when I start feeling hungry my stomach is growling.. cause thats how it should be.. eat when you need to and not eat just to eat something. :eek:

The fill thing is real ify (if that's a word) I'm just not sure if I'm ready or not. On my 2nd fill they brought me up to 4.8 it was terrible I was sick all night and couldn't even keep my own salava down(sorry so vivid) they took out .4 and now I'm at 4.4 and after I did the 5 day pouch test the first 2 days I was eating a 1/2 cup and now I can hold 1 cup again. But I guess I'm just gun shy or afraid of another over fill. I know I should make an appt. Just a little unsure.

kimaly. I know what you are saying. cause after my last fill I was having heartburn as I mentioned earlier for like 4-5 days after.. and thats a sign of being too tight.. and I was barely able to get 1/2 cup down.. but on like day 5 the heartburn stopped and things seemed to loosen up a little more and I can eat a little over a 1/2 cup before im full. so I cancelled my slight unfill that was susposed to be yesterday.. and last night the heartburn started again.. so i dont know.. its hard to judge things.. everything is staying down with the exception of a piece of pickle skin i didnt chew well enough. :blink:

so I dont know..

I was going to make that appt. first thing monday morning but after my last post this morning I went and scrambled a egg and yep it got stuck just 3 bites in. so after getting my pb on for awhile it went away. That's just how I seem to be tight in the morning and a little looser then I'd like to be in the afternoon. Question for everyone: does your port ever feel sore in the morning after laying on it all night?