Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters group at Yahoo... SandyRN gone.. COME BACK!!!

I wanted to forward this information on to those who I had spoken with regarding SandyRN from the yahoo group bandsters. I know there has been many people who have left due to her, and I wanted you guys to know you can come back now!!

<tt>Dear Bandsters:

We regret to inform you that Sandy, RN has been removed from this board. The moderators of Bandsters have done this in response to many complaints and loss of membership attributed directly to her. We are also concerned about her effect on the dynamics of our peer-based support group. This situation is not new, but it has reached a critical point.

While Sandy is indeed very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, she also uses a very dominant and authoritarian tone on the board. This has stiffled the peer-based mission of this group to such a point that we felt we had to take action.

This group was founded 6 years ago by a group of patients who were dedicated to sharing information, experiences and support with each other. While we value and depend on our medical teams, we feel equally strongly that peer-based support is a crucial part of our recovery from obesity. Through mutual support and developing our own internal authority, we are able to grow and help those who come after us.

This is why we have a Medical Professionals Policy, which can be found in the Files section. It essentially asks that medical professionals who are also AGB patients to speak as patients and not professionals. Sandy is well aware of this policy, as we have asked her to abide it, without success.

A flurry of new complaints has forced our hand, and after much discussion. we have formed consensus and taken the action we feel is necessary. Those of you who would like to maintain contact with her are encouraged to signup on Sandy's board, SmarterBandsters

</tt><tt>Before you load the muskets and fix bayonets against us, let us please point out that we are the THIRD board which has found this necessary; She has previously been banned from Spotlight Health, and SmartBandsters. This speaks to a larger pattern.

If you have concerns or questions about this decision, please feel free to contact the moderators at BandstersAdmin @ yahoogroups.com -- we will be happy to address any lingering issues not covered in this letter. However, we are firm in our decision.

We encourage everyone to continue posting your problems, solutions, advise,concerns and support! Please review the posting guidelines in the files section - the moderators have been asked to tighten up their approvals, and to reject any which don't meet them.

Essentially it's about remaining on topic, not flaming other members and speaking from your own experience. Please email the mods if you are unsure of any guidelines.

Bandsters remains committed to being a peer-support based board centered on all forms of Adjustable Gastric Banding, and look forward to refocusing on this mission.

Thank you.

The owner and moderators of Bandsters"</tt>

<tt>

</tt>

ps: this is not intended to flame or cause any drama toward this person I just know that many of us left bandsters because of her and we can go back now!

I left those boards a long time ago in favor of this one. Every once and awhile I'll pop in but I always just look to see what Jesse has to say. This forum is so much easier to navigate, and the people are so much more friendly and open.

((Hi Donali!!! Great to see you post.)))

Megan

I've never posted at any other boards than this one, and one other, not mentioned above. I almost think I'm glad that I never found those other boards from the sounds of what was written above.

I feel like such a family member here, and on the other one that I post at, and that's always been such a key factor for me. I like feeling like I belong to one huge culturally and ethnically diverse group of people whom I can call my family.

Skin color, opinions, cultural upbringing, and religion have nothing to do with why I love all of you here. I love all of you because you're kind, caring, and loving people, just like myself.

You've all taught me so much, and have given a glimpse into what it is like to be you. It's taught me to listen a little more, love with an open heart, and to give back everything that I can.

Thank you to my lovely LBT family. You are all wonderful people, and I couldn't feel more happy and honored to be amongst you, my banded, soon to be banded, and want to banded family.

I only surfed the Yahoo boards until I found this one and one other. I didn't find them to be very consistant or user friendly. Funny, but that Sandy person sure sticks out in my mind, some people are negative about everything. Besides you can only be loyal to so many sites before they become a bandster blurrrrrrrr.

I have to disagree, when I first got my band I had so many questions and she always gave me great advice. I took it because she has already passed this stage and she knew from personal experience what I was going through!! I did see alot of people always trying to knock her down but to me she was always good!

LOL! I thought I was the only that had the "Dan Lester" experiece!

HI DONALI! I'll be emailing soon!