Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies :smile:

WOW, miss a few days and it seems like weeks :wink: won't be able to address it all, but here goes.

armywife - hang in there, I think I have 7cc now, and I AM restricted, it is wonderful, just like when I first had surgery.

allie - woo hoo what a hottie in the tankini, your husbands analogy about the caterpillar was so sweet. Congrats on the d's scholarship.

long - take a good long look in that mirror and see the beautiful "butterfly emerging from her cocoon.

apples- sorry for all the Water problems, hope there all fixed now. I am working on that love your body thing, still trying :eek:

lucy - woohoooo!!!!!! in onderland!! congrats on the clothes too. A big pat on the back for teaching canning, I am 46 and still stuggle with some of that.

v - just hold your head up and that job will come and be the best yet.

Now, I have been busy with family stuff, so haven't been able to get on. I weighed and scale said 199.5, but I am not going to Celebrate until it stays there :) I did have a non-scale victory today though. I went shopping with some store cards I had received for birthdays last year had to use them before they expired. I had been hanging on so I could use them when I "was smaller". I got the clothes "knowing" :) none of them would fit, they never do. THEY FIT!!! Size 14 levi jeans, hip huggers (trying to avoid contact with the port site) I had to look twice, of course I had brought bigger sizes in with me, they were to big :wink2:. I even bought a pair of shorts for this summer for $3 that were on clearance at Kohl's. Went to Dillards, found a xl blouse and it looks great :). Last week when I hit 199.5 (for all purposes - hair dye) I dyed my hair and got it cut, I had long shoulder length curly/wavy hair and got it cut to a neck length bob, I have to straighten it, but it looks soooo different. I have gotten so many compliments on it, and they tell me I have lost SOOO MUCH weight, (it is just all my hair gone, LOL). So maybe you are right allie, butterfly??? we will see :) My dh loved it.

When is the meeting in Oct. I would love to go, but I hope it is not around the 17th, son is getting married. How do you upload pics to site? I love getting on here, also. I always leave with a smile.

I pray you all have a great Sunday! What a beautiful bunch of butterflies.

addy

Edited by addy
left out word

Well Addy, congrats on the clothes, I know that feels awesome. Sounds like you are doing really good, keep up the good work. I bet you are looking hot!!

lucy

ONEDERLAND!!!!

It finally happened this morning, I stepped on the scale 3 times to be sure and it said 199.5. I should've stopped there but I got on 2 more times and it said 200.3 but I'm going with 3 out of 5!! I'm owning it as of today. I'd been stuck for over 2 weeks so was very happy to be down 2 lbs this morning. I broke down and cried and cried on hubbies shoulder, I've not weighed in the 100's since I had my baby, he'll be 26 in May. I can't believe I have only 20 - 30 lbs to go to reach goal. My ultimate goal per my surgeon is 169 that gives me the 'Normal' BMI, however he said anything under 180 he'd be happy with so that's only 20 to 30 more. WOOHOO!! I would love to reach that by my bandiversary date in June.

Addy, sounds like you scored on shopping!! WOO HOO!!

Long ~ Congratulations on hitting Onderland! Doesn't it feel great!

I unfortunately hit it and have been stuck at 198 for the past few weeks. I'm so frustrated, I got a small fill a few weeks ago back on the 9th and it did nothing. I actually feel less restrictive than before he added. Is it possible that less got added back in they way they withdraw it all then add? Any way, I cant get in to see my surgeon until March 18th. He is only in on Mon & Wed and he is fully booked. :( But I'm going to keep calling to see if there any cancellations. Just don't want to wait that long since I am stuck at the scale. I've been working out like crazy to see If I can give the scale a nudge.

I've been spending the afternoon cleaning my 19 year old daughters room. It was left quite a mess when she packed up to move to Orlando last month. Very interesting the things I am finding!!! ;)

Hey there Junies..

congrats addy and long on ONDERLAND!!!

Addy, You can upload pictures by clicking on your private messages at the top right of your screen, once there all the way to the left if you look at the list there is a place that says albums.. go there then look for the button that says upload. if you want to upload photo just into a post, hit reply just like you would to post then there is a paper clip at top of box next to font size color and smilies.. click it then you can upload pics make sure you hit upload after you open it or it wont post.

Vz` sounds like you are having fun in her room LOL..

Have a great night. I went to the gym today and I am beat. Going to bed early! xoxo

Hi Junies! Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a surprise call from my sis yesterday who said all of us (all 8 sibs) are going to surprise our mom and just show up today and take her out for lunch. This was prompted by my one brother being in town who lives in new hampshire. The rest of us are midwesterners. So I had to interrupt my moving into my apartment to run up and spend the day with family. It was great fun and everyone noticed I am losing weight. Of course they asked and I just said Portion Control. One sis knows and she is keeping the secret, who knows I might tell some day but theres too much opinionation (new word?) in my family. It was great to see them all. Last time we were all together was my dads funeral. This was much more fun. And I will get moved in soon enough....

Congrats to all you wonderlanders! We have a large goodwill store where I live and I keep meaning to get there to do some shopping but I haven't had time yet. Now that I am living in town, I could go after work some evening. Right now I am spending money on my apartment....got a new digital TV, TV stand, nice knife set and curtains and stuff. Its starting to look cozy.

Well, I am off to unpack a few more boxes and then get to bed. Hope you all have a great week!

Congratulations Long!!! WOO HOO :hurray:

Strike - I know what you mean about family. I only told one aunt (my fav. one) and she swore not to tell, now my aunts and uncle look at me tell me how good I look and wink ( I know a secret wink) They are all tall and skinny, all have drank like a fish, smoke like a chimney, and all but two, there were 10, had more marriages than who knows??? But they are SKINNY!!!! So you know foodies are just weak :hurray:, my dad included. Dad doesn't EVER bring it up, or tell me he is noticing I am losing, I don't know if he is embarrassed of me having to "have" lap-band or that I did not tell him. I am really trying to just not care anymore. let them talk :hurray: He came to hospital :hurray: I was shocked I had told him I was going in for a hiatal hernia repair, which was true. When I was being wheeled to my room after surgery, I was still half out of it, and suprised to see him there, I just blurted out, "you know I had my stomach fixed" and dozed back off LOL. So technically I did tell him, not sure he understood, but I did tell him :thumbup:

I am going to try and upload some pics, I will have to scan them, so we will see :tongue:

You ladies have a great Monday,

addy

Hi everyone,

I have been real busy and fell off the site for awhile. I have been losing the weight and coming off my meds. I will start blogging more again.

Edited by teford

Oh wow Long Congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is wonderful, you are so close and have came so far. You should be very proud, I know you are :w00t:

I don't have much to report. Just got back from my Pampered Chef team meeting.

I know I have to be losing, because my band is still sooooo tight. We'll see this coming Thursday...my weigh in day.

Lucy...I LOVE Pampered Chef. About the only party I am invited to and don't mind going. tupperware isn't too bad either. Hope you had a good trip. Did you fly? Does your band get tight when flying? Mine certainly does for a few days after.

Had one of my first band complications on Sunday. Tried corn...bad deal. Had stoma spasms a couple of times. Thought of going to ER it was so bad. It cleared up on it's own but was tender all day today. Corn is off my list of things to eat. UGH! This experience just made me appreciate and respect my band more. I am a band rule follower but believe in trying new things. It came back and bit me in the butt!

Hi everyone,

Lucy- congrats on hittting XL that is soo freakin cool

Long- Congrats on the score of clothing sales and hitting wonderland, im close but still not their.

Alli-Congrats on your daughter picking a school close, my boy is only 3 and half and i am already dreading the possiblity of him moving far from home LOL

Addy- bet you look smokin hot with your new hair cut

As for me, still one day at a time. Have appt with doc on monday im gonna ask for a fill. I have been working out pretty regular and joined a basketball team.. I thought i was working out anyway LOL then i joined the team and learned what a workout really is. for 2 hrs im getting cardio and strength training, those girls are kicking my butt LOL... But i am so very happy after each time. And i know that if i hadn't lost these lbs with the lapband no way would i even be able to think about playing basketball. Man i love that sport. Well better look like im earning a paycheck. Keep it up ladies you all inspire me to do the best i can.

Oh thanks armywife, and I know what you mean my kids are 2 and 4 and growing up way to fast. My 4 year old wants to get married and have a baby, and I do mean right now!!!!! She asked me one time when she was going to be 18 and I told her that it will be along time for her but only a short time for mommy :smile: Hey...good job with the exercise!!!!!!!!!!

Apples, oh no....I'm just getting started with pampered chef. The meeting was with my director and others on her team at her house in Conway, which is only about 25 miles from my house. So I just drove, lol. Sorry about the corn episode, glad everything is okay.

Long, I hope you did not get back on the scale today and find disappointment. You know how much we can fluctuate day to day. That is why I only weigh in once a week. Sometimes it is hard not to step on but I try to resist as much as possible. When I hit 199.5, I did not get back on for a week because I did not what to be upset if I had a fluctualtion.

Hope everyone had a good day and is doing well.

Too late Lucy. I peeked at the scale this morning and it wasn't good. I am hoping it was all the salt from the popcorn I had at the movie for dinner last night. GRRRRR

On a positive note, this marks the week we up our Power 90 workouts to phases 3 & 4 and OMG is it tough. But I DID 200 CRUNCHES yesterday!! (yes I was shouting). And my pushups are getting almost respectable looking. LOL

Good Morning Junies..

Well, tomorrow is my 39th birthday.. It just amazes me how far I have come since my 38th birthday. I remember as I was blowing out my candles I was wishing for God to help me lose weight.. as I went on to eat a huge piece of cake :thumbup:.. I didn't even think of the lapband until may and then in june I was banded. I am hoping that by my 40th bday I will be at or below my goal weight. It's only 26 pounds and I have a year and a day to do it! I am actually hoping to hit goal by June 20th my bandiversary. I feel so happy just remembering how sad I was about my weight. I had completely forgotten standing in the shower just crying my eyes out because I was so sick of being so fat and not being able to see my feet! Every morning I would pray for help and I woke up this morning and jumped in the shower and looked down and I could see my feet and my legs and my girl parts! I was so excited. All of a sudden a huge wave of happy tears came over me and I realized and remembered how it felt pre band. I am going to try and never forget that! God has answered my prayers and I am so very grateful! Ok enough of my happy blubbering.. lol

Strike~ I thought I had alot of siblings (5) but jeez 8! That must have been so fun!

Addy~ did I miss seeing the pics?

Long~ jeez girl 200 crunches??? I did 20 sit ups and almost died! LOL..

Army~ You must be sore from practice! Gosh that sounds so fun but sooo painful .

Lucy~ I loved selling pampered chef. I miss going to the party's.. can I order stuff from you and have it shipped to me? I don't remember if that is possible or not.. I think I can go online an order but how can I get you to get credit for it? I miss seeing all the new products! I only use their stones for my bakeware. I would cry if they ever broke! They are seasoned perfectly!

Have a great day Junies.. :)