Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

vz~ woo hoo on your loss!!!

Long- sounds like alot of fun! I have been to a couple of buffets and have ended up pb'ing both times.

apples- SNOW?? oh I will be so happy to NEVER see another snowflake. I am sick of it!

I hate snow!!! Fortunately where I live in Maryland, we don't get a lot of snow. Like me I know you are all ready for the warm weather. I can't wait.

There were quite a few of us who had birthdays in February. I hope everyone had a great birthday. Sounds like you all did.

Cathy thanks for posting, I was concerned that maybe you had given up on all of us. I need a new kitchen also!! Maybe this year we'll do it after we get done with the master bath which is gutted right now.

Take care all of you beautiful Junies~

Hello everyone!!

Today i went for my 9 mth check up, well checkup actually would be the 27th for me, but i was in bad need of a fill. I had 5cc in my 14 CC band. I had absolutely no restriction i went in today and they put in 5 more. I think i definitely have restriction now (10cc):thumbup: I feel a lil swollen inside so will be doin liquids and mushy's for a day or two. But im excited that i might now have enough restriciton to make it to one-derland. These last 9 mths have been tough with out any restriction so keep your fingers crossed i didn't over do it and i hit my sweet spot.

Allie and Cathy--Happy belated birthday you ladies rockin it!

Long-hope you were able to flush all that salt out.

Good afternoon. I had my 9 mos post op check up today too. They were very impressed with my progress and said I was doing everything perfectly. I got a tweak of a fill, .25cc, I was unsure if I needed one as I still had good restriction but was able to eat more and haven't lost in over 3 weeks. She said I probably did need one since I was down 27 lbs in the last 3 mos and was losing some of the fat pad around the stoma between it and the band. So we shall see. I can't believe it's 9 mos already, or will be on Thurs. the 5th. My surgery was on a Thurs the 5th of June too. To think how nervous I was this time 9 mos ago and doubtful this was going to work for me. Glad I proved myself wrong! I hope this busts my plateau!!

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in. Been super busy cleaning house and getting ready for my pampered chef party. I also have 5 more parties planned for March and possibly another one.

I am so tired, I've been cooking and cleaning and redecorating, moving furniture. We got our new entertainment center in...it looks so good!! Anyway, moved around the girls room, then moved the entertainment center, my back was hurting. Got up this morning to leave for work and had a flat!!! It took me an hour to change it with my 2 year old and 4 year old trying to help. Late for work, stessful day at work!!! Cooking supper tonight and cleaning up and people from the church stop by for a visit. But hey, that is where I got my 6th party from, so not all bad.

I am so tired and just rambling.....I'M GOING TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucy

Good beautiful morning Junies!

Long.. I hope your fill does the trick for you!

Lucy.. sounds like you had a stressful day, I hope today is much better!

So I have made a huge commitment to go to the gym every day and let me tell you what.. I am so sore but exhilerated! If someone would have told me 9 months ago I would enjoy working out for an hour I would have laughed in there faces! I can hardly wait to go tonight. It really helps that I am dropping the pounds off! I made a vow to not weigh myself for 5 days and go to the gym every day and I droped 5.5 pounds! I was so excited. I am really pumped to keep it up. I go to planet fitness and I started by doing their 30 minute circuit and then workout with weights then day before yesterday I tried the elliptical for the first time and wow what a workout but stayed on it 1 hour yesterday and the day before. I am so motivated to lose this last 21 pounds! I want to be at goal before June 20!

I hope everyone has a great day! xoxox

Go allie!! Way to go!! You are smokin' now, you are leaving me in the dust though!! LOL Dang plateau!! But scale moved a half a pound today!! WOO HOO!! What is your goal? I am trying for 169 but doc says anything under 180 so not sure. It's either 20 or 30 more lbs for me and I want to hit it by June 5th ideally!

Hey Junies,

Okay its been 2 days since my fill.. I think im going back to have some taken out. Restriction is great, but wowsers, i think i have way to much. i have can get some solids down, but i have to be seriously careful otherwise their is pain. I don't think this is okay. So im goin to drive back (2 hrs.) and get an unfill as soon as possible. im hoping i can get one Friday. Im still able to get fluids down no problem and some mushy's but i don't like being uncomfortable with solids. 5 CC wasn't doing anything 10 is to tight so im gonna ask to drop down to 8cc. Anyone have this amount?? I know it differs from person to person but id like to hear form you Id rather get an unfill then damage my band.

Hey Junies,

Okay its been 2 days since my fill.. I think im going back to have some taken out. Restriction is great, but wowsers, i think i have way to much. i have can get some solids down, but i have to be seriously careful otherwise their is pain. I don't think this is okay. So im goin to drive back (2 hrs.) and get an unfill as soon as possible. im hoping i can get one Friday. Im still able to get fluids down no problem and some mushy's but i don't like being uncomfortable with solids. 5 CC wasn't doing anything 10 is to tight so im gonna ask to drop down to 8cc. Anyone have this amount?? I know it differs from person to person but id like to hear form you Id rather get an unfill then damage my band.

Hope you find a level that is right for you. Since you asked, I have 11.25 cc's in my band as of Monday. My last fill was only .25cc's so had been at 11 for several months. I have to be careful with solids, take small bites and chew chew chew. My band is a 14cc band (Large AP band I think it's called).

thanks long,

Im definitely uncomfortable yogurt hurts, so i know i need some taken out thankfully they were able to get me in tomorrow, just gotta call in sick at work which sucks but better to be on the safe side then have something go wrong with the band. I haven't been sleeping much the last few nights cause im just uncomfortable at night time. So keep your fingers crossed ill find the right way.

geesh okay, here me whine!!

I ate lunch today a turkey schnitzel, cut it up small, it all went down just fine. Not alot, but id say at least a 1/4 cup to half. What the heck!!! maybe i don't need an unfill

Good Morning Junies..

Livin- I guess I missed your post.. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Long- my goal is 170.. I still can't believe I'm so close to goal.

Army- sounds like you might be at your sweet spot. I get stuck on yogurt some mornings and can't eat for a couple of hours.. I have to chew chew chew everything I eat and honestly I am only able to eat 1/4 cup of food at a time and I think that might be being generous. I really like being super tight because I just can't eat alot. I even p'b'd on 1/2 of a snack pack of cottage cheese yesterday. I know alot of banders who don't like being tight and would rather be able to eat more and lose at a slower pace.. either way works because in the end.. we all end up being thin! I am just a very impatient person and want to be skinny NOW..lol I hope your day is better today!

I have been working harder this week at it than I have the entire 8 months.. It's crazy. I am in like super band mode. I have really been careful of what i have been eating and excercizing like crazy. I can almost taste goal! My hubby is so friggin proud of me! He is a body builder and has always been in the best of shape, it has been a whole new wonderful thing working out with him! He is always checking in on me and seeing if I need anything. :) Our love life is like we are newlyweds and I LOVE IT!! We have always had a wonderful marriage but lately I am like all giggly and it is so so so amazing! The band has been the best thing ever for not only my health but for my happiness! I am only weighing myself once a week (or trying to) so that I can really see the numbers move. Have a great day Junies!!!!!

Oh wow Allie, I can just hear the happiness oozing from your post. That is wonderful and you should be so proud. I am happy for you!!

Armywife, sounds like you may have a fickle band on your hands. Mine is like that sometimes. When we went out for our anniversary last weekend, I could not eat ANYTHING!! I really wanted to enyoy my meal, nice resaurant, no kids and yes, pb'd twice. I mean I could not eat a single bite. I don't know what was going on. Then the other night I ate a small piece of pizza, WTH?

I hope it can work out for you to for your comfort level. Most days my band is really tight, but I'm going to tuff it out.

I did not lose any weight this week, but I know it is because I have not been drinking enough Water. I MUST get my WATER in!!

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA recently. Life has been crazy, and I haven't bene on the computer a whole lot. I posted a seperate thread, but I'd have had a whole lot of issues the last two days. Not sure what happened, but after talking to the on call doctor today he thinks my band has slipped. I'm so upset, scared, etc. I'm supposed to go in first thing in the morning and have an upper GI and ALL the Fluid taken out of my band. I just hope I don't have to have surgery again. I've done everything I'm supposed to do, eaten small portions. The only thing I can think of is a while back after I was really tight, I pbed and threw up several times. I ended up having a slight unfill and felt much better. I was completely fine on Friday and woke up yesterday and can't keep anything down.

I know the doctor on call didn't know me at all today, but when I asked what would make my band slip, he said (kind of rudely) overeating. If there is one thing I DON'T do it's overeat. I eat small portions. I was so upset and told him I'd lost 106 pounds in less than 9 months and I DID NOT overeat. He then told me it could be from vomiting. I just want to go to the doctor and know what's wrong.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am. Allie it looks like you are rocking and rolling! Long, I've been stuck losing like a pound a week for the last 5 weeks. Plateaus suck!! Have a good evening!