Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome back, Allie. Good to hear you had a great holidays. Always good to get back home again. We are anxious to get out of here for a month. Record snow fall and cold already this winter. Just looking forward to being in our cabin, in the warm weather, in the National Forest. There's hiking trails, etc. and cannot wait to have the freedom of spending time in the outdoors again. We leave on the 13th. Suit cases are all packed (except of internet deals that I got on some clothing that is yet to be delivered). My DH will freak when he sees how much I have packed but not over the limit for the airlines. Guys can get by with so much less than us women. Doesn't every woman need one suitcase designated for shoes?

Good morning JuneBugs! Sounds like everyone's lifes are getting back to normal. Funny how routine gets so boring and we look forward to the break, only to look forward to getting back to the routine when the break is over. I went back to work this morning my normal hours. We now open at 530am so had to be there at 515 YAWN!! Not sure I am going to like that. Looks like all the gym regulars and the ones that will be coming for their New Year's resolutions are waiting til Monday to return. I sat there this morning til 830 and in over 3 hours only 4 folks came. Usually there's that many waiting outside the doors in the morning when we unlock them.

I think I need to go through closets again, I did a few months ago but things have changed in a few months! I did take 4 trash bags of clothes to Goodwill on the 31st (wanted that receipt for 2008 taxes :biggrin:). It was so hard to give them away. I have lost weight before, but never kept it off. One time I got rid of all my clothes and needed all new when I regained. There's no going back this time though! That's why I got the band, my rationale was that I would always have my tool to help remind me of proper portion sizes. I am hoping I'll always have some type of restriction.

Hello everyone,

I was banded on June 19th 2008. I am really impressed with all of your weightloss. I have been really proud of myself, but wow, some of you are really dropping the pounds.

I just hired a personal trainer and will strart working with her on Monday, I'm so excited. I know for my body type, when I exercise, I see results. Right now I just need a kick in the rear, that is why I hired one. Also one of my new years resolution is to exercise a little everyday no matter how much.

These past two weeks have been difficult. I am a teacher so we have been off for two weeks and that has gotten me out of my regular routine. But I have lost weight. In fact since getting banded I have not put on any weight at all. It has been a slow steady loss. What I love most about the band is the fact that the weight is not coming back on, and I do not plan for it to ever come back on. With diets in the past, I would lose then the weight would always come back on. I love my band. I am need of another fill and plan to make an appointment when the office opens back up on Monday.

Allie, I know there is no better feeling than coming home to a clean house. When my house is clean, I'm happy. My four year old and I just finished putting up the last of the Christams decorations and I feel sooooo good!

It is a nice day here today so as soon as my 2 year old gets up from her nap we are going outside to ride bikes. Well, let me be honest....Avery will ride her bike, Brenn will ride her tricycle and I will walk. Who know, I may even break into a jog. Avery and I jogged back from the mailbox at my dads house the other day and it is atleast a 1/4 of a mile. I have so much more energy and I looove it!!!!!

Best wishes and Blessings,

Yeah it is good to have gotten through the holiday and have lost 7 lbs. I went and got a fill on the 17th of December which really made me cut back on eating. I guess I cheated but hey isn't that what the band is for?

anyhow, I met my cousin and two of her children for lunch today. When we arrived to the restaurant, my cousin said to her adult children. Susan doesn't order anything, she will have a tablespoon or piece of what each of us orders. She and I went on vacation together in August and we discovered that there really was enough for both of us, so we started ordering one meal and she would give a few morsels. It works really well. I pay for my drink.

Just thought I'd share, maybe you had to be there!

Apples, take me to Florida with you!!! My goal in about 10 years is to become a snowbird and go to Florida every winter and then come back in the spring. :-)

Strike: what about a pair black boots that come to just under the knee. I love that look and it never goes out of style. Just a thought

Livin, thats a great idea! I will have to check that out next time I go shoe shoppin'. Usually, tho, my calves are too big to get high boots on. But I do like that look and maybe now they will fit.

Welcome back, Allie. Hope all you Junies have had a great holiday. Now its time for me at least to buckle down and get back on track. I didn't do too badly tho, I even lost another lb the other day. Soooooon I can say I lost 40! My next goal is to get to the 50 lb lost mark. My treat for when that happens is to go get my hair frosted and pampered with a new do! I am shooting for Valentines day for that. I go for another fill on the 20th, maybe that will help me cut back just a tad more.

Luv ya, Junies!

Strike...hope your next fill does what it needs to for you. Great that you didn't gain over the holidays.

Livin'-our original plan was to take 2 months for FL vacation. Long story but our son moved from FL to GA and will go there a visit also. Decided that next year and continuing years will be for most of the winter. Just not sure if it will be in FL or other states. Don't want to commit to being in one place. Thinking of the motorhome thing for future years. That way we can go wherever we want.

No plans for the weekend. Another winter blizzard warning out for tomorrow and Sunday. This is our fourth weekend in a row with storms. Needless to say, we are ready to head south.

Good evening. We had a glorious 63 degrees today. But it's not lasting, we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow. One thing about Colorado weather, it changes quickly. Which is a good thing when it's yucky and soon going to be nice, but not as good when it is nice and going to turn yucky.

All your gals talk about losing over the holidays had me check my calendar where I record my weigh ins. I feel better. I lost 4 1/2 lbs from Thanksgiving til New years. While it's my smallest loss in a month since banding, it is still a loss. Every other year I'd have gained at least 5 but more like 10 in that time. And I am not gorging this weekend knowing I am going to start my New Year's resolution to 'lose 100 lbs' on Monday. Woo HOO!!

Hi all, I see I am the night owl :tongue2: I am sorry that so many of you are having all the snow storms. We have been almost like spring, kind of weird, north half freezing, southern half spring time. I wish it would snow just a little but we always just end up with ice.

Strike - I agree with the others, a pair of boots would look great and slimming too.

Cathychatt - we have the same anniversary :)

livn (love your name by the way) what about the daily plate? Is it on the site? I have been keeping up with my eating. For real this time, I use to fudge on all my WW or other stuff. I don't know why?? afraid someone else would see I guess. I finally realized that I have to be accountable to ME!!

I was in Baltimore once for a Beth Moore seminar/taping. I love that city and the crab cakes are to die for

Lucy - I am an Arkie also, we live almost as far southwest as you can go without getting into LA. Texarkana just closest big city, and where I was banded. Go Hogs!!!

I am so glad that I found this site, I think I looked at it, when I first got on, but got busy with life and didn't get on for a long time. I missed out on all the good advice that would have helped me so much. Now, Thank GOD, I can get back where I should be.

God Bless,

addy

Edited by addy
left out a line

Good Morning Junies!

It is so great to see some new faces! I woke up this morning to a major shock! I got on the scale and I was up 3 friggin pounds! This is the first time I had such a huge swing. The weird part is that now I just want to eat eat eat.. I know it's probably Water retention but jeez! So I am going to go to the gym today.. I did my wii yesterday ( I got the new wii outdoor challenge which is fun, it's like the wii fit excercizes the fun ones..) But I did eat 3 lindt chocolate balls.. :thumbup::mad:

Lucy where are you from? We are blanketed in snow again here in South Eastern Connecticut.. I am so sick of snow. I want spring so I can go kayaking and hiking and all the fun outdoor sports.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.. I am off to throw the rest of the lindt balls away.. :thumbup:

I finally showed a loss today and that is in addition to what I gained over Christmas. WOO HOO!! 92.7 now. Close enough for me to call it 93!! 7 more til 100!! I also did my measurements which I usually do on the 5th which is the date of the month I had surgery. I lost about an inch everywhere as well, my biggest loss in inches in a few months. My biggest losses are in my hips and waist. I lost 9 in my waist since surgery and 11.5 in my hips.

So far our snowstorm hasn't shown up but I think they said about noon. HOpe hubby gets home before it gets bad, he's been out of town til today and is driving back from NE. Can't wait to tell him about my loss too.

Allie, who's that in your new pic with you? Nice photo! Have you tossed the Lindt balls? I've never had one, doesn't sound like I should get the taste of one. I am sure your gain is Water and soon you will be down that plus some. Do you have any plans to Celebrate your 100th pound?

No more shopping for me yesterday, I'm trying to be good. I truly don't need anymore clothes for right now, but are those deals every tempting!

Hey Long,

I did throw the lindt balls away. :thumbup: I really don't have any plans for the 100 pound celebration. I just really can't even believe I am so close. Isn't it amazing that in 6 months we have almost lost 100 pounds? I sometimes just freak out..lol I really love how I look now and feel comfortable in my own skin. Even if i didn't lose another pound this has been the best thing ever! I am healthier, happier, sexier and more confidant than I have been in years!

My pic is of my 17 year old daughter kelsey on left, me in middle and my 16 year old daughter jenna on right. We are very excited around here. My daughter applied to 7 colleges and have so far gotten into all that have sent letters. She still has three left but so far so good.

Have fun and stay warm!

Allie, Beautiful daughters, for some reason I thought you had little daughters, they are about grown up. You started young too. I was married at 20 and had my kids at 23 & 24. So they are 25 & 27 now. I know I am amazed at what I've lost, of course, I knew it was possible for others to lose that much but never thought I would. And, of course, there's nothing about major surgery to lose weight (in my case twice if you count the gall bladder) but after that, it hasn't been as difficult as I expected. Granted it's a huge lifestyle change, the head hunger gets tough at times, but I expected it to be much harder. I am so grateful every day for my band and my husband's support in me getting it. I was self pay so his support was critical in putting out that kind of money for surgery. I just pray it lasts. I get panicked once in awhile that it's not real, it will come back, my band will slip, etc. etc. etc.

Okay, now I am feeling really old. I just opened a new checking account and I qualified for a senior account. UGH!!! Actually this bank said you had to be 55, but the bank inside Walmart's qualifications were only 50 so when I mentioned that to them, they approved me for the 55 and over account. (less fees, free checks, etc.). My first senior discount. :thumbup::scared2::thumbup:

Hello everyone,

I am in central Arkansas about 45 miles west of Little Rock. So Allie, I see you are in the very corner. I can't say that I have ever been to Texarkana. I did go to Dallas a few years ago but slept most of the trip. So I don't know if we went through Texarkana or not.

It is another lovely day here today. So me and DH and the kiddos got outside we walked about 1/2 mile before we had to turn around, due to my 2 year old wanting to get out of the wagon and run around. I feel really good today so I will get on my ellipitical in a bit.

I am so ready to go back to work on Monday.

Bless you all,

lucy

lol long.. I'm not sure to say I'm sorry or congrats on the senior thing..lol.. My babies are no longer babies.. I am 38 now and had them when I was 21 and 22. I can't believe they will both be in college when I turn 40! They both started kindergarten when they were 4.

Lucy.. I was a little confused, then I saw your next post.. LOL..

So just to let everyone know.. wine has calories..lol.. I have been indulging in 2-4 glasses of wine every night while I have been on vacation and thought.. I wonder how many calories that is.. well.. I was drinking double my caloric intake for the day!!! So tonight was my last night of indulging.. back to work on monday.. Sober! LOL..