Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI i was banded on the 27th, all has been pretty well except i have had some seriously bad pain in the left side. around where the largest inscision is, above and below it. Rest of the tummy is just fine no other problems, but this hurts to get up and move, i can of course but wow its a constant pain. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and when i can hope for it to go away. I am not taking any pain meds, most everything makes me sick, but today i think im gonna try some tylenol.:thumbs_up:

My port site hurt for about 3 weeks, and I thought thatI was going to be deformed cause it was so lumpy there. Now it is almost gone and the site rarely hurts now. Be patient and it will get better!

My port site hurt for about 3 weeks, and I thought thatI was going to be deformed cause it was so lumpy there. Now it is almost gone and the site rarely hurts now. Be patient and it will get better! The more you move the sooner you will get better at this point. To begin with it is better to keep that place stable. I would hold it when I got up and down to keep the pressure off.

Good luck!

I agree with Cathy! I'm almost 4 weeks out and I have no pain whatsoever...but the first 2 weeks were hell!!! Had to have hubby or anyone else around help me up. It really does take a good couple of weeks to feel completely normal and pain free again. Hang in there, you'll make it!! Try taking some tylenol, I hear it works for many!

When I got back to the park and started walking again I REALLY felt my port!! I took Jr. strength melt away tylenol (so much better then the liquid ibuprofen they gave me)

And I tried to turn over weird in bed while I was sleeping once and was SORE for 2 days from that...

It should do better... rest those muscles and support them is all we can do...

Do not even feel it now though, I am willing to bet at 6 weeks when I get released to do "normal" exercise and start trying to "jog" and do some abdominal I will rediscover it!!

Heat will help with the ache too... heating pad or rice bag ... or puppy on lap :wink_smile:

I am very sad to read that some of you suffered for almost 2-3 weeks with this awful pain in the port area. It bothers me so much, if it wasn't that I would feel great. I have the hardest time getting to sleep because it is even more uncomfortable when I lay down, even when I support myself with pillows. I am also not sure if I get gas when I lay down? Any thoughts of gas pains? Has anyone found a good way to sleep? Time for my ZZZZZZZZs hopefully I am so tired from last night I will have no problem sleeping tonight.