Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey protein powder that tastes good?

I picked up a bag of whey Protein powder from the HEB organics bin section, and it tastes and smells AWFUL in anything I put it in. Granted its the plain one, got that one thinking I could put it in anything... WRONG!

Is there one that tastes and smells good?

Hey I did that too from HEB and well I put it in the trash. Again I use one product and it works for me you can mix it with Water or milk like if I chose milk it is fat free. I use Syntrex nectar in the chocolate truffel with fat free milk Water is not too bad but the milk it is better and it satisfies me too. I feel like I am cheating when I drink it for to me it tastes like nestle qucik but that is my opion. Youc an get this from the viatimin shoppe, Drug Epporium and on line I order from a place called www.BestPriceNutrition.com and it is a bit cheaper. I don't trust the other Whey products out tehre, they can cost big bucks.

Hey there, i found the best Protein ever - BSN Syntha-6, 2.91 Lbs., vanilla Ice Cream. They have other flavors like strawberry, Cookies and cream, but the vanilla is definitely my favorite. I got the website and name from a bodybuilder trainer in FLA, and it is deliscious. My boys drink it and i cant keep enough of it in the house. I mix it alone or with Hood Calorie countdown milk product and a tsp of instant coffee, with ice cubes for a great coffee slushie.

Oh the website is bodybuilding.com and they make great protein!

Hope that helps :tt2:

Sharon, based on your rec I bought a cannister of choc truffle and found it quite good. I also bought a cannister of the fuzzy navel and that is very good also and since it is only made with Water it is fairly lo-cal at 90 cal per scoop. Thanks for posting your finds.

Mimi

The only shake type that I've found so far that I like is the Slim Fast Low Carb chocolate. The vanilla one gets too sweet after a bit although it's not bad.

bipro (google it) has a Whey Protein Isolate that you can add a scoop of to anything. Has 20 grams of Protein, 80 calories and I've put it in broth, juice, boosted the shakes and put it in milkshakes and other stuff. You don't taste or smell a difference. The only thing you have to remember is to not put it in something too hot, it curdles and that's just disgusting!

The IDS New Whey "Bullets" can be purchased at GNC and The Vitamin Shop. Also on line. Comes in 4 fruity flavors and in 2 strengths. Good especially for clear liquid stage of diet to provide Protein for healing or when not really hungry but needing your protein serving. Each is about 3.1 ounces.

Mimi

I picked up a bag of whey Protein powder from the HEB organics bin section, and it tastes and smells AWFUL in anything I put it in. Granted its the plain one, got that one thinking I could put it in anything... WRONG!

Is there one that tastes and smells good?

I have to agree with you on that one. I have been using a product called nectar made my Syntrex and most is not too bad at all. I enjoy both the vanilla bean and the chocolate truffel. Go to www.bestpricenutrician.com and check it out this is where I order mine from.:)