Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI

Well,I am 11 days post-op and I feel very good.I am also eating and adjusting to that......

Only one question.

Is this terrible pain that I get in my back (after been on my feet for say an hour.....)normal? It is like period pains but higher in my back....also deep in my stomach.......but from my back....if this make any sense..... please just say stop whinning if this is normal.........

Thanks

Got it, had it, anyway, and it DOES get better.

What I thought it was, was pain from the inside, from disecting the area to place the band. It's like being sore from the inside where you can't really fell it, but you do!

Maybe a little liquid tylenol would help, but I let myself feel it, so I could tell I was healing. It reminded me to watch what I ate, and keep it liquidy until the area healed. The day after eating a regular meal, a small amount, very well chewed and tiny bites...anyway, I was sore! Just like you described. So I let that tell me to hold back on eating mushies until I was no longer sore.

It's as if you eat somethng that makes your stomach churn too much and you get sore. I didn't notice that it was worse when standing for an hour or more, but the discomfort you describe is very similar.

Hope that helps.

I was banded April 21 and I'm having a pain that feels like a side ache. Also when I feel beneath my port it feels like a lump or something swollen inside me. Wahts going on with this??? Thanks

SlimmerSue, I had the exact pains you are describing and I went to the sporting goods store and bought a waist trimmer (it is a binder for your waist made out of neoprene). I wore it for a day and the pain in my side went away. Me and my husband both have the lump at the port incision. I think it is normal and will go away.

hi

I dont want to sound like I just complaining.........but......

I still have a lot of pain in my left side.Can I just take pain meds for this?Is this normal to have that much pain and discomfort.It is not directly on the port it is more to the left and higher up on the side of my ribcage........will this go away?

The second thing is that I have been having severe indigestion.It is like a shooting pain up in my esophagus and it ends almost in my jaw......(sounds so strange again....)It feels like a spasm and it comes and goes without provocation.......when Im not eating,or when Im eating,when stomach empty or full.......maalox or gaviscon does not help for this....

On top of all this, I am not really losing any significant weight.I am below 1000 calories most days.I am carefully checking what I eat.I dont overeat.I dont snack.I just dont know what to do.......tomorrow I am 4 weeks out and I have only lost about 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks.....slower than ever before....nothing to make all this worth it....I walk every second day for 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I am having a really tough time understanding why everyone else seems to be carrying on with there life after 4 weeks as if nothing has happened and I still have times when I just have to lie down because of the severe discomfort I am experiencing.

I was banded by dr De Bruyne in Dubai and the follow-up dr is a local and not very forthcoming about anything.He just recons nothing can be wrong because he saw exactly what was done in theatre.

I havent been taking anything for pain for the past 2 weeks but maybe I just should?

I have never had any operations before so I dont have any Idea how long recovery should take and what is normal and what not?

Please just inform me before I drive myself and my family insane.Everyone says I have become a hermit because I just cannot go out for long,I just get to uncomfortable..

O,and I am a RN and by now,after reading how well everyone else is doing,scared to death that this is not going to work for me....

Thanks for being able to have somewhere to ask these questions!!!!!!

I too had this terriable pain in the left side! Worse than child birth I would say! I am good with pain, but this SUCKED! It brought me to my knees and had me doubled over. I was sure that there was something wrong. I went to my surgeon, he did a complete exam, and said..."Its nothing"....WHAT! I never knew nothing could hurt sooo bad. He said it was just everything coming back together from the surgery...stuff healing and regenerating.....muscles, fibers, tissue......I dont know about you guys, but I have a small incision on my left hand side too...right above my hip bone I guess...(been so long since I felt my bones :( ) Sooo I was sure that something was gonna fall out! But nope.......My dr said take liquid Motrin for a couple of days, it wont hurt the band and you will be okay...Motrin over an extended period of time will though....... Wouldn't cha know it...two days after my dr visit, I feel fine!! GO FIGURE!!

Hey mom, I too had that same pain!! After a dose of liquid tylenol, it was tons better!!!

My Dr. sais the same thing as Porc, it is just our bodies healing. The reason it is worse on the left is because that is where they had to do the most work, inserting the band and getting the port in place. Just take it easy for a day, take your pain med and it will feel better.

As far as the slowweight loss....I am also discouraged!! I keep reading about all the other bandsters who are loosing double what I have....I just hope that after my first fill I start to see the other side of 200....

Let us know how you are doing!!

Okay, I lost 15lbs the first 12 days and haven't moved since. I am almost 7 weeks post-op. I'm not discouraged yet, I have all the time in the world, as long as I'm not gaining. I'll lose it. I need time to adjust to banded life. I'm gonna give myself a minute or two!! I'll lose the weight. My resolve will kick in and I'll be fine. Actually, it already kicked in on the eating. I did great eating yesterday and was down to 207 this am. Little here, little there, it all adds up!

Also Desert, maybe switch from an antacid to a heartburn/reflux type med. Sounds like you have some reflux stuff going on? Zantac, Prilosec, Pepcid, and the like? Try taking one of those twice a day (am and bedtime) and see if that helps your esophogus discomfort. Esophogitis is very uncomfortable at best, and don't let reflux ruin your recovery!!

I am about 2 weeks behind on the recovery of everyone else. I compare how I feel to people banded about 2 weeks after me. Seem to be relating there a bit more. Just figure out where YOU are and compare that way. It helps and you get less discouraged. We all heal differently and at different rates. Oh well. Chin up, girl, you will get through and be normal again!

Hey Mom, I had my surgery a couple of days before you and sometimes I get cramp pain in my left side. It is usually when I am over exerting myself. I have been stuck at the same weight for over a week now. The doctor told me it is time for a fill since the swelling has gone down on my stomach. I am going for a fill on June 1st. You may ask your doctor if he thinks it is time for you to get a fill. I'll let you know if this helps to get my weightloss back in the right direction.