Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:confused2:hi,i want very much to have the lapband .but my doctor does not believe in losing weight the easy way(doctor calls it ).she always tell me how to eat and exercise or walk.over the pass 6 mos. i loss 9lbs. but seem to be gaining it back.i,m 45,5'5" and weight 270lbs..with bad knee,have had 2 surgery on my knee.my doc.say if i lose weight that would take some of my knee problem away.but it hard.i really want to find a doctor who can help me with this.my family doctor said no,my knee doc said it would be the best thing to do.my insurance may pay if the doctor say it is med. needed.some advice please....monalis in philly

i dont tyhink losing weight on lap band is easy way.u still have to do what he says work at it,tg im waiting to hear when my date will be gl,dont give up

honestly maybe you should look for another dr. it doesnt sound like your dr has your best interest cause if she did she would see that the surgery is medically necessary in your case. You have tried and can not accomplish it on your own. keep us posted

Sounds like my old doc. There were more reasons then just weight loss surgery though that I found another doctor and I so far am not regretting it. Don't know that the new one will one approve surgery either yet. But in the last month I have been very impressed with his office and him.

So for the rest of my medical problems its been a good thing I changed doctors. Will have to see about the band though. Don't wait a year to try and convince your current doctor like I did. Bring it up again with them and if they still claim its the *easy way out* go find you another one.

Cause losing with the band s NOT Easy. It's still allot of work.

Change drs ASAP. You know your body better than anyone else. Lapband is NOT the easy way out and shame on her for not trying to encourage your decisions to better your life. Get to finding a new dr. You could try putting your foot down and say look either you work with me and help me or I will simply find a dr who will. It may change her mind??

I would explain to your doctor that you pay the bill to see her and your asking for her help with weightloss and if she can't see beyoud the excersise, eat less thing I'd find a new doctor ASAP-

Losing weight via the lap band is not easy and if she was an informed doctor she would know there is a process before and after the surgery that must be followed in order for it to work.

its very sad when doctors are not informed on a process that can help the health of a patient.