Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inspiration Please!

My surgery is scheduled on July 7 with Dr. Kim in Celevbration, FL. I am scared but at the same time I am so excited. I have been on clears for 6 days now, and I feel proud becasue I've never done anytinig like this before. It is getting easier and I'm able to be more active than I was on days 1-4. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Please let me know why you are glad you had lpa band surgery. Many thanks.:)

I haven't been banded yet, but I just wanted to comment on what an inspiration you are for sticking to the clear liquid diet!!! Most people have a really, really, REALLY hard time with it and I think it's great you've come this far.

I understand the nervousness, I'm currently waiting on my insurance approval and I'm already nervous about surgery.

You're doing the right thing, and you should be proud that you're taking steps to improve your life. :)

There are many amazing success stories on these boards that I'm sure will give you the inspiration you need. The "Before & After pics" thread is really cool, whenever I'm feeling unsure I just go take a look over there. :redface:

How exciting!! Im so happy for you!! I know i never thought i could go a few days on clear liquids til i had a c-section a month ago and they wouldnt let me eat!! But i lived LOL So i know i can do it come surgery time!! What liquids are you able to have?? Im so excitied for you!! I plan on having surgery as soon as they let me, due to just having the c-section... my consult appt is next week... Good luck!!

Slim1:

I just wanted to tell you that I was banded 11 months ago. I've lost 138 pounds in the last 14 months. I feel and look like a new person.

So, you go - do that liquid pre-op, and the liquid post-op, and then mushies. If you are having a difficult time with it, go on this website and look at the before & after photo's. They're very inspirational.

Best wishes to you for your successful lap band journey.

Sue

Slim1,

Stay strong and imagine a new you very, VERY soon. I am now 8 months post surgery and have lost 55 pounds. I went from a size 18/20W and am now a size 12P (usually cut about 1/2 size smaller than a regular 12). Those are the 'statistics' but here are some of the REAL reasons I am happy I had the surgery...

• I am no longer obsessed with food. My hunger was a TRUE HONEST TO GOODNESS "Can't be satisfied" hunger. I was NOT an emotional eater, but a girl who was hungry. I am NO LONGER hungry all of the time. For instance, we went to a late Breakfast at noon today. Back in the day, I would have been FAMISHED and SUPER CRABBY waiting that long. But I was not even super hungry... I ordered a spinach quiche. She asked if I wanted hashbrowns. I said NO because I DIDN'T WANT THEM. I have HALF of the quiche and was satisfied. Because I'd gotten the special, they gave me a rice pudding for dessert. I asked to have it boxed up to take HOME. It is now 5:20 pm. I just pulled out my rice pudding for a snack... I'll eat that, and the other half of my quiche for dinner and that will be IT. And I will be satisfied. Back in the day, I would've eaten that all in one sitting, PLUS hashbrowns and would've been hungry a couple hours later.
  • I am a foodie. I appreciate foods more. I enjoy textures, tastes, etc. I eat and enjoy; I no longer eat to fill.
  • I am MUCH more health conscious. We've switch our household to mainly organic WHOLE foods. We eat better now, because we know better.
  • I buy clothes in the RIGHT SIZE, and not a size or two smaller and pour myself into them just so I don't have to go up a size. I buy clothes in the REGULAR PETITE section. I can't shop at Lane Bryant cause NOTHING WOULD FIT!
  • I run after my kids and LOVE playing.
  • I can ride roller coasters without fear of being not being able to ride them from size limitations.
  • I LOVE BEING OUTSIDE... and I LOVE GOING TO THE BEACH.
  • Sex is better. TRUST ME! :)

You won't recognize yourself in a few months. Not just physically, but mentally too. Hang in there!

best decision i have made in my entire life.. and would do it again in a heart beat... if for some reason i had a complication and had to have it removed i would let myself heal and do it all over again...

I have lost 96lbs to date and am very pleased with the results!!!

The band has gave me more confidence and better health!!

I am blown away that each of you took the time to help me. I found each of your posts to be very inspiring and they helped me get through another clear-lliquid day. You are the BEST! Thank you.

My surgery is scheduled on July 7 with Dr. Kim in Celevbration, FL. I am scared but at the same time I am so excited. I have been on clears for 6 days now, and I feel proud becasue I've never done anytinig like this before. It is getting easier and I'm able to be more active than I was on days 1-4. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Please let me know why you are glad you had lpa band surgery. Many thanks.:lol:

I am glad I had lapband surgery. I had my surgery on April 17th, 2008. I have lost 40 pounds and had only 1 small fill. I am scheduled for another fill on July 16th. This is the best thing I have done for myself in years....

Jean

I had my surgery yesterday and was scared to death. Lots of emotions were running through me and I wondered if I was doing the right thing.

I am feeling pretty good right now, although, a little sore and gassy. My Gas-X strips sure are helping me. They also gave me phenergan and lortab, but I have been using rapid release liquid tylenol except for when I am having trouble sleeping. I don't want to be doped up all the time and I hate the way lortab makes my head feel.

Good luck to all those waiting to be banded and those recently banded. We are all in this together.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

That is wonderful!! Thanks for the encouragement. I needed that. I hope to be able to say that when I am that far post op.

Jean:thumbup:

Hi Slim, you are almost there! Congrats on being banded. I have been banded 2 years and am 20 lbs from goal. Good luck to you!