Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Thanks all of you for the advise. I am really getting into this working out thing. It was my off dayfrom running so I spent 30 minutes onthe stationary bike this morning, then this afternoon my hubby invited me to go to the gym with him so I did 30 on the treadmill and another 30 on the bicycle. That is 1:30 total for the day. A year ago that would havebeen my exercise for an entire month,not a day. I hope this amount of activity gets me weight lossstarted back up. I am at a plateau that I just can't seem to break. Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement. You all are wonderful!! Take care

Okay, so I went to the gym, and I couldn't stand it.....I ran.

I did another day of week 3. It went really good. Finished the whole thing this time. I feel soooo good! I needed a really good workout!

FANTASTIC GG!!!

i think of all the threads here on LBT - this one has a collective soul that's inspiring / raw & real. cheers~~

I'm feeling so out of the loop on everyone's progress with running. I do not have the energy to go back and read everything so I just wanted to say great job everyone. Renewed - I think you have become leader of the pack!:cursing: I'm not sure where I will start back in the program once hubby is doing better and my hip isn't hurting anymore. The hip is definately getting a break which it probably needed anyway. All I know is I WANT TO RUN! I really really want to run! It seems so crazy that I would say that, but it's true. I want to be able to come here and tell everyone that I am progressing just like all of you are.

DH had a better day today. Still having some pain but they are giving him morphine so it is tolerable. They took the catheter out today and I swear that he would have done a cartwheel if he were able. hahah He hoped that he would get to come home tomorrow but I am doubtful. They fitted him for a brace and it hasn't even arrived yet. I miss him and all his silly jokes and remote control hogging.

FANTASTIC GG!!!

i think of all the threads here on LBT - this one has a collective soul that's inspiring / raw & real. cheers~~

I agree Luluc. I love this thread.

WAY TO GO GEORGIA!!!!! You are awesome.

I did good with food choices until tonight. Our foster kids are leaving on Tuesday, so I took our 4 year old girl out for a girl night. The other 2 are too little to understand, but she knows she is leaving and is really doing well. We have both cried, but she is going to be fine. Anyway, we ate Chinese food and then went to Hastings for hot chocolate and shared a brownie. We sat in the floor and read girlie books for over an hour. Then we ate Gummy bears. So, needless to say, my calories went over for the day. But you know, I don't feel bad about it at all. Hannah and I had a WONDERFUL time. I will always remember our special girl night, when calories just didn't matter. I sure am going to miss my little guys.

Thanks everyone! I feel soooo revived!

Jeannie~ 1&1/2 hours is fantastic! WTG!!

Mamato~ Sending you BIG hugs! Sorry ya'll are having such a rough time. I'm glad your hubby felt better today though. Maybe he'll get to come home soon. Take care and keep us updated.

Renewed~ Aww, the special girls night out sounded like sooo much fun. I'm soooo glad ya'll had a good time. You're right not to worry about your calories. If I know you (and I think I do, lol) you will back on track tomorrow and hitting it hard. What a wonderful memory for both of you. Sending you BIG hugs too!

Georgia... WTG!!! I'm so glad you were able to run today. I'm crossing my fingers for your knee tomorrow!!! Thanks for the comments!

I had a tough day... I got the big time stress eating munchies and downed a bowl of ice cream and some "healthy" Cookies. But, again... my band saved me! I love my band. In the past, it would have been a full on binge that wouldn't have stopped there... it would have gone on and on. Today, when I logged everything on TDP, it still was within my calorie goals! Now I know its out of my system and tomorrow I'll be fine!

Goodnight everyone, and keep up the great work!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Morning everyone.

I ran this morning. It felt so good! My MP3 Player is still not working right. It is four years old - I think it's time for an upgrade. I had to borrow Jeannie's (thanks girl!). I didn't sweat nearly as bad and it wasn't too bad. It is getting easier - which I never thought I'd say. Next week (Week 4) I may be eating my words. I am getting more excited as the 5K gets closer in November. I may actually be able to run most of it! WOW!!!???!!!

Renewed - it sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time. Your post made me cry. I can't imagine what you may be going through right now. I'm glad you are enjoying your time together. Sounds like the calories were more than worth it!

Kathy - I had three days like that - in a row. Today is a new day...I'm so glad for my band. If I didn't have it I'm sure I'd still be down and out. It kept me from truly binging.

Mama - I'm glad to hear DH is getting better. Those catheters suck! He'll be home before you know it...then you'll wish he was back at the hospital. Whatever you do - don't buy a bell! DH had one when he had surgery in January - I had to hide it! He drove me nutz!! Hang in there ((hugs)).

I am happy to report that my knee is fine today. It's a little stiff, but that's it. This is the first time I haven't been in pain the day after a run since my injury. I'm excited and hopeful that I can run tomorrow.

Everyone is doing great!!

Excellent news Georgia!

Well, I'm going for my next attempt at 20 min! I'm going to eat some lunch, then go at it again. This time, my head is telling me that 20 min is my mark... not 13, not 15... 20! Mind over matter! LOL

Way to go Georgia! I see you're back in it again. Renewed, glad that things are going well with the kids' transition. You seem like a great mom. Luluc you are my Hero! I'm finishing up week 3 today. I've done pretty good all week with the run. I usually get pretty anxious on Friday knowing that on Monday morning I have a bigger expectation of a longer jog time. But, this week I'm not gonna stress over it cause I CAN DO IT! (i think)

Tootie... WTG on week 3! You'll do great on week 4! Keep it up.

I did my run, and unfortunately today was "matter over mind". My body just couldn't do it! About 1 min into my run, I knew I didn't have the energy to sustain it. Despite eating the right foods ahead of time... I had the nutrition, just my body is weak right now (TOM).

I pushed myself to do 5 min run, 1 min walk, 5 min run, then struggled through the rest to finish a 30 min session. I ran a total of 14 min, so still pretty good when compared to last year pre-band (LOL)! I think I'm going to give my body the weekend to rest and go back to the start of week 5, rather than trying to keep going for the 20 min run.

I picked up my packed for the Triathlon tomorrow...im number 12 in the first wave. I cant wait.

Luluc: YOu rock! Get your pics up soon!

Renewd: I Heart Gummy Bears

GeorgiaGirl: In not really a LITTLE running hero but thanks!!!!!!

Do any of you do strength training? If so, what do you do, how often, etc. Are there any website resources you can recommend?

I don't have a gym membership, so will have to do stuff at home. But I want to start because I think it will help build my strength and tone me more. I have an exercise ball, bands (big elastics with handles), hand weights and a bar.

Any advice???

Whosya... Ok... here's your cheering section! YEAH!!! Make sure you post YOUR pictures you hunk! LOL, my DH would kill me for that one!