Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

You have nice arms. I still won't go sleeveless though I do short sleeves.

Here's my red dress, and the dress my DH gave me for Mother's Day...

HOT MAMA!!! You look GREAT! Both dresses are beautiful. You look so young and hip in the ruffly dress. Congrats on your success...you look beautiful!

You look outstanding kathy. Good for you. I am just starting to go sleeveless too. You have nice arms. Mine are a little floppy.

Thanks Ladies! I don't love my arms, still big, but I don't hate them either. I did wear a shall when I wore the red dress, but stopped wearing it halfway through the evening and felt great.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

DE... congrats on registering... good luck on your run. Is Memorial Day next weekend?? I think you guys have the same long weekend as we do in Canada, we just call it Victoria Day.

Thanks!

It's actually not for 2 more weekends, the 25th.

Hey everyone! DH and I went to the gym this afternoon and I got a run in. My back is doing pretty good so far. I ran really slow and took it much easier than normal. I ran 2.2 miles....YIPEE! I'm so glad to be moving again!

YAY!!

Are only of you on Facebook? If you are add me to your friend list. ")

I am, Lacey Buchorn. ANyone can add me, just be sure to tell me where you are from ;).

Here's my red dress, and the dress my DH gave me for Mother's Day...

Hot mama!!

I had an interesting running experience last nite. my new mp3 hasnt been synced properly yet...still learning it. so i wasnt able to use it for my run. The nano was out of juice so i wasnt able to use it either. since i was still undecided about intervals vs. the 25 min run that was scheduled, i did my own thing. I did 1/4 mile (a bit over 5 mins) of a walk, followed by a 1/2 mile run then another 1/4 mile walk, and repeated the 1/2 mile run. I finished with a final .4 mile walk to cool down. it was interesting to learn that i could run "under my own steam" without the music as a distractor and motivator. When i run tomorrow nite im hoping to have the new player synced finally, but was quite proud of myself for what i did. my first impulse was 'its almost 10 pm and i have no tunes...I'll just blow it off another day' but i sucked it up and did what i did. Yay for me. I felt good after, but not sure i did enough. but MUCH better than blowing it off!

Thanks for reading.

TC,

Carol

Carol... Good for you!!!! Everytime you make that choice to NOT give up, you've made such an excellent choice!

I've got to run tonight, so if I come back on and haven't reported a run... feel free to "motivate me"!! LOL.

I usually run on Tues. but I have a meeting tomorrow. So I ran today on the treadmill. I haven't been inside a gym in ages ... I've been doing everything outdoors. I was able to run for about 55 min. at 5.3. It did get harder as I went on but I really want to up my pace so I wouldn't back down.

Hey Everyone!

Well, I did my 5k and finished in 36 mins. I'm pretty happy with that. I also just found out that my work is having a picinc on Thursday and there is a 5k there! I've already signed up! Yay!

One question, I ran the 5k on Sat, then ran 3 miles last night and was planning to run W and Fri, but with the 5K on Thursday I have to change gears. Should I run tonight and rest tomorrow night or rest from now until Thursday?

I'm having surgery on my foot on Tuesday. Doc said no running for 6 weeks after that. I'm so bummed. I am signed up for another 5k in Oct. though, I'll have to do C25K all over again.

I'd like to run a 1/2 marathon by next fall. Loong goal, I know, but with the surgery, I figured I'll try for 10K next year and then the 1/2 marathon.

DE - good luck on your race!

Lacey - I sympathize with the cast. I'm having surgery next Tuesday. About the knee wheely thingy. Did you have to buy that outright or get a prescription for it?

GA - Hope your back is treating you OK.

Mac - Thanks! A coworker wants me to do a team triathalon next year, but she wants me to run and her swim and bike. I have to take some swim lessons before I could do that part myself. LOL I can dog paddle and float and play, but can't really swim.

Carol - hope you get back on track.

Kathy - NICE DRESS! You look great!

Renewed - Hope you'll be reporting that your back on your program soon!

I love this thread! You guys are the BEST!

Thanks Suzanne, I'm pretty much back on track. Have my DS's nano recharged and will use that till my new one is synced right with the podrunner series. Id do the restructured schedule because Whosya always says to taper b4 a big race. and since u already did so much this week, rest and recooperate...and Woo Hoo! WTG! on the 5k on the weekend. 36 mins is awesome.

Mac...WTG! I'm psyched for u.

Planning to run tonite! still not sure about repeating week 6 from the beginning due to not running last week from my tummy and neck issues. Or just do the 25 min run for W6D3??? Any takers for opinions?

TC,

Carol

Thanks Carol. You know, for tonight, why don't you just go for it and if you just can't run another step, just switch over to walk/run.

25 minutes kicked my a$$...i did it, though. was shaky and a bit light headed after the cooldown. may have to do it again to get better at it.it came out to 1.6 miles. next time i'll aim for 1.75 miles in that timeframe.

TC

Carol

WTG Carol!!

The weather here was soooo nice and cool this afternoon, so I decided to run outside. I know, not the best idea considering my track record right? It went well though. I didn't fall or even stumble, lol. I forgot how different it was to run outside. Much harder with the hills. Anyway, I won't do that very often because it is usually sooooo hot here.

The weather is warming up and I am getting motivated again! I did a 5 mile bike ride on Sunday, ran for 2 miles on Monday and swam for 1/2 mile today! Ah, sweet, sweet exercise.

I really do feel better when I get movin'! I plan on running again tomorrow, need to get my stamina back up.

Hey Everyone!

Well, I did my 5k and finished in 36 mins.

I'd like to run a 1/2 marathon by next fall. Loong goal, I know, but with the surgery, I figured I'll try for 10K next year and then the 1/2 marathon.

WTG!!

I don't think a half mary is a long goal? That's what I am aiming for by spring!

The weather here was soooo nice and cool this afternoon, so I decided to run outside. I know, not the best idea considering my track record right? It went well though. I didn't fall or even stumble, lol. I forgot how different it was to run outside. Much harder with the hills. Anyway, I won't do that very often because it is usually sooooo hot here.

Yay, glad you had a good (Accident free) run. I love to run outside, but it is simply too hot here already. I ran outside last Friday morning and about died..86 degrees and 84% humidity.