Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Carol... good luck with your run tonight. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm so glad its Friday. Its been such a busy week at work, and I've started a sideline business in the evening for resume writing. For a few months I didn't even get a nibble, then I got my first client and it was like the flood gates opened and now I'm turning people away! Not like I have a lot of time anyways, but until we claw our way out of debt due to me being off work last summer (yeah it is taking more than a year to recover!!) I've got to bring in extra money somehow. So I've been burning the candle at both ends! But, I've still found time for the kids and my runs. sleep, well that's another story! LOL... my body's getting smaller, but my eyes are getting darker! I'm actually looking forward to my run tonight to clear my head and just get the stress of the week out.

I am having to take the weekend off from running. I have been lifting weights the past couple of week and I think I pulled a muscle between my neck and right shoulder blade. Yesterday I couldn't move my neck and it hurt to even breathe! Today is much better but I'm still in pain. I hope by Monday I can at least run even if I have to hold back on the weight lifting.

Everyone is still doing great!!

Georgia... feel better!

I planned to run last night but got busy and didn't. So when I got up this morning I had my coffee and then set out. My plan was to do 5k, and just around the block from my house I took a fall! :thumbdown:

I tripped on the sidewalk seam that was raised. Tried to recover and then knew I was goin' DOWN. Slow motion in my head I thought "Great... I'm going to break something and all my good work is gone!" I landed on my hands, and luckily on the soft tissue of the side of my calf, thigh and upper arm. No bones! So I sat there for a minute and was amazed that I didn't really hurt myself. Then got up, turned off my Nike+ and started to head back home... giving up!

Then I thought to myself, I'm ok, I'm not hurt... get going! So I started my run over and I did almost 6k. I felt really good the whole way. I'm a little sore and bruised now, but nothing major. I guess I'm luckey. The only real injury I sustained was to my pride! LOL.

Georgia... for a brief moment on my way down I thought of you and your tumbles!

Georgia... feel better!

I planned to run last night but got busy and didn't. So when I got up this morning I had my coffee and then set out. My plan was to do 5k, and just around the block from my house I took a fall! :thumbdown:

I tripped on the sidewalk seam that was raised. Tried to recover and then knew I was goin' DOWN. Slow motion in my head I thought "Great... I'm going to break something and all my good work is gone!" I landed on my hands, and luckily on the soft tissue of the side of my calf, thigh and upper arm. No bones! So I sat there for a minute and was amazed that I didn't really hurt myself. Then got up, turned off my Nike+ and started to head back home... giving up!

Then I thought to myself, I'm ok, I'm not hurt... get going! So I started my run over and I did almost 6k. I felt really good the whole way. I'm a little sore and bruised now, but nothing major. I guess I'm luckey. The only real injury I sustained was to my pride! LOL.

Georgia... for a brief moment on my way down I thought of you and your tumbles!

Yikes....sorry Kathy! Glad you didn't do any major damage. Hope you don't get too sore. Good for you on finishing your run! Thanks for feel better wishes! Hope you feel better too!

i just had a really cool thing happen on my run tonite... my next door neighbor, a kid of 14, who i consider to be my "other daughter" was my first running partner. u have to realize though that she is on the track team at school (middle school) and she is the only girl who does the mile on her team. she was very sweet and slowed her pace to run with me doing W6D2. i did the whole thing and it kicked my butt, but i am happy with it.

it was nice that she did that. when we were done with the interval, she went ahead and took another lap and said that the podcast was a good workout for her. i suggested she use it for building her time/endurance. i hope she does. also...i was able to talk to her while i was running which is great from what i hear. good endurance without too much strain. the kid is teaching me some good stretching positions, too.

well, tc all,

Carol

I will be glad when I am able to work out. I was banded on April 22nd. They had to modify my walking program b/c I had a bad fall last yr and spent most of the yr in a wheelchair but I fell earlier this week again so I am waiting to get fitted for a walking brace and I can't get into a pool for 3 weeks. It's discouraging but I keep looking forward to working out again. I am glad for this thread

Katie

Carol... great running moment! You're on your way!

Bella... don't push yourself too much. Keep safe and let the band work for you. In time you can begin to workout.

We took the kids and dog for a long walk today... the longest one we've done with them. We went about 5.5k, and they did it! The dog's wiped and my DD is exhausted!! But it was really good for them.

Kathy - good for you. So glad you weren't seriously injured. You're an inspiration.

Carol - way to go! DH runs with me on the weekend. He never works out at all and can still run circles around me. :unsure:

GA - I hope you're back in action this week!

I did my test run this weekend and I ran 3 miles. To add the extra .10, I would have had to run on a dangerous road, so I stopped at exactly the 3 mile point. It took me 38 minutes, so even though that isn't fast, I'm happy with it and I didn't stop or even slow my pace at all.

I'm hoping to improve my time by Sat. I'm thinking the excitement of the crowd may help me push my speed a little more.

Wish me luck!

Suzanne...great job! Good luck Saturday!

Not sure I told ya'll, but Friday I went to the chiropractor about my neck. He thinks my neck problem is muscle related rather than a spinal injury. Well, my neck is getting better each day, but I think he may have done something to my back with all the popping he did. My lower back is killing me! I've had some pain shooting down my leg too. Maybe a nerve or something? I'm going back again today and hopefully he can fix my back. Wish me luck!

GA - good luck today. Back pain is no joke for sure. I hope he can help you.

GA and Suzanne good luck to both of you for your respective things. Suzanne, you will do great at your race this weekend. Sounds like u really r ready. I'm excited for u and right behind u. 38 minutes doesnt sound slow to me... And Ga, I really hope u feel better soon.

Kathy wow, amazing. I hope i never have to experience a flaa like that, but if i do, I'm gonna make sure im ok just like you did, then hope i can pick myself up and keep on. Thanks for being such a great role model

well my wt stays stagnant. maybe im just meant to be here hovering around 180. my "directional" scale keeps staying above that stupid mark. i feel good most of the time and am really proud of my running. i need to start doing something for my upper body, but im just so into the running that i keep putting the upper body stuff off. was supposed to run tonite, but its DDs birthday and she wants to go out for pasta...ugh, so i'll do the run tomorrow instead. sounds like a salad for dinner for me tonite. Ive been getting stuck at dinner lately, so we'll see how i resolve that. and since my anniversary is wednesday, timing will work better for tomorrow anyway.

tc all and have a great week,

Carol

have a great week everyone

Carol, good luck tonight and with your run tomorrow.

Have you taken your measurements? When I started running, I didn't lose either, but I went down a full size! Now, I'm still about the same weight, but my pants are getting lose again. Hard to believe!

Just got back from the chiropractor and I am already feeling a little better. I told him that my lower (really low) back was hurting, a little to the left of my spine. He checked my hips and said that my hip was out of line, causing one leg to be slightly shorter than the other. He said something we did Friday may have triggered it. I think it's fixed now and hopefully I will be pain free in couple of days!

I have been busy, busy, busy and I need to get moving again. I just got back from the DECA Nationals, where I took 18 students. A week of no sleep, stress and some fun!

Time to get serious. It is a downpour outside, hoping it is not to bad out at my house, I want to get a good run in - it has been way too long!

Hi All, glad to see all the activity!

Georgia... I love Chiropractors! I hope the back cracking helps. I have a chronic issue with my lower back/hip area, and when its not in line, it aches a lot!

I'm out of town all week at a sales meeting. They have us in a nice resort in Niagara Falls area. We got here around 2 and the meeting was set to start at 4, so I took advantage of the free time to check out the fitness facility. I ran 3k and am so glad I did. The rest of the day involved lots of wine (Niagara is wine country) and good food! I plan to get up early and run again.