Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

II've also heard the home model bioimpedance scales are not overly accurate

Well mine sure isn't! It tells me Mini-mac, a normal-weighted 10 year old has 34% body fat!

It tells me that mine is about 40% but I think it's more like 34% based on using other, more accurate scales.

Good luck Carol! I remember being so excited before my run. I've only done 1 official race back in Sept. I was supposed to run our "resolution run" on Dec 31, but it was a blizzard, and I'm still too much of a beginner to do that! So instead of running it outside, I ran it at home on the treadmill. Not official, but worked for me. You are going to do great. Do you have a plan on how you're going to run/walk it?

MacMadam... I'd say your scale is broken! I'd like to break mine. It just keeps telling me the same weight, day after day after day. Very frustrating. I burned about 900 cals yesterday, and my weight is still the same, and I ate properly. So I better be building muscle. I don't do the bioimpedance test often, just about 1x/month.

Georgia... fingers crossed for a big loss... but if you're struggling like me, don't let it get you down!

Good luck today Renewed! I hope your revision goes well and I hope Dylan does well at the doctor.

Lyn... have a drink for me!!!!

The Dr office just called and is rescheduling my revision. My Dr has a sick baby.

We go to church with Dylan's doctor and I talked to him about Dylan's burn yesterday. He said that we are doing the right stuff and that it will heal. Burns just take a long time. I knew this, but the reassurance was, well, reassuring. :( The worst spot on the burn is starting to get smaller. It really looks better in the past 24 hours.

Welcome Carol! I love your excitemen and enthusiasm! YOu will do great on your run!!

Welcome back Mamato!! So good to hear from you. Good luck on your run today!!! I have missed you!

Ok, as for me, I am going to weigh at the Dr office today to see what my muscle/fat ratio is and how I've done since my fill. I am hoping for a good weight loss. It's been awhile since I have lost weight.

I don't know what to do about my running. Like usual, I ran and ran and ran until I can't stand the thought of getting on the treadmill to run. Why do I push myself to that point everytime!! I have got to do this running thing in moderation. I ran like 50 miles in 2 weeks, and then just quit. I can't keep up that pace and burn out. Oh, I need some balance. GRRRR.

Renewed...I'm glad Dylan's foot is going to be okay. Do you know when you are going to have your revison done yet?

Well, today I weighed and I lost......(drumroll)....3 lbs! I am very happy with that because TOM came last night, so I was a little worried about it. I hope this is the beginning of some major weight loss!

Edited by georgia girl

Good job Gerogia!!!!!

Ok i am getting the new challenge together. working hard on it.

Here is a snap shot of the last one in case ppl here are interested in joining nike plus (ok and to brag a little)

post-220194-13813138094191_thumb.jpg

Alrighty. For the team challenge i sent the invites.

Looks like this:

Georgia & Whosya

MacMadame & Renewed

ThatDEGirl, Kathy Bad and Salsa

I sent them out today. It was kinda weird how they went out so if you dont get an invite let me know asap. I did wwith your user names (except Georgia) and if it doesnt work i am going to have to send the invite with your email.

I noticed some of you didnt join LBT Frost feeling so i sent then one out again too.

Contact me asap if you didnt get you invite.

I set up an extra team too if anyone else wants to join.

Hey Whosya and all the c25k Ladies,

You know me, not one to back down from a challenge...and I've had a few (challenges), but I'd like to know more about this one b4 i decide. What i'm picking up all on my own - is that this is about running and mileage...Am i right? if i am, i'm not sure im ready for this kind of challenge since i do sprints along with my walking. If i have it wrong and i can count my walking/sprinting combo, I'd love to join the challenge if theres still space/time and enough ppl!...with wanting to be more consistant with my exercise this'd help me be more accountable.

Let me know if i'll be able to join, or if i need to wait till next time. I'm really ok with it either way. I can observe for now, but when i AM ready to join, I plan to be a fierce competetor. he he he :blush:

Carol

Edited by slinky
typos

Good job Gerogia!!!!!

Thanks!

Here is a snap shot of the last one in case ppl here are interested in joining nike plus (ok and to brag a little)

Ahh, you earned the bragging rights. Congrats!!

Carol...it's a Nike+ challenge. You have to have an ipod nano and the nike+ sports kit to participate. The nike+ sports kit is only $30, but it's only compatible with the ipod nano. The challenge is about distance....who has the most at the end of the challenge. Walking/running counts. I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about running. It really keeps me motivated!

Whosya... Congrats on the Win... you deserve bragging rights. 90+ miles in 3 weeks is huge! I've joined the team challenge and am stoked to get started! Hopefully Salsa gets her sensor so we can kick butt!!! BTW, happy birthday tomorrow!

Renewed... glad Dylan is healing up! Here's a suggestion on your all or nothing... set a schedule for the next 4 weeks. One that's challenging, but attainable, and is a schedule of run days and REST days, so that you're forced to take a break. Maybe 4 days on 1 day off. Also, rotate running inside and outside. Heck, you're in Texas, its got to be warmer than here for running outside!!!

Georgia... Congrats on the 3 lbs. You're now back on track at your 100lbs loss!!!

Carol... I'm with Georgia, the Nike+ has totally motivated me. So if you don't have one, consider getting one! It is amazing. Go to www.nikeplus.com for more info.

I just did my 3rd night of C25K. I did the 25 minutes of intervals and it was only 1.75 miles. I wonder if this is too slow and I should repeat the week? I felt ok, but it just seems slow.

I just did my 3rd night of C25K. I did the 25 minutes of intervals and it was only 1.75 miles. I wonder if this is too slow and I should repeat the week? I felt ok, but it just seems slow.

scalingdown....don't worry about your speed right now. Just focus on endurance. Your distance will increase each week as your running time increases. You can work on speed later. Keep up the good work!

Kathy, I am going to set a schedule like you said. It is actually pretty cold here. We are expecting an ice storm tomorrow night. It will be in the twenties. We usually don't get snow here,, just yucky slick ice. I love to run outside but with DH work schedule it is so hard to do. Now that my distances are farther the boys don't like to go 5-6 miles with me. Maybe I should do shorter runs with them and then finish up on the treadmill. I really have GOT to work on this all or nothingness!!

I weighed today as well and was down to 167! That's 2 pounds for me!! WooHOo!! It's so good to see the scales move!!

Whosya, You set yourself up pretty well for this next challenge don't you think!! LOL Next time I want to pick the teams. JK!! Thanks for setting it up for us. I'm going to work on this all or nothing thing and one of these days I am going to beat you in a challenge!!!!!!

GA and Kathy thanks for the explanation about the challenge. I think I'll sit this one out...(not literally of course) I think I'll hang back and cheer for y'all and observe though. I have a nano, but it belongs to my DS. I want my own at some point but it's not in the budget right now. Maybe by Mother's Day. Or an early Mothers day depending when the next challenge is. LOL.

I went to a doc in the box and got some antibiotics so i can hopefully get on the road to feeling better so i can race on Sat. I thought the PA who saw me was gonna have his eyes fall out when i told him im running in the Race for the Cure. It's big stuff here, and I definitely dont look the running type yet. but i felt so proud of myself to be able to say that. It was waaaaay cool.

Whosya, have a really wonderful birthday.

TC all!

Carol

I'm starting Week 8. I ran the 28 min then walked 5 for the cool-down. Since I wasn't at 5K yet, I ran another 10 min. after that. My heart rate is not spiking up as high when I run so I think that means I'm building endurance!