Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Kathy - the 6mph is only for 1 minute with about 2 minutes or so of walking in between. 2 or 3 times.

If I can do that, why can't I run longer at a slower speed?

I figure the short-fast intervals will eventually build my lungs so I can run longer-slower intervals.

Sugar...you will eventually build up. It took me a long time, but it finally happened. As long as you are burning calories and keep at it, that's all that matters.

Well guys...if I EVER decided to take another 2 month vacation from running, someone please kick my butt!! I feel like I'm starting over. I did a 1.6 mile run/walk today. I went from being able to run for 45 minutes straight, to 4 or 5 minutes....I could just kick myself for taking off for so long. I know I will build back up eventually but I'm just soooo mad at myself!

I don't think I'll be much competition for the nike+ challenge, but maybe it will keep me motivated.

Georgia - With me in the race, you won't be in dead last. LOL

You will probably build back up quickly. Don't kick your self to bad. Just keep it up!

LOL Sugar....I hope I build back up fast. Don't be so sure about me not coming in dead last...if ya'll saw how bad I was huffing and puffing today, you'd understand.

So, we are starting Monday right?

I am probably the only one that does not have a Nike +

Our computer crashed a few weeks ago and took itunes with it. I have no way of downloading tunes. So I am stuck with what I have. Just some random songs. Ughh..

Mine came! I was upset yesterday because all the books came but not it.

But the calibrate is going to be hard. How the heck do I know how long .25 miles is?

Sugar... keep at it and you will eventually accomplish the distance. I know it took me a really long time to get from 10 to 20 min. I kept getting discouraged and some days just gave up. All I can say is your body does eventually get there. I know for me its not my muscles, its my breathing. I find the first 5-10 min is the absolute hardest. Once I'm through 10 min, I'm generally good to go unless I mess with my speed. If I can talk myself through the breathing in the beginning, then I can usually go the distance I want to.

Georgia... Aren't you glad you got back at it! LOL, just to feel the pain! I'm sure your recovery will be quick.

Lyn... OMG, what aim! LOL, I think I would have just died if it was me. But if I was there, I probably would have peed myself for laughing so hard!!!

Ok I'm all set for our challenge! I'm a competitive person, even when I don't have a hope in hell of winning! LOL. We're all saying we'll each be in last place... so here's a thought... let's compete for last! But the rules are we still have to actually run. We can't be last due to lack of running, we can only be last if we actually try to run our best! What a concept!

I PROMISE I will set up the challenge tonight or tommorow so we can definately start on Monday. I have not been running either so it is going to kick my butt too. Well, at least I am in great company!!

I got my Nike+! I haven't calibrated it. Or gone up to the web site.

Mac...do you have access to a treadmill? It would probably be best to calibrate it on the treadmill, that way you can set a constant pace and know exactly how far you've gone.

Darn, I need to get a nike+, I want to be in the challenge too. I thought I would order one, but it hasn't happened yet. I might call around town and see if anybody has one, that would be faster.

Lyn~ your story is hilarious - sounds like something I would do! You probably scared the poor man to death!

Georgia~ I hear you. I had to take two weeks off and thought I was going to die when I started back up! Just keep at it, you will come back faster than you think!

I had a 25min run today and it went pretty well. The breathing is always the hardest. If I focus on breathing the hills don't seem so bad. Phew!

I recalibrated my Nike+ tonight and it seems to be more accurate. I had a really great run tonight. I had planned to do only 1 mile, but my DH ran first and he did 2.8 miles in 30 min. So I started and thought, no I'm just going to do my mile. But after the mile I was feeling really good, so I kept going. Then after 2 I still felt good, so I kept going. I ended up doing 2.85 miles (had to beat my DH LOL). It took me longer, but still felt really good! This Nike+ is really helping to motivate me. I also think I'm over my issues with the treadmill. Good thing cause the weather ain't getting any better!

Mac...do you have access to a treadmill? It would probably be best to calibrate it on the treadmill, that way you can set a constant pace and know exactly how far you've gone.

I figured that out eventually. :tt2: That means it won't be calibrated until Monday. (Gym is at work.)

But that's okay. It arrived in the mail AFTER I did my "run" so it's not like calibrating it would be any use to me.

A running buddy of mine called today and asked if I would do a 5 mile run with her in the morning. OMGosh!! She will be at my house at 7:15 in the morning. She said we could walk/run. We are running outside. I hope I can hang!!

Renewed... hope your run went well!

I just finished an outside run! Yeah!!! I ran 3.3 miles and it felt great! I even beat my DH again. The sidewalks were really icy so I ran on the road for the most part, until I got to a busy city street, but that was just a short distance. It was so windy at the start, but then I got used to it and it felt so good. I think I'm going to get the hang on winter running!

According to my Nike+ I've run 22.6 km since Dec 26th. I'm pretty happy with that!