Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

:rolleyes2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAMATO!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!:girl_hug:

:girl_hug::party::sad::party:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Tomorrow is my birthday and since I have to work, my in - laws came over today for a little party. She made my favorites.... chicken Parmesan and German chocolate Cake. I was a very naughty girl! It tasted SO FREAKING GOOD! Luckily I could only eat a little bit. I sure do love my band. My hubby got me an exercise step and some hand weights so I can get my workouts in at home. YAY! So since I was so naughty with the food tonight, I did a Jillian video tonight and she kicked my butt as usual! !

you HAVE to have CAKE on the bday (german chocolate is my favorite as well - been a LONG time since having it:frown:)

happy b day mamato3!!!! hope you have a great day & pop in often this wk!!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everybody! How's everyone? I have not been doing too good the past week or so. I've been exercising - hit and miss. I really think I'm too full and my energy level is zapped (partly my meds have been off too). I have a fill appointment tomorrow and I think I'm going to ask to get a little taken out. I'm PBing on mushies - the only thing I can keep in me is junk and liquids...I've been leaning towards the former. I've got to get me seen about and back on track.

I've been having issues with my ankles and a lot of dizzy spells too. I went to see my band doctor last week and they did an ultrasound on the veins in my legs to make sure I didn't have any blood clots. Thank goodness that checked out. He told me he would refer to a leg doctor if it didn't get any better.

I called my doc that regulates my thyroid medicine. They tested me and found out my dosage was WAY too high. I was in the hyper stage - I haven't had it adjusted in over two years (65 pounds ago too)...my ankles (especially right) was really swollen and I've been really depressed. The "black spots" I was seeing and diziness scared the crap out of me last week. My dosage has been lowered and I'm feeling much better. Now to buckle back down now that I'm feeling more like me.

How's everything and everyone here?

Leslie, Sorry you have been feeling bad. I'm glad you've hopefully got it figured out with your thyroid medicine. Hope your energy level increases real soon!!

Leslie... so glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Please be careful with your thyroid meds!!!! We MISSED you big time here! Welcome back.

Mamato... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! What a perfect b-day gift from your DH. Cake is a must on b-days, so glad you enjoyed it!

Lyn... midlife crisis... no way! Its just you doing what YOU want! Sounds like a self assured woman with a great sense of humor!!!

Georgia... 16 minutes sounds like a great goal! Just think, last week you were struggling with 8! WTG Girl!

Renewed... are you still on your runner's high!

I had a great weekend. My girlfriend came for a visit with her 3 hellion sons! Usually it is very chaotic/crazy/stressful, but this weekend was so much better. When she called on Wed to see if they could come for a visit, I told her I really wasn't up to the stress. She understood. But then my DH convinced me to have them come. So before she arrived, she read them the riot act and they all listened and were really good.

You have to imagine this... her sons are 13, 11 and 7. The oldest is 6' 5" tall, has an angry disposition, is moody and disrespectful. The next is 5'10" tall, bounces between being sweet and kind and moody & aggressive. The youngest is 5' 4" tall, is a very sensitive boy, intellectually challenged like my son, but fights with his oldest brother all the time.

They eat us out of house and home, don't ever want to do anything but argue and play video games, won't leave their mom alone, and are always pushing for her to buy them things. She is a single mom, still very angry at her X who just remarried, and is not a great mom. She loves them, but is a push over, so they get away with everything.

I love my friend dearly, but OMG it is stressful to be the bystander. However, I have to say, she did great this weekend and it was one of the best visits we've had in years. Ok... probably TMI, but wanted to share.

I'm going to run on M, W, F this week, then rest on Sat before my race on Sun. I plan to run 5k today and Wed, and then do a shorter run on Fri.

Kathy, Sound like a REALLY crazy combination. I'm glad that yall had a really good time, and I'll bet you are glad to have your home back to you and your family. Sounds like a great running plan for his weekend. I can't wait to hear how the race goes on Sunday!!

I am still on my runner's high. I hope it never ends. We are going to the track this evening. I am fixing to make a low carb shopping list and go buy groceries. I think we are going to take our camper to our land this weekend and camp out. We really enjoy doing that!!

Everyone have a great week!!

Welcome back Leslie!! I hope they have everything figured out and I hope you start feeling like yourself again. I missed ya!

Kathy~ I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about the 5k Sunday!

Renewed~ Camping sounds so fun!! I told DH when he retires, we are going to get an RV and hit the road....he just laughs at me.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks everybody! I missed all of you! :cry_smile:

Welcome back Leslie!! I hope they have everything figured out and I hope you start feeling like yourself again. I missed ya!

Kathy~ I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about the 5k Sunday!

Renewed~ Camping sounds so fun!! I told DH when he retires, we are going to get an RV and hit the road....he just laughs at me.

Georgia - We go to the swap meet every year in November/February. We're into cars, hotrods...well DH is really into it and I'm getting there...I love going to the swap meets. Lots of cool junk - like a HUGE yardsale. We are going camping in November - I'm looking forward to it. Takes me back to childhood! Of course I have to have my fan (summer), heater (winter) and airmattres....this girl ain't roughin it!

we have this tiny little camper that we bought several years back. It is very simple and pretty old, but it works. We have gas for cooking, AC, heat and a potty. Definately not roughing it. When we had all of the kids we were going to sell it because it was way too small, but never got around to it. i'm so glad. We have some hunting land about 30 minutes from here. We usually Take it out to the land durin hunting season and leave it there and spend most weekends at the land riding 4 wheelers and jsut hanging out. It's really good to get away from our hectic everyday lives.

Guest Leslie2Lose

renewed that sounds like so much fun! That's my kind of weekend :-)

We took the kids to the funpark here (a small place with bumperboats, go-carts, minigolf). I actually could fit in the gocart with no problem and got out by myself too. We went about four years ago - I couldn't even buckle the belt - it was humiliating. The go-carts were fun...I imagine that four wheelers would be awesome!

I wanna come too :-)!!!!

Leslie, that sounds so fun! DH and I took the youth group from church there a couple of months ago and played laser tag. It was sooooo fun. Wonderful NSV! Bet it felt great!!

Oh, I have a good one too. I officially weigh less than DH! I am thrilled because I have weighed more than him for almost ten years. Granted, he is a lot taller than me, but still....I WEIGH LESS!!! HAHAHA

I can say that to ya'll, lol. I would never rub it in his face like that though. It's just nice to be able to share this kinda stuff with ya'll.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia that's great! You are such a better person than I am. About a month ago I surpassed DH in weighing less - I joyfully sang nanny-nanny-boo-boo...that's just me though. Congratulations - soon he'll be able to pick you up (my DH too). I'm going to get small enough to get "remarried" and be carried across the threadhold - ah my dreams, silly - but something I've always wanted.

I'm so happy for you girl! 100 pounds AND a great NSV...and trust me that one rocks!!!!!

Georgia that's great! You are such a better person than I am. About a month ago I surpassed DH in weighing less - I joyfully sang nanny-nanny-boo-boo...that's just me though. Congratulations - soon he'll be able to pick you up (my DH too). I'm going to get small enough to get "remarried" and be carried across the threadhold - ah my dreams, silly - but something I've always wanted.

I'm so happy for you girl! 100 pounds AND a great NSV...and trust me that one rocks!!!!!

Thanks Leslie! That's not silly at all!! I would love to get re-married and actually feel like a beautiful bride. I was about 220 lbs when I got married, so I would love to have the chance to do it again and wear any dress I want and feel comfortable.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Me too girl! Also - wedding photos. I want to look hot! DH always said I was beautiful. I want photos on the beach with my family and friends relaxed and like you said - wear anything I want :-)....we'll get there girl!

What a great NSV moment for both of you! To weigh less than your DH... I have to get down another 50lbs to get there! I hope I do someday, but if not, that's ok.

Camping... I love it! When I was a kid and teenager we'd go every weekend. I'm such an outdoor nut. there is nothing better than waking up and having a cup of coffee outside in the crisp morning air! When DH and I were dating, I convinced him to go camping with me. He's a big city guy, and had never been camping before. So this was big for him. Once we got the tent set up and the campsite arranged, I suggested we go on a hike. He then started to put stuff back in his car and got out a padlock to "lock the tent". I started laughing so hard... and I still laugh to this day about it! Lock the tent. He was freaked out all weekend thinking someone was going to rob or murder us! He eventually got used to it and we would go camping about 2-3 times a year until Sarah came along. She needs too much constant supervision for tent camping for now.

DH would absolutely love to have a trailer... with all the conviences - kitchen, bathroom, bed, and AC!!! Have to admit... sounds much better than the hard ground!

I completed my run for today. It felt great! I planned a route in the park that included a really big hill. Just as I crested the hill (and made it!!!) another woman was starting down the hill. She saw the great big smile on my face, and smiled back. She then lifted her hand and we exchanged high 5's. Now that was a moment that I'll never forget! Had to share!