Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I thought I would drop in and check on everyone. It has been awhile since I have posted (or exercised for that matter) I hope to be back as a regular soon. (posting and exercising)

Renewed - Great job on the run!!!!

Georgia - 100 pounds, WTG!!!

Kathy - New picture, lookin good!!!

WOOHOO GEORGIA!!! YOU , my friend, ROCK!!!!!!!!!

100 pounds in 1 year is nothing short of amazing!!!! I am soooooo proud for you!!!WOOHOO!!!:thumbup::biggrin::eek::biggrin::mellow::biggrin::cool2::biggrin::tt2::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I knew you would do it!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!! Take time today to think of how different you are than 1 year ago. Even with the struggles and plateau the changes are undeniably amazing. So blessed to call you friend!!!

Thanks Renewed! Couldn't have done it without YOU! I posted this on the Bagnato thread but I'll say it here too. One year ago today, I got winded just walking to my car......seriously! Today I can run almost 1.5 miles straight! I am so blessed and thank God for helping through this year. Thanks friend!

i woke up today georgia, wondering / fingers crossed you made this milestone. extremely happy for you!!!!! - if you haven't already GO post on the 100lbs gone thread....:tt2:

Thanks luluc! I'm sooooo happy! I will definitely check out that thread!

Sugarbean~ Thank you! I'm glad to hear from you. How are you doing? Don't be a stranger, okay.

Congratulations to the most motivated butt kickin group of people on this website!!

Renewedhope - absolutely fabulous

Georgiagirl- incredibly inspiring

Eat less - move more

it isnt rocket science, but we sure try to figure out ways around it don't we?

Obviously, we finally get it!! Yeah group. i wish we were all together for a group high five. Good luck to everyone for next weeks successes.:thumbup:

Congratulations to the most motivated butt kickin group of people on this website!!

Renewedhope - absolutely fabulous

Georgiagirl- incredibly inspiring

Eat less - move more

it isnt rocket science, but we sure try to figure out ways around it don't we?

Obviously, we finally get it!! Yeah group. i wish we were all together for a group high five. Good luck to everyone for next weeks successes.:thumbup:

Well I picked a great day to be MIA...

Georgia... I am in awe of you!!!! I'm so proud of you and for you! That is such an amazing accomplishment. To have lost 100 lbs in 1 year is life changing, awe inspiring and just plain cool!!! Ok... I promised bells and whistles...

:embaressed_smile::cursing:Yeah Haw!!!!

Renewed... I knew you'd kick A$$... that is an amazing time! Under 30 minutes and #4 in your group! You rock! As for your DH... tell his "That's allright... we all know he had to go slow enough for the kids!!!" Hey, I just think its amazing that all of you participated!

Now for both of you and the rest of us... here's the Rocky Song, cause we all deserve it!

Foreigner - Eye of the tiger (Rocky Soundtrack).mp3

Kathy, thanks so much for the Rocky song. It will definately be added to my playlist!! YOu guys are the best!!! We are a pretty awesome group!! I couldn't wait until I got home today to see Georgia's post. I just knew she made it, and to post my race results.

I can't tell you how many times I have felt frustrated with either the weight loss or the exercise and reading this thread remotivates me to stay the course. I know God put us in each others lives for a reason.

Seriously, don't stop posting - good, bad or indifferent; we need to inspire and support each other. The new members, the old members, and the lurking members all add meaning to our group. Sometime we just need to read, and other times we need to write. It all serves a purpose.

I have been hovering at 172 pounds for about 4 weeks now- the scales aren't moving. It gets frustrating, but I know I need to ramp up the exercise. So today, I am going to attempt a 35 min run. Then my DH and I are heading out for a 15 mile bike ride. I will keep my intake to 800! If I don't see a dwnward sweep on the scales; I am going to start removing organs!!!!!!!

Once again - a big congratulations Georgiagirl and Renewedhope. You have both worked so hard; enjoy your rewards.

Off to run. Kathy, I mixed the rocky song in to (hopefully) to play at the 35 minute mark of my run today. I will be breathless, sweaty, and smiling!!!:embaressed_smile:

What do you think......

On June 8, 2008 - I turned 50!

I got a tatoo on my toe in June

I got my lapband in July

I started training to run a 5K in August

I dyed my hair red in September

Yesterday, I got my belly button pierced

Does this sound like a midlife crisis?

:embaressed_smile:

Lyn, Best of luck on your run and bike ride. 800 cal is not much at all to sustain that much exercise. Think about taking in some extra Protein and GOOD carbs. It took me a long time to believe it, and everyone told me and told me, but it takes more like 1200-1400 cal a day to sustain that type of exercise.

Make it a great day everyone!!

What do you think......

On June 8, 2008 - I turned 50!

I got a tatoo on my toe in June

I got my lapband in July

I started training to run a 5K in August

I dyed my hair red in September

Yesterday, I got my belly button pierced

Does this sound like a midlife crisis?

:cursing:

something like that.:embaressed_smile: i'm going to slide into 40, probably literally...LOL

i'm sorta looking forward to it - i feel i look better now than in my 30's..

hope you enjoy your day of exercise lyn - agree w/renewed, you might want to up the calories on hard w/out days.

yesterday - got a 2mile run in

today - ran for 5.3miles / broke it up with a 15min walk in the middle..

Renewed... Congrats on your 5K! That is so awesome. You continue to be such and inspiration to me. I am so proud of you!

Georgia.... You must be so thrilled! 100 pounds in 1 year is nothing short of AMAZING! You rock! Congrats!

luluc.... You also are quite an inspiration. I hope to be able to exercise as much as you one day!

lyn....You've made such positive changes for yourself and done things that you wanted to do for YOU. Who cares if it's a midlife crisis! Make yourself happy!

Kathygood... ( :girl_hug: ) I LOVE that song from Rocky. I have it on my MP3 in my workout playlist. Also, congrats to you on finishing your C25K program. I'm so happy for you.

Sugarbean... I've been kinda distant lately too. What do you say we jump back in full force here? Time to start exercising and posting.

You all are so great. Sorry for my distance lately. I've come to realize that being here is a positive thing in my life. I know this might sound corny, but I need you guys! You are always working hard and striving for the best. My whole life situation has been dragging me down lately and I need anything and everything I can get to keep me going on my weight loss and healthier lifestyle journey.

Tomorrow is my birthday and since I have to work, my in - laws came over today for a little party. She made my favorites.... chicken Parmesan and German chocolate Cake. I was a very naughty girl! It tasted SO FREAKING GOOD! Luckily I could only eat a little bit. I sure do love my band. My hubby got me an exercise step and some hand weights so I can get my workouts in at home. YAY! So since I was so naughty with the food tonight, I did a Jillian video tonight and she kicked my butt as usual!

Ok I suppose that is enought for tonight. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I survived the day!

Ran, biked, grocery store, disassmbled and cleaned out the refigerator. I achieved my goals for the day.

Everyone have a great week.

WTG Lyn! Great job!

Happy Birthday Mamato!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

I did not get to run yesterday and it makes me moody when I miss one, lol. Between church yesterday morning and evening, we had a family reunion that seemed like it lasted an eternity, lol. Anyway, I will be going to the gym later this afternoon to do my run. I'm striving to go longer than 15 minutes, even if it's just by a minute.

Everyone is doing really good! Keep up the good work!!

Edited by georgia girl