Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Somebody put an APB (all points bulletin) out on my ASS, us I just ran it off!!!

All time record for me:

I ran on the treadmill 30.5 minutes for 2 miles. I can not believe it. I remember when I was struggling with getting 5 minutes in - that was just a few weeks ago.

If you are just starting on this journey - please don't give up!!! Seriously, I am not built like a runner, but I did it, I did it -You can too, just stay with.

LOL! You are too funny! Congrats, you are doing so well!!

I am counting on your post being true. I seem to be stuck on week 4. I'm barely making it through the runs and ANYTHING over 5 minutes sounds so unrealistic right now. I refuse to give up though. I guess I'll just continue doing week 4 until I can move on.

Renewed~ WOW!! Size 10 and medium is freaking awesome!!! You have done soooo well and I'm so proud of you. I'm praying Ike doesn't do much damage and that ya'll are safe. Making a plan and preparing was smart. Be safe and keep us posted if you can.

I am serious, a few weeks ago, I though, oh heck with it, this just isn't for me. But I keep pushing. Week 4 was the hadest for me. Finally, I just starting setting minute goals 6 minutes, 8 minutes, 10 minutes. It is doable.

Remember, I rarely lie!!!!!

Now that I know I can do 30 minutes, I am going to try to do 30 minutes 4 more times this week.

You can do this, please don't give up. 1 minute at a time.:lol:

WTG Lynn... 30+ minutes!!!! I love your posts! and am glad I was able to help kick you in the butt to get there! BTW, forget the APB on your ass... you're a runner now... you ran and it can't keep up!!! It's gone babe!

Georgia... keep at it girl and you'll get through week 4. I know week 5 killed me... took me 4 weeks to get through. One suggestion... when you try running it next time, pay attention to your energy level during the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th intervals. If you lose steam like I did, then maybe try just running one interval, and run until you have to stop. I found when I stopped to walk I couldn't get my breathing under control during the next run interval. But when I just keep running I get in a groove that seems to work for my breathing.

Renewed... batten down the hatches and good luck. We are glued to CNN watching Ike roll into Galvaston... scarey!

Ok... time for a minor rant...

Your election is Nov 4th and your leaders have been campaigning for almost 2 years and now are in high gear. Every day there is something on your TV stations about issues, points of view, positions, etc...

1 week ago our Prime Minister (aka President) called an election. In Canada the leading party gets to call an election anytime within a 5 year period... no set date, so they usually try for a time that they are leading in polls. The election date is Oct 14th... in just 1 month!!! And there is nothing on TV about it... just the occasional mention. I bet Canadians are more interested in your election than our own... and it affects us so much. At times like this, I'm ashamed to be Canadian. Ok, rant over!

I am serious, a few weeks ago, I though, oh heck with it, this just isn't for me. But I keep pushing. Week 4 was the hadest for me. Finally, I just starting setting minute goals 6 minutes, 8 minutes, 10 minutes. It is doable.

Remember, I rarely lie!!!!!

Now that I know I can do 30 minutes, I am going to try to do 30 minutes 4 more times this week.

You can do this, please don't give up. 1 minute at a time.:)

Okay, when you say you started setting minute goals, did you stray from the program completely or did you just try to add a minute to some of the intervals? Or did you skip the intervals and just focus on running longer each time? I'm open to suggestions and will do just about anything to get past week 4.

Thanks Kathy. It does look like a huge storm. I just watched the 10:00 news and they said for us to expect 6 inches of rain and in some places 10. Wind in excess of 40mph, and possible tornadoes. If you look as the storm heads to northeast Texas. You will notice when the tropical storm makes a turn to the right, that is where I live. We are really far north, so we will get nothing compared to south Texas, but for the first time that I can remember we are under tropical storm warnings. Pretty wild. It looks like the storming is gaining in strength. We will be fine. just keep praying for those in south Texas. Man, it looks like they are in for it!!

Renewed - my prayers are with you and all of the coastline folks. My friend just moved to Fort Worth last month -yikes!

Georgia- After I flounder with week 4; I stopped doing the itervals and just did my own thing. I listened to my music and set "Minute goal". I will run for 10 minutes without stopping next week 15 minutes, then 16 and so on. I still walked too. Walk 5minutes do the run then finish walking.

I think the key is to do what works for you. Gain your succcesses - how you see fit. You are in control. It really is a mind game. I have no doubt that if you said, I am going to run 8 minutes straight - you could do it. It is in you head not your feet!!!!

Kick it up girl!

Kathy our political process is amazing and sometimes embarrassing as the rest of the world watches. It is like a giant soap opera!!!!!

But, it works!

Georgia- After I flounder with week 4; I stopped doing the itervals and just did my own thing. I listened to my music and set "Minute goal". I will run for 10 minutes without stopping next week 15 minutes, then 16 and so on. I still walked too. Walk 5minutes do the run then finish walking.

I think the key is to do what works for you. Gain your succcesses - how you see fit. You are in control. It really is a mind game. I have no doubt that if you said, I am going to run 8 minutes straight - you could do it. It is in you head not your feet!!!!

Kick it up girl!

Thanks Lyn! I think I will try that next time I run. I think Kathy said she did that as well. I think week 4 is cursed, lol! Seems like a lot of us had and are having trouble with it. Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely think I could run longer than 5 minutes if I did just one run. Thanks again!

Edited by georgia girl

We survived!! Tropical storm Ike did make his appearance in our little town. LOTS of wind and rain. No tornadoes. We even have electricity. It went out a couple of times but not for long. It is still very windy, but we even ventured out to Walmart tonight. All is well. The wind actually feels very good now. As for the people further south, it sounds like it is really bad. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I am so crazy. I just looked at our local weather online and it appears that the eye of Ike is over our town now. LOL The wind and rain died down and I thought it had passed. If I understand right, it is calmer now because we are in the eye. There should be more rain and wind on the other side, but it shouldn't be as bad. I think??? Still, we are great and I think the worst for us is over.

Ok, back to real life today. After church I decided to go run the course for the 5K that is Saturday. So off I go. I drove it after I finished and after 2.5 miles I walked 3/10 of a mile and then ran the rest. Ok, get this....My time..... 31 minutes 7 seconds!!!! I was so excited. I plan to work really hard this week. I am going to run Mon through Thurs and then take Friday off. My goal is to run the whole thing (surely I can run that 3/10 that I walked) in under 30 minutes. If I can do that I will be quite happy with myself. I am also listening to my playlist now instead of DJ Beatsmith, but the c25K with podrunner is definately the place to start!! I am amazed with the results.

BTW, I broke down and bought the jeans. So, today I am wearing size 10 jeans and a medium shirt!! WOOHOO!! I look pretty darn cute in them. DH agrees!!

renewed, must have been on the same page today - hubby took me and my BF to the course we're running on Oct 4. FINALLY ran 5k w/out stopping - we could have had better time if we didn't chit chat in the beginning ; but we did it in 36.3mins. we SUCKED wind big time the last 10mins, not a word between us - which has NEVER happened.

i am celebrating tomorrow by buying a cute running outfit - cause i deserve it!!! since Jan i have worked towards doing this & when i saw hubby at the end of the line today - he knew to hand over the wallet..LOL

congrats on the size 10 renewed!! after the TT you'll be swimming in them!!!

i'm off to eat like a pig ; well not really..:smile:

lulu~

Way to go Luluc!!! My reward for myself after running 5K is a running outfit, but with my TT just around the corner I am having a hard time forking out the money for new clothes. My BF bought me a really cute Addidas running outfit a couple of weeks ago. It is a size med and made to fit tight. It is a little snug yet, so I am not going to wear it at the run on Saturday, but I plan on sporting it with pride after my surgery. I think it will fit really well then!!

I feel like I have had another mental shift. I have been struggling to stay focused the last few days, and it seems I woke up focused this morning! WOOHOO I pray it lasts!! New jeans usually do this for me!!

WTG luluc and renewed!! Both of you are doing FANTASTIC!!! Ya'll are such an inspiration to me. Keep up the great work!!

Renewed~ I'm so glad the weather didn't get too bad. Congrats on the size 10's.....that's awesome!!!!