Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

LITE...I love it. My goal was to be able to jog a mile without stopping. Looks like it will eventually be possible if I stick with this. Week 4 starts Monday. Can't wait. Good luck to all this week.

Whosya congrats on the triathalon. Mamato your family is in my prayers. Georgia, great idea with working at the fitness center. What better way to stay in shape than surround yourself with people who are seeking the same thing.

Hope everyone has a great week.

This is a guilt free zone!!!! You have so much going on; no one here or any where will (or ahould) tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing! You know better than anyone else what you need to do to survive this period of your life. But remember, it isn't forever, this too will pass. Hang in there; we are here and you will always be part of this group. I am proud of your strength and endurance.

Thinking of you daily, Lynda

What do you guys do on the days between your runs? i know we are supposed to rest and not run back to back days, but I ahve to do something. My weight loss is based solely on me moving my butt in one way or another.. I am tryign to find a plan to follow that will carry me through six days a week. I take Saturdays off most weeks. I am having a blast with the runnign and want to do it everyday but i know i dont need to so any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks all of you this is a great thread.

Jeannie... I usually walk on my between days. I take the dog for a brisk walk or take the kids with me and walk a bit slower. On those days we go to the playground, so there's always running involved (playing with the kids). Not exactly a cardio workout... but it is movement.

I've searched online for some home based strength training ideas and have put together a beginner program for myself. I'm going to start it tomorrow. I'm also going to go look for that book that Whosya suggested.

After dinner today we took the kids for a long walk and ended up in the park. We brought the soccer ball with us and spent about 20 min. running around playing soccer. So here's my NSV... last summer, I would have sat on the bench and watched my DH play soccer with the kids, as I wouldn't have been able to participate much more than the "stand and kick" role. Tonight, I was running, kicking, chasing, and running, running, running! At the end, I wasn't even winded. I could have continued for a lot longer!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good evening all. Tomorrow starts week 4. I'm excited and a little nervous about it. I know I can do it - mind over matter! I just downloaded the podcast and I'm heading to bed so I can get up early for my run. Wish me luck! I'll catch up with ya'll later. Night.

Jeannie, I do Jillian Michael DVD's 5 days a week. I don't do them on Wed and Sat. I run every other day, so sometimes I do both. I arrange my runs so that I always take 1 day off a week. The ladies on here all know that I used to not take a day off. My body finally gave out, and after a break for a day I could do much more than when I pushed so hard. I am stubborn and learned the hard way, but the day off is really necessary.

Kathy, You always have the coolest sounding outings with your family. I admire that about you!! Yall are always out doing something fun!! Way to go on the soccer NSV.

Leslie, Good luck on the run tommorow. You will do great. It is mind over matter, so make up your mind and you've got it made.

Well, I only have 1 more night to put my 3 babies to bed. It is really starting to sink in. We have been packing, etc. Today was a very emotional day. It was also very busy. I kept putting off my run. Then tonight I went to sonic and got a chili pie and coke. OMGosh, how aweful is that. Emotional eating at its best. So, after I ate it, I made myself get my tail on the treadmill and do my run. If I can emotionally eat then I can emotionally run.. So, today was the 3rd day of week 9. I will start the graduation week on Tuesday!! Say a prayer for us if you think of it. Tommorow is our last day with our foster kids. I want to make the most of it, yet there is so much to do to get everything ready. Today my mom asked if she could go with me to take them to their new home. I was surprised and excited. I am not the type to ask for such support or even recognize that I need it. DH will be out of town at a training so he can't go. He will be home late Tuesday night. I am really glad mom is going with me!!

Renewed... our outings are more through necessity... but are fun. If we stayed in the kids would drive us crazy. They both have severe ADHD, and are the human form of the Energizer Bunny!!! You are in my prayers today and tomorrow! I'm so glad your mom is going with you. The trip home and afterwards could be very lonely, so having her along is great!

Leslie... good luck today on week 4. You can do it!

tootie and Leslie~ Good luck with week 4!!

Kathy~ Great NSV!

Jeannie~ I usually either do some strength training or play the Wii Fit on my off running days. I swim sometimes too. Swimming is a good one, it really gets my heart pumping.

Renewed~ Ya'll are in my prayers. I'm so glad your mom is going with you. If I lived closer, I'd go with you. This week will be a hard one for you, just know we are here for you!

Well, I'll be doing another day of week 3 today. I think I will move on the week 4 Wednesday. I'm pretty nervous about week 4 because of the increase of running time and the decrease of walking time in between. The walking really helps me get my breathing under control, especially the 3 minute walk after the 3 minute run. Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter...if I keep thinking that, maybe it will work, lol!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I miserably failed my run this morning. My shins started hurting in the first interval and I walked the rest. I am just in a pissy mood mood this morning. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm going back when I get off work today and trying again. The best two treadmills at the Y are broken. I have my favorite and when I get one the crappy ones - urgh! I guess matter won this morning. Sorry guys! I'm not quitting though.

Sorry Leslie. Hope it goes better this afternoon. Stuff gets in the way sometimes, but as long as you keep going and don't give up, you haven't failed. Hope your day gets better and good luck with your run this afternoon.

Georgia... did you change your ticker design to a runner?? Or was that what you always had? If its new... looks great!

I just finished my run, and did the full 20, but had to break it up again. I ran 10, 5 and 5. This time I felt good but around 8 min. I had to go to the washroom so bad that I had to stop. LOL.

Then once I stop, it seems that I can't continue much longer beyond that. Oh well, I still ran 20 min, which is great. I just wish I could run it straight!

Georgia... did you change your ticker design to a runner?? Or was that what you always had? If its new... looks great!

Thanks! Yeah, I changed it. I like to change things up every now and then...

I did another day of week 3 this morning. I usually run in the afternoon or evening. I didn't feel like I had a lot of energy today but I ran through it.

Anyone else notice they don't have much energy in the mornings? I guess it's probably because I haven't had much food. I'm usually a little tight in the mornings, so I can't eat solid food. Today I drank a low carb slim fast.

I miserably failed my run this morning. My shins started hurting in the first interval and I walked the rest.

me too....UGH, but it was my calves hurting.

i ran 45mins sat: 25min run / 5min walk / 20min run & was completely energized to run 30mins straight this am. didn't happen. got in 10min run & 10min walk, then hopped on the bike and did 30min interval - running just wasn't in the cards today - happens, treadmill's ALWAYS there the next day:tongue:

renewed - glad your mom will be w/you, thinking of ya!!

kathy - great job on 20mins; no matter HOW it breaks down....it's 20min

georgia girl - i have to workout in the AM, otherwise it doesn't happen for me - but i know i need carbs for that workout or i peeter out.