Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I forgot to list my ultimate exercise goal. I would have to say running the 5k without stopping is the major one. I too would eventually like to venture off into biking and more swimming. Maybe a triathlon eventually??

This may sound crazy, but lately I've been thinking about eventually working at a gym. I know, weird right? I stay at home with my son now and I thought maybe when he's ready to start school, I may try to get a job in the fitness dept at the YMCA part time. I should be pretty close to my goal weight by then. Seems far fetched right now, lol. I don't know, just something I've thought about.

That sounds great Georgia. I have often thought about becoming a personal trainer. We definately would have the ability to relate to and help people on their journey to become physically fit.

Kathy, your goals sound great! I would like to walk in a room and turn heads too. When we go to Cancun we won't be taking children aong. We don't normally go anywhere without the kiddos, but this would be an exception. A VERY romantic getaway.

You know what ladies; there was not one goal listed that was not obtainable! We can do this; everyone one of us. Maybe some day we can have a "goal reunion" and we can meet for a celebration.

You all have inspired me, like no other group. Thank you for your support and I know we are all on our way to our "Ultimate self".

Now who is ready to kick butt today and run like the wind? (OK, Maybe a lofty statement) But anyway, we are all now officially; IN TRAINING!!!!!!!

I think we should call ourselves: "LITE" (LADIES IN TRAINING through EXERCISE)

Who wants to be LITE? I do, I do.

lyn - your a riot!, your posts make me giggle. love the lite idea, i'm in.

well since my scale has been removed from the home, because i was weighing on the hr - hubby decided that i can weigh the morning of my first 5k and not before. i maybe be done pound wise, since it's been just about 2months since it's moved - but i wouldn't mind another 5-10 gone, since i'm on the higher end of normal bmi being a shorty (5'1).

so that said, my exercise goal is to NEVER give it up & i'm sure i can do it this time. i was wide awake at 4:45am ready to go for a run. has exercise made any of ya sleep less? i no longer need the 8-10hrs of rest - i'm done at 5 easiliy. and i LOVED to nap in the past.

personal goal - the big 40 is around the corner, and hubby said he'd send me and my gfriends to a spa or something to whoop it up. :angry:

Lyn... NEVER STOP POSTING!!!! You are such an inspriation. Laughter is such good medicine! LITE... I'm in!

Luluc... I don't need as much sleep anymore either. I used to crave my naps on the weekend, but now when the kids and DH lay down, I stay up and do stuff. I'm still not a morning person... never will be... but I feel as tired throughout the day. Your goals sound great!

Georgia... I love your thought of working in a gym. In my old gym there was a staff person who was heavy, and she was such a motivator for everyone. She started when she was 100+ overweight and achieved her goal within 18 months. She was then the go to person for everyone who wanted motivation and weight loss tips. Excellent idea!

Well no running for me today, as I'm off with the family on a trip to Toronto for the day. We're going to visit DH's Aunt and then go to Chinatown for dinner... YUMMY!!! Then to our favourite areas to walk around. Spontaneous trip idea... I love these trips!

Have fun everyone... talk to you tomorrow.

I'm sooo in! Love the LITE idea!!

Just got home from the gym and did another day of week 3. The knee is hurting a bit, so I'm gonna take some Tylenol and it should be better tomorrow. I hope to move on to week 4 soon.

I hope this thread NEVER dies. Even when we all finish the C25K, we still need to keep this thread alive. I don't think I could do this without all of you.

Oh, and I love the idea of all of us meeting one day. How cool would that be?!

Ok im updating you all.

I finished another Triathlon this year. Here are my results: I had a blow out on my front tire with 3 miles to go but i rode it in flat anyway. Apart for that pretty good.

My 5k time was 31:13 and i have done 5ks in 28 mins before but not after all that swiming and cycling.

Thanks for all your support!!!!! Heres looking forward to the next one.

Place: 147th out of 214. #217 C Jonathan Bailey TWO RIVERS WI 33 Male Swim: 170th 8:06 Cycle: 133th 56:59 16.8mph Run: 160th 31:13 10:03 147th out of 214 1:36:17.36

My goodness, you are all doing so fantastic! I don't even know what to say to try to catch up with all of the posts I have missed in the past week or so. I totally feel like an outcast here now!

Well, running has not been a part of my routine for awhile now. I sure miss it, but not sure how I will get going with it again. I guess when hubby is better I will start over with week 1. I have not even had time to exercise at all, let alone try to run. At this point I really can not leave him alone long enough to drive to the YMCA and work out. Exercise at home is difficult with my little ones. Even when they nap I have so much to get done around the house that I just cant stop long enough to exercise. I'm feeling pretty down about this whole situation tonight. Life is just completely upside down and I dont even know where to start trying to get it right again.

Ok, enough of my pity party. I am going to go take a shower. It is 12:30 at night and I am yet to have bathed!

Mamato, I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry things are so difficult right now. When things calm down for you and you start running again, we will still be here to cheer you on. You are not an outcast. This thread has turned into so much more than running. We are still here for you. Glad DH is doing better. I pray he will continue to improve.

WAY TO GO WHOSYA!! You are such an inspiration to us all!

hey im trying to do this but its really hard ...idont kno how to pace myself i like to hit the 6mph button and go fast and i cant get past 90sec

anyways im gonna keep trying because i love that 90 sec of fast running ...

Ok, where to start...

Mamato... take each day one at a time, or even moment to moment! We're here to listen, so log in whenever you have a few minutes for the support. What you are facing right now is monumental, and takes priority over everything else... so no outcast thoughts... you're one of us!

Whosya... WTG! Excellent time and even with a flat tire. BTW, how's the bike now! What is the distance on each leg of the triathalon? I've always wondered how far you have to swim and bike!

Smith... slow down your speed, then you'll have more endurance to go longer. My DH, who's been running for years, runs at 6mph and up to 7.5 for a sprint... it took him awhile to get there... so slow down! Right now you want to concentrate on increasing your time, not your speed. Go to our first page of posts for the podcast download, which makes it easier.

In case you miss the post... as pages build, here's the links. The following links are to the podcast that most of us use and the interval schedule it follows. Enjoy.

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25koutline.html

We took the kids to Toronto yesterday for the day. It's only a 2hr drive away, and was a last minute plan. We called my DH's Aunt to see if we could hook up with her, but she was busy. So we went to Chinatown first. Took a long walk through there, seeing all the different vendors, foods, gadgets, people watched, etc. Then went for a late lunch to our favourite Chinese BBQ Noodle house. We used to live in Toronto, so have some familiar places to go. It was excellent. My son is not adventurous, but will try different things when we're out... so he tried BBQ duck, wonton Soup, dim sum and seafood with noodles.

Our daughter will eat anything, and is so happy and friendly that she draws people to her. At this particular restaurant, they seat you with anyone... so we were at a table for 8, and there were 2 other couples at our table. They were Chinese and spoke very little English. Sarah won them over... so they were giving her all sorts of food to try. It was hillarious. She tried congee (kind of like a rice soup... I love it in the Winter), sticky rice, chicken feet, cuttle fish and something else I'm not sure what it was. It was hillarious! Even one of the cooks came over to say hi and offer the kids a sweet. In this restaurant, we were the only caucasion people in there, so we kind of stuck out. However, since we used to live in Toronto, we'd been there so many times that they remembered us... so we were like welcomed back friends. Its funny how so much changes... but then so many things stay the same. It was the same wait staff and chefs as when we lived there 7 years ago!

After lunch we went to a Chinese bakery and got some cakes, Buns and Cookies to go. Then we went down to this beautiful parkland by the lake (Lake Ontario) and walked all through this park. It was filled with meadows, Water ways, beach front and parkland. Lovely! We stopped and had our dessert and then continued our walk.

We didn't get home until 11pm... the poor dog was crossing her legs when we got home! LOL! What a nice day!

Mamato~ Sorry things are so rough right now. You are ALWAYS going to be welcome here. You are one of us and there's no going back, lol! I do understand why you feel that way though. When my knee wouldn't allow me to run, I kinda felt the same way. It's hard watching everyone else progress when you can't, and hard to stay on track too. ((hugs))

smsmithart~ I agree with Kathy...slow down! 6 mph is fast! Work on time right now. Speed will come later. Take care and good luck!

Kathy~ Sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun! The food sounds wonderful....except the chicken feet, lol! Glad you had a good time!

smsmithart, SLOW DOWN!!! That is really fast. You have to work up to that speed. Right now you lack the endurance to maintain that speed. 5K is a distance run not a sprint. You have to go slower in order to go the distance.

Kathy, Sounds like yall had a WONDERFUL day!! I LOVE chinese food, but have never been to Chinatown. I live in such a rural area that there is no such place here.

We are thinking of a very small getaway next weekend with the kids. Our foster kids are leaving Tuesday, so we'd kinda like to do something special with the boys.

HOpe everyone is having a great weekend!!