Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

by jan '08 i had only lost a little over 20lbs ; so joined the c5k (whosya was my pit bull & cheerleader) ,

WOW ! this really made my day!!! thanks so much! YOur doing just awesome!

Luluc we (ok I) want to see more pictures of you and your progress..you lil size 6 firecracker.

Mamto: so sorry your hubby is having troubles. I would be going insane crazy if that was me. Your going to have your hands very full. I would start contacting family members to see who can lend a hand. (there i go trying to provide you with a fix again) what i meant to say is im sorry..i can only imagine how hard it is.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mama - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope DH continues to improve.

I am trying not to beat myself up here! I ate too much yesterday, had the munchies big time! I was up most of the night and felt like I was burning up, so I don't know if it was because of overeating, too many carbs (I didn't eat any high carb foods, but way too many mixed nuts) but I probably only got 4 hours of sleep and not straight through! I was sort of mad at myself because since I started my "new life" as I call it, I stopped a lot of bad habits, one of them being sleeping in, for almost all last school year I would get the kids off to school and go back to bed for another 2 hours of sleep. I promised myself I was not going to do that...well YESTERDAY I did, I slept for an hour and maybe that is the reason I couldn't go to sleep yesterday...I have no idea! I was sure not to do that this morning, although I was sooo freakin tired from not sleeping last night. I got the kids off to school and immediately went to the gym (with total dread). I was really struggling to go 4.0 and still felt like it was way too hot and so I went down to 3.8 (which is still a run for these thunder thighs!) and did my 25 minute run for week 7. I was proud of myself for getting it done when the old me would have said "nope...too tired and too hot to go workout". So there...I just turned my negative into a positive!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bonnie - good for you for getting up and running!

Now as for your pity-party (which is what I call my momentary laps of insanity), we all have them now and again. I've had quite a few myself recently. It's over and done with. You've already picked yourself back up. That's what is important! Perhaps you needed the nap...sometimes we all need extra rest. You had an off night and that's okay. Don't beat yourself up over it. Today is a new day!

You're kicking bootay with your running!!!

Mamato, I'm so sorry about your husband. Looks like ya'll have a pretty long and rough road ahead of you. I'm praying your husband gets better soon and praying for stregnth for you in taking care of him and the kids. ((big hugs)).

Mamato... hugs and support being sent your way! I'm so sorry for the ordeal you will be facing, but so happy the surgury was a success. I was thinking about you and your DH on Monday, hoping he'd come through with less pain. I know his recovery is going to be slow and the burden will fall to you, but at least he is on the path to recover. Stay strong, and unload on us whenever you feel like it!

Bonnie... let it go! Beating up on yourself is the fast road to giving up, so forgive yourself and keep on runnin'

Ok, since I didn't make the full 20 min last time, I'm going to continue with the "Quest for 20" by running until I have to stop. I did 11 minutes last time, so if I can make it to 13, I'll be happy. However, my energy level is really low right now, so not sure if I'll make it or not?

I spent yesterday at the hospital getting my eye checked out... apparently I have "pink eye", which is no big deal. I've had it before when my son was young. But since neither of the kids have it, and I don't know where I got it, they wanted to do some tests to make sure it wasn't something else. Well, now I know my eyes are great... except for the pink eye. 3 different doctors checked them out, so I had drops in on 3 different times.... Yuck!

Wow, it's been slow today!

I did my run, and made some improvement over Monday. I ran the total 20 min, but had to stop to catch my breath a few times, so walked in between for a min at a time. So I did: 13 run; 1 walk; 3 run; 1 walk; 2 run; 1 walk; 2 run; cool down. I felt really good up until about 12:45, then I just couldn't catch my breath. I think it was a bit psychological, because I set my goal at 13 min, so my body gave me all it had until then. I notice that after I stop the first time, I have a hard time keeping it going after that... hence all the short runs.

Lyn, I tried your breathing advice "in - TWO" and IT WORKED!!! I kept doing it whenever I couldn't really catch my breath and it really helped!!! THANKS!!! It also helped that I ran at a slower pace. Instead of the 4.5, I ran at 4.3 and I could sustain it longer.

Oh, I love my running. It makes me feel so much stronger, and has helped me deal with my stress!

well, we have been out since 8 this morning. We had parent visits and the a preplacement visit for my kiddos. I really liked the family that they will be going to live with. They were very very nice. I really feel good about it. I will take them to their new home Tuesday. I am going to run late tonight. I am actually thinking of moving on to week 9. I have only done 1 day of week 8, but then I ran 3 more minutes after the cool down. week 9 is only 2 minutes longer than week 8, and I think I am ready, so we'll see. I can't believe I am almost running 5k. Pretty cool. I am really tired tonight and thought about not running, but it seems to be calming these days (boy, I never thought I would say that!!).

Way to go on the run Kathy!! That is awesome. You will cut out those 1 minute walks in no time!!

Mamato, How are you today??

Kathy,

I'm in the same place - can't do the 20 minutes -- I did 9 minutes then 5 of walking then another 9 minutes of jogging. The next day (yesterday) I did 10min each of jogging and 4 minute of walking in the middle. Tomorrow - I'm going for 11 or 12 minutes each of walking and cutting short the warm up and cool down periods so I'm still at 30 minutes (have to get out of the gym quick to pick up DS from dayccare). So I'm calling it the modified for me c25k from now on! LOL

Serenity

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. My life is a whirlwind right now. I'm not sure I know which way is up. DH had a pretty good day today. They finally have his pain tolerable and he is able to rest. We got the results of the culture today and he has MRSA! ughhh! I really can't believe this is all happening. I know there is always a chance to develop an infection with surgery, but geez we really need a break here. I want to make him better so badly and I feel so helpless. I just keep trying to work through one day at a time and not worry about how to get through all of this. I am praying there is not going to be any long term consequences from the infection.

I hope to get some running in tomorrow. I bought the Jillian Michaels DVD's and I am excited to try one of those after I get the house cleaned up tonight. I love the running, but any exercise is better then nothing. I hope these DVD's kick my butt like she kicks butt on t.v!

I have the set of 5 dvd's of Jillian's and they definately kick my butt!!! I skipped them yesterday. Is your DH at the same hospital that you work at? I'm glad his pain is better. Hang in there!

Mamato

I have been reading your posts and my heart really goes out to you. You and your family are in my prayers. Take care.

Jeannie

Serenity... modifications work too!!! Sounds like you have the right plan going.

Renewed... I'm glad the family is nice and you feel good about them. I'll keep you in my prayers all weekend and on Tuesday as your family transitions. Way to go on the run! You're going to hit your "Graduation Day" next week! Congrats!

Mamato... My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. Hang in there. I don't know much about MRSA, but if they know what it is, they must know how to treat it, and he will heal up. Take care, and enjoy your time to unwind with your running.