Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Bonnie - I have decided that speed does not matter as long as you do the time. The speed will come. Great job running 25 minutes!!!!

Me on the other hand decided to go back to Week 3. Well I walked out of the house and forgot to look at Week 3's program. ( I run the old fashion way - with a stop watch) It has been 3 weeks since I have ran week 3 so I sort of just winged it. I did not do my intervals just right, but I will count it as a success!!! One of my 3 minutes, I ran 4.

Bonnie~ Congrats on the 25 minutes! That's awesome!!

Sugar~ Good for you! I would say that was a total success!

Unfortunately, it's back to the RICE program for me. Yet again, I can barely walk today. I felt really good last night but this morning was like night and day in comparison to last night. I'm a little bummed but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm wondering if it is the medial meniscus because it's hurting in the area he told me it would be. I guess I'll make another appointment and get the x-rays.

Georgia - I am so sorry. I know you are frustrated. By all means get back to the doctor and get an x-ray. I am not sure why they did not do one to start with.

Georgia - I am so sorry. I know you are frustrated. By all means get back to the doctor and get an x-ray. I am not sure why they did not do one to start with.

Well, I think the reason he didn't do x-rays is because my knee wasn't bothering me anymore since I had not ran in almost 2 weeks. I didn't feel any pain during his examination and he didn't feel any Fluid build-up. He said if it started bothering me again, we would do x-rays.

I really wasn't all that impressed with this doctor. During the exam he kinda smarted off at me. He asked me if I noticed any swelling during the time it was hurting and I went on to tell him that I could feel some fluid when I touched a certain spot and he said "that's not what I asked you, I asked you if you could visibly see any swelling". It took me by surprise a little. I'm willing to give anyone a second chance but if he smarts off at me again, I will pick up my things and leave!!

So sorry Georgia. I would definately get x rays as well. And, If you don't feel comfortable with what he says then go to someone else. I hope it get better really soon.

So Sorry Bonnie, I was thinking week 5 not week 6. WAY TO GO ON THE 25 MINUTES!!!!! That is awesome. 25 minutes was really hard for me. You are doing great.

Mamato - Hope your DH is feeling much better real soon. It is really hard to watch someone you care about hurting and taking care of them is very taxing too. YOu will be in my prayers. Hang in there.

Today I am giong through clothes to begin preparing for the kiddos to leave. I have a closet full of bags of clothes. Friends have given us lots of clothes that don't necessarily fit now but will later, so I have saved lots of clothes. Mixed in with these clothes are things that came with the kids that I will need to send back, so I have to go through it all. YUCK. I am going to take a break sometime today and run. It has been too many days. It really is a nice distraction for me. I will probably run during nap time. I haven't run since Tuesday. I hope I still still complete my run.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

Since I have been home from vacation; I have not run once! Darn it. It is too hot after work, I get up at 5:00 now to go to work. I think I am going to buy a treadmill. Any suggestions on types?

PS. I weighed myself after one week I lost another pount (178.0) I really needed the reassurence that I was on track even without the run this week. I think I will get my run in both Sat and Sun. I know we are suppose to rest in between, but I think I have read that some of you have done it several days straight without a porblem. Is that right?

Bonnie 25 miinutes (I am so proud of you) You are my mentor!

I have a Gold's Gym 450 treadmill I got at Walmart. I really like it. I have run without a resting day, but I am convinced that our bodies need rest. As you know, I will push my body to the limit without resting. I have learned that is not always the best thing for my body. I am really trying to learn to find balance. Will I ever run 2 days in a row again?? I'm sure I will, but I can tell a HUGE difference after giving my body of couple of days of rest.

I just finished week 7 day 3. It wasn't too bad. I am giong to move on to week 8 on Monday. I haven't gone through any of the kids clothes, but it felt really good to run. It seems that something that was once so foreign to me (running) has now become one of the only constants in my life right now. Who woulda thought????

I clean out my closet and drawers today. Got rid of sizes I never intend to wear again. It felt like a cleansing moment. I am all organized for my new little clothes to come.

I looked at some treadmills at Sears. They are so big and clunky. I was hoping for something a little more streamline but sturdy.

I will check out Walmart. Thanks

Georgia... sorry, when I PM'd you I hadn't read the posts yet for the day. I'm so sorry about your knee. Definately sounds like your meniscus.

When I had my problem, they did x-rays. I was told this won't show any tear in the meniscus, as the x-ray only shows bones, not tissue. Apparently you need a MRI for that. However, the x-ray will show bone shards, which could be the cause.

After the x-ray, I had a bone scan of my total body... that was weird! That showed the arthritis in my knees, hips, back and hands. Yeah! I have not had an MRI, as in Canada there is about a 8-10 month wait for one, and usually only for emergencies... so I didn't bother, as I won't be having surgury.

Get your x-ray done!! 1st step. And if you don't like the doc, get a different one! Also talk to him about physiotherapy. Certainly helped me a lot!

Renewed, glad to hear your run went well. My DH often turns to running to relieve his stress! It's his time to get away from everything. Use it if it works for you!

Lyn, I have a Bodyguard treadmill. It has a shock absorbing tread which is great for running and for my bones! We got it at a fitness place.

Its been almost 2 weeks and I haven't stepped on the scales!!! However, I really don't think I'm down any! :thumbup: I'm going to wait until Labour Day to weigh. I just hope to see some weight loss by then.

kathy, I haven't weighed either, and I don't really feel like I am losing either. I do seem to be stressing less and less over the scales. I am even thinking I may forgo my scales completely and only weigh in once a month at the doctor. I don't know though.

I haven't been wearing my bodybugg this week and haven't logged my food. I am putting it back on tonight and will begin logging.

BTW, I read today that Michael Phelps consumes up to 10,000 calories a day!!!! WOW!! Obviously I don't need 10,000, but our bosies do need fuel for our running. So, remember to get in lots of good healthy calories.

Well Sugar, you did better than me...I wouldn't even join that challenge...no way! I am a scales addict and I am not ready to give that up. I have given up junk food, fast food, sugar, soda, and laziness all in two months. Giving up the scales is out of the question!!

Is anyone else having problems getting onto this site? I keep getting error messages, and am wondering if its just me?

Oh well... I'm here now.

Today I'm going to give my 20min run a try... wish me luck! I will consider it a success if I make it to 10min!