Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Wow, I've had a lot to catch up on. I've tried to read everything at work today and got overwhelmed. Finally got a minute to sit down when the kids got to bed.

Renewed - my heart is breaking for you. I know you love your kids - all of them. Like you stated earlier, you have to love them enough to let them go. You've given them love and a start at a new life they may have never gotten if it weren't for you. They will forever be changed for that, including the baby. I know my life was changed by someone I don't remember, my foster mom. I still love her though - she loved me as I was her own and loved me enough to let me go too. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I know I haven't posted as long as some of the others, but know we are here if you need us.

I think knowing what you've been going through lately and you still pushing to get your running in is phenomenal! Maybe it's your outlet. I think that's why you were pushing yourself so hard. Sometimes that's what we need. An outlet when things get tough. I'd like to say hang in there, but that doesn't quite say enough. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy - Wow! Fingernails sweating? I can relate - LOL...I'm proud of and for you for being able to finish. I can't wait to be there! I'm ready to move on to week 3! I'm glad to hear your interview went well. It will be a relief to finally have some closure and security again. When DH and I were both jobless and I pregnant and with a two year old that was the most stressful time of my life (I think that's when I gained the most weight).

I think it's admirable in spite of personal problems, I'm sure we don't always voice them, everyone on this thread still finds time for themselves. Your not just giving up and stopping. You're strong and absolutely the most devoted and amazing group of individuals I've ever come across. I'm proud to be part of this group. You truly inspire me.

Thanks Leslie. Yesterday when I ran my 25 minutes without pooping out, I told DH that I didn't know if I was really progressing in my running or if I had so much pent up emoion that I was just able to run it out. Either way, it felt so good. Today was not a running day, but I will run tommorow. I have decided to forgo my Jillian dvd's this week as the dust settles. I am going to make sure I make good eating choices and I run every other day. That's it for this week.

All of your kind words are so appreciated. It is so weird. I have never "met" any of you, but I can feel the sincerity of your posts. This is definately the best thread I have ever been a part of. You all rock!! I feel so much better tonight.

BTW, I LVE the olympics. DH does not. So he sits in the living room with me, and while I watch the olympics he plays mariocart on his nintendo ds. The perfect comprimise. LOL

Micheal Phelps ROCKS!!! I need to go to bed, but I am staying up to watch him run (oops, I meant swim) LOL

Renewed - I am so glad that you are relying on the Lord for your strength. It reminds me of my favorite bible verse. Proverbs 3:5 and 6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. God does have a plan for each one of the kids. He just used you and your DH for a wonderful, stable beginning. My prayers are with you. I know this will be difficult, but just know it is God's plan.

And yes, I could watch Phelps swim all day long. He is just amazing. I just love the spirit of the Olympics. I can watch any sport summer or winter.

Sugar, Georgia actually PM'd me that verse yesterday. It is one of my favorites. I am very blessed to have been given the opportunity to care for them for this short time, and pray for them from now on. It's a pretty special deal, and it won't end when they leave. They probably won't know it, but Mama Amy will be praying for them often.

I am in agreement with all of you. Michael Phelps ROCKS! I am loving the Olympics this year, especially the swimming. I do not understand how his body endures all the swims he participates in. They named off his 'typical' Breakfast and it's more than most of us eat in a day! I'd say he needs it, lol.

I did the Wii Fit for a total of 52 minutes tonight! That hula hoop one really gets my heart going!

I have cautiously optomisitic news. Our social worker just called and they have found a placement where all 3 of my kiddos will go live together. I would get to take them for a preplacement visit and meet the family they will go to. Then they would come home for a couple of days and then I would take them to live there. This way, they won't be taken to strangers, but to someone that I have introduced them to. The family is also willing to maintain contact with us during the transition. They already have a special needs child so they understand what they are getting into with Shawn. See Kathy, I told you God has a Kathy out there for my Baby Shawn. I couldn't have asked for anything more. We are waiting for the state to approve the placement. Keep praying.

Girls - Week 4 has kicked my butt once again. I have decided to go back to Week 3 for a day or two. I guess I got off track when I did my legs. I am not discouraged, because I know I can do this. I have to set realistic goals for my running. It is obvious that I will not be able to run the whole 5k on Sept 6th. I am okay with walking part of it but not the majority of it. So we will see how I progress between now and then. There will be other races.

My running partner (Dee) for the 5k was in the hospital earlier this week. She thought she had a heart attack. The doctor says no, but she is awaiting test results. She is a retired school teacher training for a half marathon at Disney World in January. She is supposed to run it with her neice. Please keep her in your prayers.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Sugar - I hope week 3 goes well for you. I'll start it Monday.

I am so upset. I haven't lost anything in six weeks. I weighed today expecting to have a small loss. I gained .5 in the past two weeks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This plateau has really gotten me down. I was hoping a hiatas from the scales would be a good thing. I've been running and following all the rules. Why is my body fighting me so bad.

g-girl, I know what you mean about the wii fit hula hoop. I am doing the 6 minute segment (which gives you 7 minutes credit) and I TRIED 10 minutes and couldn't do it. i thought about starting a wii fit thread so we can go on and on about wii fit because I certainly could. I am still struggling with the Tree Pose even WHILE I am hanging on to a chair! I just cant keep my leg up there. The shoulder stand is CRAZY. I am getting better, but I am sure I look NOTHING like what my trainer does! I put in an hour on wii fit today.

renewed-I am so glad things are working out for your kids and their placement. I will continue to pray for them and for you and your hubby.

Leslie-I am sending anti-stall prayers your way! Thats very frustating! Thats usually when I would give up...BUT DON'T! However, some people do say "have a splurge for a day" and then you will start losing after that. Maybe that would work...either that or you would gain 3 pounds and be even more sad!!! So I don't have any answers for you, seems like everyone stalls at some point but don't give up! You will get there!

Renewed.... I'm praying for your kids! If this works out it would be wonderful to keep them all together. Keep us posted.

Georgia... for some reason that "hula hula" song from the 50's came to mind! lol. Keep wii'in girl. I've got my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

Sugar... I hope your friend is ok. Maybe her training has been too intense. Keep training for your 5k, and maybe you'll be able to do 10 min intervals. That's my goal as I'm planning to run my 5k on Sept 7th and know I can't run the full one by then.

Leslie... Oh how frustrating! Does that scale measure your % body fat? If so, maybe you've lost fat and replaced it with muscle? Keep at it and you will eventually get through the plateau. Careful not to cut back on the calories as you will just send your body into starvation mode and cut your metabolism. I read somewhere that if you increase your calories (healthily) and increase your weight training, that will help boost your metabolism. Then you should start to lose?? Stay strong!

Bonnie... keep wii'ing. You're a wii queen!

DH and I went for another round of golf today. Oh man am I wacked! My legs and arms ache, and I'm really tired. I guess 2 rounds of golf and 2 runs over the past 4 days is too much for this body! But we did have fun! It was our last free round, and DH's vacation is over soon, so it was nice to have the day together without the kids. Did you know that a round of golf, according to TDP, burns about 2000 calories! How cool.

Renewed~ Glad to hear that the kiddos might be placed together. I'm praying it works out.

Sugar~ If I get the "all clear" to run tomorrow, I'll be right there with you, on week 3! I hope it won't be too hard to get back in the grove of it. I hope your friend is okay. Praying she gets better soon.

Leslie~ I know how you feel. Plateauing STINKS! It's so easy to get discourage too. Your body will eventually catch up and start losing again. Waiting is soooo hard though. Hang in there.

Bonnie~ My abs are so sore today!! I hula hooped my butt off yesterday and I am feeling it today, lol! I really haven't done much with the yoga....it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I like the aerobics stuff the best!

Kathy~ I didn't know golf burned that many calories. Very cool though. It's great that you have an activity to do that you and your DH like to do.

I haven't done any sort of exercise today. I've been gone all day and I'm pooped.

Leslie, my trainer told me that plateaus are good when you are lossing weight and building muscle. She said it is your body's way of making a new SET POINT. Just keep eating right and exercising it will coming soon. It is frustrating as heck isn't it.

Hello all! I went to the doctor about my knee today and he cleared me to run!! Whoooo Hooooo! I'm so excited to run tonight!!

He thinks it probably happened when I stepped in that hole. He thinks it was a sprain (or strain). He said if it starts hurting again to come back for x-rays. He said if it continues to bother me, it could be the medial meniscus (inside meniscus). So, ya'll keep your fingers crossed that it is healed!!

I asked him if I should run outside or on the treadmill and he said it depends. Running outside on pavement is hardly any different from the treadmill. He said some of the newer treadmills are made to give a little, so I'll ask a trainer today which treadmill is best for running. He mentioned running at the high school track too. He said it's made with a certain kind of material that gives a little when you run. I think I'll try the treadmill first, since it's soooo hot right now.

Anywho, I'm really excited that I get to run again. I'm going to attempt to try picking back up at week 3. It's been at least 10 days since I have ran, but I'm hoping it won't be that hard to get back into the swing of it.