Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I ran this morning. It was so much easier in the morning than it is at 6:00 at night. I poked fun at Whosya a couple weeks ago for getting up so early, but I think he's onto something. I also feel wonderful today - I have energy and know I don't have to workout tonight...it's done! I can now go home and spend time with my kids and family. I usually get home 7:30ish and feel bad because I've missed out on time with them. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll end up being a morning person. Just gotta work out the school bus schedule with DH.

Bonnie... you rock! Start visualizing yourself at the finish line, cause you are going to do a 5k in no time!

scale challenged friends... here's a good one for you... I tried going on LBT last night and again today, and it was not coming up. I couldn't get on the site from 9:30pm to just now (3:30pm). That's only 18 hours. But I went into shock mode. It was more frightening to me than not weighing on my scale. That's how important you all are.

Ok... my interview went really well. But it will take a few weeks to hear back, so not getting my hopes up yet.

I'm going to do day 1 week 5 tonight!

Bonnie, you only have to run 20 minutes on Friday:)) I shouldn't have told you, then you would be going thinking you had 5 minutes left and you'd here the cool down tones. You will do awesome.

I am having a rough week. I wasn't going to share this on here, but here's the short version. After much prayer and discussion, DH and i have decided not to do foster care anymore. We are also not going to adopt the baby we have had for 9 months. He came to live with us when he was 3 weeks old. Anyway, DH has really tried hard, but is having a very hard time adjusting to all of the noise and kid stuff. To put it bluntly, he is pretty miserable. As much as I love these little kids, we must protect our relationship first. We have been together since I was 16 and we are the VERY best of friends. I can't stand the thought of him being miserable from now on because he feels obligated. Anyway, within the next 30 days our baby, 2 and 4 year olds will go live somewhere else. We will then be a family of 4. Dalton is 8 and Dylan is 21 months. I can't even imagine only having 2 kids. I am very sad, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I look forward to some of the freedoms it will bring. I will be able to be much more active. Anyway, I share this with yall because I am having a hard time the last couple of days making myself eat right and run. I have pushed through so far, and don't want to make bad choices to meet emotional needs. It doesn't work. I spent my adulthood learning that. now it's time to put what I have learned into practice.

So......my dear friends, don't let me fall off the wagon!!!

ohhh renewed, your post made me sad. I am soooo sorry. I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. Have you even begun to think about how you will tell the older kids? Would your husband even consider keeping the baby? How much longer will get to keep the kids?

We will always be here for you! Dont you worry about that. What you have done for those kids was amazing. You did your very best to give them a good life, even it was for a short amount of time. You will always have a special place in their hearts and of course they will always be in yours. I wish I could be there to give you a hug right now!

We will be here to motivate you like you have done for all of us.

btw, thanks for the 20 minute info. I thought the podrunner info said 25 minutes this friday! Woo Hoo!

Renewed - You and your DH have given the little ones an amazing start. (I am so glad someone did that for my DS before we adopted him.) Your marriage is important.

The kids will leave sometime in the next 30 days. It just depends on how long it takes to find a placement. We have already told our older son. We just told himt he truth. We told him how we struggle to give them each one what they need. We told him that baby Shawn will go to live with a family that can better meet his special needs. He really understands, because he can see the strain. Don't get me wrong, DH and I have a wonderful marriage. I would put up against anyone I know, so I am not having to do this to save my marriage. More than that, I value the relationship we have and want to protect it. After all, that is how we got where we are. If I asked him to keep the baby and pushed him, then he would do it, but that is not fair to him or the baby. Baby Shawn has some special needs and, while he is the best, he is going to require a lot of care and attention. I believe with all my heart, that God has chosen a family for him, where both mom and dad are 100% committed to helping him thrive and grow. I wouldn't want anything less than that for him. I keep thinking of the saying, "Sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go." Well, that is how I feel with the baby. I feel blessed and honored to have been able to give him a healthy happy start. Thanks for what you said Sugar. I will definately send pictures and make him a lifebook of his first year so his new mom and dad will know how much he was loved. I am not going to tell the other 2 until right before. They are so young. I think I am going to tell them that another family wants a chance to love them and take care of them because they are sooooo special. I want this to be as positive for them as possible. They are prescious little guys. A blessing to anyone. I know in my heart it is the right thing to do, but man that doesn't make it any easier.

I am so proud to know you, even if it is online. You were in their little lives when you were suppose to be with them. You gave so much of yourselves to them. You are right, you have to be able to do something like that as a couple. Your husband sounds like a good man, and his ability to share his deep down feelings with you is a testiment of your love and commitment to each other.

We will always support you and encourage you in any aspect of your life. What you are going through will take a toll on every inch of your being; remember to take of you.

You are in my prayers, Lynn

I'm new on this thread and wondering if anyone could help me find the link to download the workout from the couch 2 5k. I have looked everywhere on that site and can not find it. I thought it would be easier if i could download the music/training to my IPOD. My doctor says I need to start doing more than just walk every day. I don't know about jogging or running, but i wll give it a try. You guys make it sound easy.

Thanks Lyn. DH is awesome. I am trying to be very careful and not make him sound hard, because he is anything but. He was adopted, and 1 of our sons is adopted, so it isn't the whole adoption thing. He just hasn't adjusted well to 4 new kids in 1 1/2 years. He has tried really hard for almost a year to make the adjustment. he really wanted to be the solution for these 3 kids. The biggest thing we have learned through this is that God has a plan for all of us and these kiddos. We weren't meant to "save" them. We are just supposed to be obedient to what God has commanded of us. I feel like we have done that. Now, as DH says, we need to retreat and refocus on HIM and HE will direct our path.... Sorry I have highjacked the thread. You guys are the bomb!!!

Renewed... I'm sending you a great big hug and lots of prayers. I know what you are going through! In the first year Sarah was with us my DH was back and forth whether he could 100% committ or not. It was an emotional rollarcoaster. But just when we finally decided it was too much, he realized he couldn't go on without her. It took removing her (in emotional theory) for him to realize he was able to committ. It was all to do with her special needs, and now 2 years later, there are days that I wonder if it was the right decision. But then I give my head a shake and know my life is complete only with her in it!

I'm like you. I would never jeopordise my relationship with my DH. He is way too important to me. I'm thankful that it worked out for us, but so sad for you. I'm wishing you and your family all the strength in the next few months! Hugs!

I admire you Kathy. There is a family like your's waiting for my Baby Shawn. They are going to be blessed more than they could imagine!!

Renewed... you'll get through this, and we'll all be here to help push you along on the other goals that might take a bit of a backseat!

Well, I did it! Day one, week 5!!! (3x 5min) OMG it was soooo hard! I did the first 5 min and was already tired at that point and I thought to myself... "I'm not going to make it tonight. Ok, just give up after 3 min on the 2nd interval." At 2-1/2 min during the 2nd interval I was struggling, but wanted to push to 3 min. But at 3min I found my second wind and was able to complete it. Then for the final interval I decided to give it all I had, and again at 2-1/2 min I was just about dead. Then found my second wind and finished. Then I got cocky :biggrin:! I walked for 2 min of the cool down and then ran the final minute!!!

I figured that in week 4 you do a total of 16 min running over the 4 intervals. In week 5 day 1, you do a total of 15 min in 3 intervals. So I wanted to still run the 16 min... so I added the last min!

And thanks Georgia and Sugar for the advice... I drank a cold glass of milk afterwards, and it was the BEST milk I've had since being banded! LOL.

I can't believe I did 3x 5 min! I was really sucking wind for half the time, and would never want anyone to see me run in that condition... but I did it. And man, did I sweat! Even my fingernails were sweating. LOL.

When I was just about to give up the first time... I thought of Bonnie! You are doing so well. Here you are, running like a champ, not banded, so dedicated and making it through each week. Your success gave me that extra little energy to push a bit further. Thank you!

I don't know if I'll be able to do day 2 of this week (2x 8min), but will attempt it!

Renewed~ You have become a wonderful friend of mine. I think you are so AMAZING. We've shared a lot with each other through PM's and I know you and your DH love each and every one of those kids. I'm in total awe of ya'll because I don't think I could have made the sacrifices ya'll did for those kids. I too believe God has a plan for those kids and ya'll played a big part in it, but there is more to come.

We are here for you. That's what I love about this thread, it feels like family. Hang in there. I'm sending you big cyber hugs and praying for your family.

WTG Kathy! You ran for 5 minutes straight....3 times!! Whooo Hooooo!

I am hoping I get the "all clear" to run again on Friday. I can't wait to start again!! I'm about to do some Wii Fit now, so talk to ya'll later!!

I'm new on this thread and wondering if anyone could help me find the link to download the workout from the couch 2 5k. I have looked everywhere on that site and can not find it. I thought it would be easier if i could download the music/training to my IPOD. My doctor says I need to start doing more than just walk every day. I don't know about jogging or running, but i wll give it a try. You guys make it sound easy.

Welcom DRH... it's not easy, but is fun and so worth it. I'm in week 5, and really never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever get this far, and enjoy it too!

I use my Ipod too... couldn't make it without it! Here's the link to the Podrunner Intervals "First Day to 5k" download site:

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music for 5K Training

Here's the link to the chart outlining what each week is set at:

First Day 2 5K - Printable Outline

Enjoy!