Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I haven't ran since Wednesday! I sure do miss it, but my knee is not ready. I am going to hold off on running until I hear from my doctor Friday and maybe do some swimming until then.

Renewed~ Good for you! I'm glad you are listening to your body. Don't worry about having to repeat. I know you will work up to the 25 minutes. If anyone can do it, you can!!

Leslie~ I'm glad you got some new shoes. It really does make a world of difference when you have a good pair. I really like my Nike Shox.

Hi everyone. I am Jeannie and have been lurking on here for quite a while. I have been working on week one for a couplke of weeks now, so i guess it is time to move to week two. (Leslie, I'll see you tomorrow!! Are you going to week three?) My question is have any of you actually put this trainign into action and done a 5k? I am going to do one in Novemebr and am a little worried I may not be ready. ANY input would be appreciated. Thanks yall!

Hey Jeannie! I'm glad you posted. Hopefully my knee will clear up soon so I can get back in gear training for our 5K in November. I think we will be ready, even if we had to walk some it, that's okay. I'm really excited about it!!

Good luck with week 2!!

Georgia

I am so excited about November. I am sure we will do great if we have to walk it will be ok, I am sure we will not be the only ones. I just realized that the 5K will be two days after my one year bandiversary! I could not have even dreamed of doing a 5k last year, my band is awesome!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Jeannie!!! Hey girl...I'll see you tomorrow. I may be a little late. We are signing up a business for a 401(k) at 4:30 and I have to go to do the paperwork (about 40 people). I'm hoping to be to the gym by 6:00 but looking at a more realistic 7:00. I'll call you tomorrow :-)

I'm excited too about the 5k in November. Are we still doing the one mile next month? I downloaded the entry forms - I'm excited to go meet Georgia again (on her home turf) :-). I'll bring the forms then too.

I think I'm repeating week two again. I haven't been as consistant this week as I'd like. I don't feel ready for week three yet. J - are you moving forwards to week 2?

Jeannie - Welcome - Yes, some of us are getting ready to do a 5k in the upcoming months. Myself and a retired teacher friend plan to run/walk a 5k in early September.

I should be on week 6, but a few weeks ago I had EVLT (Endo Venous Laser Treatment - for varicose veins) so it put me behind. I think I am going to start back on week 4 in the morning. I have ran several times since I have had my surgery, but just not intervals. So week 4, here we go.

How are my scale challenge buddies doing? It will be a week tomorrow.

I am doing suprisingly well. That is not to say I won't break tomorrow. I actually did a 1 week scale challenge last week. That about drove me crazy, but I made it through. So this week has been good, but we have three more to go. :thumbup:

Hey run buddies, I am home. I figured out why the emotion low>>> surprise (shhh girls only..I started my period) It explains alot.

I am home from vacation and ready to kick week 4 day 2 to the gutter!! Tomorrow after work, I am going straight to the gym.

I am hanging in there without my scales; but what if...... OK OK, I can do it until Thursday at my offical post op appointment.

I am so glad to know that by my November 5K run, I will be thinner and physically prepared to run it.

OK, Off to bed.

I have still not weighed, but man do I want to. I am going to hold out!! Can you believe it has only been 1 week. I feel like I am losing, and I was thinking I must have lost a bunch by now, and then I realized it has only been 1 week. Feels like much longer!! We can do this! I don't go back to the doctor until the 2nd, so no sneak peeks for me....

Glad you are home safe and sound Lyn. TOM definately makes me emotional. I didn't have regular periods for about 10 years prior to being banded, but I have these last 6 or 7 months. I had forgotten how irritating PMS and the whole TOM thing is. It comes way too often.

EEe Gads!! I almost feel like I am starting over. I did Week 4 and did not finish it, close, but no cigar. I thought with me still running some I would do okay when I started back on the program. I guess not doing intervals for the last two weeks really put me behind. Oh well, it will get better.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks for the link SugarBean - I read it. It looks like I bought the right shoe for my foot type. I have a normal to high arch.

Although I didn't join in the no weigh challenge - I can't wait a whole month to weigh. It would drive me crazy! However, It has been two weeks since I stepped on a scale. I even put my scale at home in the top of my closet - so I couldn't be tempted. I'm waiting until Thursday to weigh and can't wait! I'm hoping for a good number. TOM is almost here - weird, I lose the most then and am the tightest...praying for a good number.

It sounds like a lot of us are doing 5K's in November. Cool!

Georgia, Jeannie and I are on November 8th. When is everyone else's 5K?

I am planning on doing one on Sept 6th. YIKES!!! A retired teacher friend and I plan to do it together. That is only 4 weeks away. I struggled with week 4 this morning. If I am lucky, I will be on week 7 at that time. So I expect to walk some of it. If I can get that 20 minute run in, I will feel much better about doing the 5k in September. I wish is were later in the month, but you gotta do it when there is one in this small town.

I am missing my scales too! I can't believe I have lasted this long. It's probably a good thing I'm not weighing because I had a weekend of bad food choices. I am back on track today and ready to get busy!

Okay, I found something online for swimming. It's kinda like the couch to 5k but for swimming. I thought I would post it for those who like to swim on off running days. Whosya said swimming was an excellent exercise to do on off running day since it is completely opposite of running. It looks pretty hard but I may give it try.

Here is the link --> About.com: http://www.ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks Georgia! I like the program. I may try it. I usually just swim until I can't go anymore. How are you doing? Did ya'll swim yesterday? I have my run tonight - and am going to swim tomorrow night.