Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Lyn, It really is nice to have the seclusion of being away, but you will be glad to be home as well.

Georgia, Way to go on the swimming. I really should go swimming at our gym. It does burn tons of calories.

Ok, I did week 7 day 1 again today. I did the 25 minute interval. There were a couple of times that I had to step on the side of the treadmill and catch my breath (probably 20 - 30 sec) and then right back going. I am still going to count it. I can't believe what a difference there is for me increasing from 20 to 25. It seems like soooooo much longer. It is really pushing me, but I did it!! Yeah. Now I will run it again tommorow to get me back on track!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Amy

Tootie... congrats on finishing week 1... you're on your way now! Don't push it... give yourself the rest days, as it gives your body a chance to build the muscles and bone density.

Georgia... I love swimming and wish I had a pool or easier access to one. congrats on keeping the cardio going.

Renewed... good for you on waiting until today. That's great on the 25 min.

Sugar... hope your son has a good time performing. I love the sound of a mandoline. I played flute in university and had a friend who played mandoline.

Mamato... yeah, week 6! Great job.

Leslie... my Mom's family is crazy too! Love them dearly, and wow are thy fun, but totaly whacked! Must be where my crazy side comes from.

Lyn... cheer up. This was an important time for you to be self centred, but now its time to come home and back to reality. I felt really emotional about 2 weeks post-op, but I blamed mine on my doc's very restrictive diet (clear fluids for 7 days and then full fluids for 14 days!!!).

Well I did day 2 of Week 4 today and it was really hard! I didn't do so well today. I probably didn't have enough food in me.

Ever since my car accident on Monday, I haven't been able to get much food down. Sometimes my band feels tighter than other times... usually stress does it. So lately, I can only get about 1/2 of what I usually eat down, and often not even that.

This morning I didn't have any fruit, yogurt or my Cereal left (grocery day), so all I had was a meal shake before my run. I don't usually have these but its all that was there.

So right from the start of the run I knew I was going to have a tough time. I did the first 3 & 5 min interval ok, but then the 2nd 3 min interval I had to slow it way down. Then the final 5 min interval I had slow way down and to do in 3 segments: 2 min/1.5 min/1.5 min, walking for a minute each in between.

I don't feel very good about it, but I'll take it! I don't think I'll move onto week 5 until I can do the full run confidently.

Next week my DH is on vacation, so we are going to go out one day and run together... his idea, not mine! It will be my first outside run.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I have new shoes! I am so excited!!! I went to Lady Foot Locker and asked the manager what kind I needed to buy. We don't have any specialty running stores around here. Ended up getting the Nike Shocks. I can't wait to get out and try them. I'm going running tomorrow - I haven't been home very long and didn't get to go today before it got dark.

She also sold me a pair of inserts - normally I don't buy "extra" stuff, but she put one in the pair I was trying on. So I tried on one with and one without. They are SO comfortable. The inserts have a one year warranty/guarantee. If they get worn out - and she said they would - bring them back for new ones :-)

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yes - She measured my foot before. I tried on several pair and styles. I'm down a size. I've had to buy new dress shoes in the past month too. I wonder if it is done or if it will shink more? I've gotten addicted to shoes and shoe shopping.

I want to go running in the dark! I'm like a little kid with a new toy - lol

I want to run today!!! I know it's my rest day, but I want to run to try and improve. so maybe I'll stop taking my own advice and go ahead and run?

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm going to run today! I'm excited and so ready. I'm about to download the podcast - or attempt to. I'm usually pretty good with computers, but I haven't managed to download it. I think my work computers has too many firewalls and it won't let me! I'm tryingfrom the house today. I hope everyone has a great day!

I just finished my run, and it didn't go as well as I would have liked. I walked most of the last 5 minutes. Here's what I have come to. I have increased my calories. I took a nap today. I didn't do a jillian video. I don't know if it is mentally or physically, but I just am not ready to comfortably run for 25 minutes. I have chosen to accept where I am and quit trying to push my body where it isn't ready to go. So.....I will be doing week 7 for a couple of weeks and I have no doubt that I will get there. I am just not ready. Actually I feel quite relieved to have admitted this to myself. Now I can be proud of today's run and all I have accomplished and look forward to improving on it on Monday.

I know there are a lot of us running today. How did everyone else's run go??

Phew, I am wiped out. I have been the "bus driver" for my 11 year old son. He and the band have played two different family reunions this week end. He is practically playing all his waking hours. I think I hear blugrass music in my sleep. I like bluegrass (but don't love it) I don't think they perfrom for a couple more weeks but, of course, soccer starts. I guess my "bus driver" job is permanent.

I have not ran since Thursday night. (since I whined like a baby because I didn't do as well as I think I should) My left leg is still bruised and a little sore, but I think I am going to run in the morning. I just have not decided which week I should do. I was supposed to start week 4 when I had my first EVLT two weeks ago. I have ran about 5 times in the last two weeks, but not intervals. One day, I ran about 8 minutes. Where do you think I should start in the morning. Week 4 or Week 5?

Renewed... don't worry about your running. You will build up to the 25 min and further when your body is ready. At your speed it would only take you about 30 min to run the 5 k, so you're almost there!

Leslie... how's the shoes?

I didn't run yet. We decided to take a bit of a road trip today instead of staying in the house in the rain. So we're back now and making dinner. I might choose to run later.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I just got through with my run. The shoes make a world of difference! My feet don't hurt - just sore.

My 6 year old ran with me - she loved it. I ran outside - it was HOT. Finished week 2.

Hi everyone. I am Jeannie and have been lurking on here for quite a while. I have been working on week one for a couplke of weeks now, so i guess it is time to move to week two. (Leslie, I'll see you tomorrow!! Are you going to week three?) My question is have any of you actually put this trainign into action and done a 5k? I am going to do one in Novemebr and am a little worried I may not be ready. ANY input would be appreciated. Thanks yall!