Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I am getting ready to go to bed and I did not run again tonight. I am so proud of myself. How crazy does that sound. I will probably run tommorow, but I might even wait and repeat on Sunday. Goodnight all.

I just finished week one! Whew...Couldn't have done it without the inspiration of this group. Congrats Renewed and Bonnie on reaching 20 min. Way to go. I can't wait till I get there. Wow Whosya, 180 in 12 months. Happy Bandiversary. I can't wait to start week 2. I almost want to try to run every day so that I can keep the pace but I know myself way too well to know that I will get burned out and stop. I'm going to try to follow the program for this and see where it takes me.

tootie - Great job finishing week 1. I know that you are proud of yourself. I am each time I finish a run successfully. Stick to the plan, you will be less likely to get injured or burned out.

Renewed - Good job, just going to bed and not running again. Your body is working overtime, take a rest.

I will wait to run until tomorrow night. I don't typically do well if I run in the evenings, but I have to pick up my DS at camp in the morning and take him to the "Lilly Family Reunion" (The largest family reunion in the United States - 10,000 people - 3 day event) He plays mandolin in a bluegrass band and they preform there tomorrow afternoon.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm actually up at 11:30? What's wrong with me? LOL

Sugarbean - Have fun tomorrow! Three days of family? I think I'd die...don't get me wrong, I love family but can only take them a bit at a time.

Renewed - Diddo to everyone else - get some rest so you'll be ready for tomorrow

Tootie - congratulations on week 1! I have one more day of week 2. I hope I'm ready for week 3...whew!

Night all! I'm going to run tomorrow. Trying asphault - around the neighborhood. My first outdoor run. Wish me luck! :-)

Sugarbean - Have fun tomorrow! Three days of family? I think I'd die...don't get me wrong, I love family but can only take them a bit at a time.)

This is not my family reunion, my son is just performing there. I probably will not know a soul.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh - that's so much better! I can deal with strangers better than my family (my dad's family)! Most of them anyway...lets just say I wouldn't like to run into my dad's family in a dark alley.

My mom's side is fine...mostly (her moms). LONG family history, quite a few murders and murderers. Thank goodness I didn't inherit their blood - lol (just joking). I asked my grandfather once about his wifes family (curious), he said they were all crazy as hell. At 16 I didn't know how to take that. Now knowing the history - yep, makes sense.

But it is fun to get them together. Ever see dogs fight over a bone? I could be a very rich woman if I wrote a book about them. Talking about drama! That's my family reunions...I say that with love. I love all of them. I'd rather have them on my side than against me.

Your family sounds like a soap oprea.

My Mom's family is okay for the day. She is one of nine kids - I have 24 cousins on her side.

However, my Dad's family is much better. He is one of six kids - I have 16 cousins on his side. We used to spend the week together every summer at my uncle's house until he moved. He has 5 daughters - they just bought me a Creative Memories scrapbook for my "Weight Loss Journey" they all live in Pennsylvania. I grew up around the corner from them. I miss them alot.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Wow - big family! Sounds like ya'll are close.

I miss my mom's family. Both my grandparents have passed. They were a hoot! My grandmother's family (the ones with a dark past) are a riot. I would love to sit and be a fly on the wall. So many secrets. We've discovered a lot of them (mom and I). My grandmother was a twin and her twin is still living. The eldest sister is now 98. My grandmother's twin owns an antique shop in Alabama. It's in the same house she was born and raised in (as well as the other 8 kids). I love going there. I've always loved history and I love a mystery even more.

Good morning! Wow this thread was super busy yesterday while I was working. I'm not even going to attempt to try to do individual responses. Everyone is doing so great and you all continue to be such motivators! I am so thankful for the positive vibes I receive from each of you.

I finished week 6 day 1 yesterday. I am actually starting to feel like I could actually finish this thing! I never thought I would get through the 20 minute run, but I did! Now I am looking forward to upping it. I am not going to do my next run until Monday. My hip has been sore since Wednesday. I pushed through my run yesterday even though it was hurting. Probably not smart. So, I am going to give it a break until Monday.

Mamato3~ You are doing such a great job! Hope your hips feels better soon.

I really missed my run yesterday. I did get some cardio in though. DH, DS, and I went to the YMCA pool yesterday evening and I got some laps in. I forgot swimming was such good cardio! It seemed to tire me out more than running. I guess because I'm using different muscles. Anywho, great workout and it didn't bother my knee or leg at all! It bothered my ankle a little, which is weird because it has felt fine. Nothing bad though. I enjoyed it and hopefully burned a lot of calories.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

First of all ...Great job mamato3! You are doing fantastic. I am so inspired by you 20 minute runners.. I want to be there so bad.

Today is our (DH and me) last day of vacation in Florida; I am so sad .. I don't want to leave. It is raining too today, which is a reflection of my mood. I have had two weeks of "escape" from my regular life. Don't get me wrong; I am so Blessed in my life. maybe it is my "midlife crisis" I turned 50 in June, but honestly; I could just stay here and start a new phase of my life.

As you know I have only be banded 3 weeks. Did any of you expereience strange mood swings or emotional changes? The exercise helps me have a "positive" change. I think it is about control and MAKING changes.

I really feel like a spoiled brat ... I don't want to go home and somehow it is my DH fault! (Projecting blame; I guess)

Well, I am going to pull myself together, when it stops raining; I will go for a long agressive walk/run!!!!

PS. Do you think it could be that for the past 2 weeks all I have had to do is concentrate on myself; diet, exercise, scales, look good - feel better, lay in the sun, swim in the pool, sleep until I wake up, go to bed when I am tire - no clocks, no employees bitching, no family issues, no work deadlines, nothing is expected of me, no one is counting on me?

I know this thread is about excerise, but you are my daily support group - Sorry to get heavy and vent.

I am really not a psycho; it just seems that way today!

Packing my tears and heading for Ohio,

Lynn

PSS I didn't weigh myself again day - it's killin' me!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia - I'm glad you enjoyed your swim. You really do use your muscles differently (and different muscles) in swimming. It takes your whole body. I'm sure you burned a TON of calories - according to dailyplate it burns 880 calories an hour.

Lynn - I hope you enjoy your last day of vacation. Ya'll have a safe trip back to Ohio!