Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Bonnie: Congrats on the 20 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a huge Milestone!!! way to go!!! your doing Freaky Fantastic!!! YOur well on your way!!!

I am out of town but i managed to get to the YMCA this morning for a 5k run..and then i swam laps in there OUTDOOR pool. How cool is that to be doing laps at 6.30am while the sun comes up.

Renewed: YOur a STAR!!!!!!!!! your doing great! YOur dropping it like its hot!

Gergia: Proud of you of Hottie!!! you keep pounding it out... I know you can do it. YOur smart to wait it out a little...dont panic if think youll be fine..

Leslie....YOu doing AWESOME too...keep at it...I could never run with out my MP3...i even have back up cheap ones just incase.

Kathy: Wow what a day you had....your going to have sooo much confidence from the running. I think it will show up in every area of your life.

Everyone that i didnt mention keep it up!!! keep going!!!!

If you have questions pls feel free to msg me as i cant keep up with all of you.

Bonnie~ I totally agree! This is probably the best support thread yet!! Very dedicated people here! Congrats on your 20 minute run! I can't even imagine being able to do that, but seeing everyone's progress gives me hope! You rock Bonnie!!

I am totally missing my scales!! I feel like I have lost some weight and I want to know soooo bad! Labor day is a long time away. Hope I can stay away......

Whosya~ I LOVE reading your posts!!! Your passion for fitness really inspires me. Even while you are out of town, you always make time to exercise (A LOT, lol). I don't think you realize just how inspiring you are. You rock!!!

Bonnie - WAY TO GO!!! YOU DID IT!!! That 20 min run must cause some sentimental brain rush or something... first Renewed and now you becoming all sappy and everything after your run! LOL - I love it... it makes me feel good to hear such true feelings! And you took the words right out of my mind! Congratulations, you have done amazingly well.

Georgia - I don't know if this helps, but a few years ago my DH was training for a half marathon and injured his IT band (not really sure what that is but it hurt his leg and knee). It took quite awhile for it to go away and when he started back running, he went to a physiotherapist for help. She told him not to run on an inside track because it was banked and recommended he stick to running outside because it varied the texture and grade frequently, so was more natural and less likely to cause injury. He's now all healed up, and runs fairly regularly. He prefers outside, but will run on the treadmill when its too hot or raining.

Whosya... thanks so much for your inspiration and cheerleading us on! Have fun on your trip!

Georgia... I forgot to say that you should ask the Ortho Dr when you see her next week where best to run. Oh yeah... stay off the scale! Be strong! Having said that... ohhh I wanted to step on this morning so badly! But I didn't! Checking my blood sugar has now become my positive reinforcement rather than the scale. Kind of a sadistic reinforcer (LOL), but as long as the numbers are good, the little pain prick is ok!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia - I'm thinking you may have injured it on one of your falls. I know you twisted your ankle, but you could have pulled it trying to catch yourself.

Bonnie - I completely agree! This is one of the most dedicated group of people I've ever know. There are no quitters here. You're awesome to start this, pre-band. I don' t know if I'd

have had the nerve.

Lynn - you have come so far so quickly after surgery. Bounced right up and got active!

Renewed inspires me - even as busy as she is with her children, nothing stops her.

Georgia - you know I love ya girl! You don't give up either and I can always count on you.

Kathy - it is wonderful what you have accomplished.

Sugar - I love the fact that you try, even after surgery - you don't give up.

Of course Whosya is our hero. Enough said.

I feel like I getting to know each and every one of you. I think that is what makes this thread different. I have a couple of other threads that I love the folks there too. This one is one I know is here if I need anything. It's not going anywhere and neither are you guys. Kuddos to each of you! You keep me going.

Edited by Leslie2Lose

Thanks Kathy, it does help. Come to think of it, it started hurting right after the first run on the treadmill. I'm not 100% sure it is my actual knee that is bothering me because it doesn't hurt to bend it at all. In fact, I squat down to the floor with no problem. It hurts more to lift my leg up (like lifting to take a step) but it hurts around the knee area. Like, if I am sitting down in a chair and try to lift my left leg, I can only lift it a little. It's strange. I kinda pushed on my knee last night and the area that is tender is right below my left knee cap, to the right just a little (toward the inside).

Do you know where the IT band is?

I will definitely ask the doctor about where to run. Glad your sugar levels have been good. That's great!

Les~ Love you too girl! I can always count on you too!

Edited by georgia girl

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia - Do you think you may have pulled some of the tendons behind your knee? Have you tried bengay or something? I hope you can find some relief soon!

Bonnie - You're awesome to start this, pre-band. I don' t know if I'd

have had the nerve.

Leslie- I just made up my mind that I did not want to live ONE MORE DAY as a moribidly obese person. I would look at my reflection and look at pics and say "That is NOT me" I am a lively, energetic and cute girl but to look at me I was not living or looking like what I felt like I was on the inside. I could not do some of the things I enjoyed doing just a few years ago. I got tired of being the biggest woman in the room or worrying that I was. I was fed up with abusing my body and my self esteem by binge eating. I was mad that I could barely fit into roller coasters (some not at all) which is something I love! I was embarrassed for my husband and for myself that we would go to big events for his job and he would be receiving all this recognition and I felt like the obese tag-a-long wife (btw, he never made me feel like this...I made myself think this). I knew there was a slim chance that insurance would pay for my band and I am still waiting on approval but I didn't want an insurance denial to determine how I was going to live the rest of MY life. If it was meant to be for me to have the band, I will be approved. If not, then its my battle to fight and with the help of my lap-band buddies, I think I have a great start!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bonnie you have a tremendous start! I like you have a take charge attitude and aren't coming up with excuses of why you can't or waiting to change your life. Good for you girl!

Georgia - I think the IT Band is on the outside of your leg. I googled it and here's a link:

IT band Friction Syndrome

But the ACL ligament runs on the inside of your knee. Here's a link to info on this and the other parts of the knee:

What Is The Anterior Cruciate Ligament?

What you are describing sound like the ACL. I have a tear in my meniscus which is the stuff under the knee cap, plus I've strained or torn my ACL ligament. Due to the arthritis that I have, the doc won't fix it, so everyday my knees hurt doing certain activities. Thankfully, running has been fine on them, and seems to be helping them a bit!

Climbing stairs or going down them hurt. Not bending or walking or running, only when I have to step up or down. I tore mine in a twisting fall, so it could be from your fall, not necessarily from the treadmill. But the treadmill might be causing additional pain. The treadmill has a set speed and sometimes when you slow down you have to force yourself to pick up the pace, which might be putting stress on your ligaments?? Hope this helps.

Georgia - Do you think you may have pulled some of the tendons behind your knee? Have you tried bengay or something? I hope you can find some relief soon!

It feels like the pain is more in front, but I don't know. I haven't thought about using bengay. I may get some tonight and try it. I really don't think it's serious, so I'm just going to take it easy a couple of more days and maybe try jogging outside again in a few days.

Bonnie~ I love your post! Kudos to you for making a change NOW!

You guys have been busy this morning!

Bonnie - WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are soooo awesome to do this preband. I don't think I could have mustered up enough confidence at that time. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Georgia - Take care of that knee. The treadmill is definately going to give your joints more of a pounding. It makes sense to me that the treadmill could be a contributing factor.

Whosya - You are our official thread cheerleader!! I love reading your posts. Thanks for being such an encourager to all of us!!!!

WE ROCK!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!! I do love this thread.

As for the scales. I WANT TO WEIGH!!!!!!!! However, I am afraid that if I do and the scales aren't going down as fast as I want them to then I will lose focus. I want to stay focused!!!! The scales could be deceiving at this point because we are all gaining muscle, which is a very good thing. SO....................Hang in there ladies, and get ready for some awesome Labor Day Ticker Updates!!!!!

I just did week 7 day 1. It was really hard. Another 25 minute run. Once again I could only hang for 20 minutes. I did my Jillian Michael dvd before my run and i just ran out of juice. I really think I need to give my body a rest. I hope I don't run again tonight, and I am hoping to stick with that. It is really crazy, but it would easier to make myself run tonight than to not, but I am really going to try.