Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I have to admit, I haven't really been doing anything on Tuesday and Thursday - my nonrunning days. But I should. Typically a upper body exercise would be good. Also, I think a pilates or swimming exercise would be good too. I just haven't found my complete groove yet. It is coming. Baby steps.

Bonnie and Renewedhope - I changed my avatar so you can see my new thinner face. I took the picture myself so it looks goofy - which captures the true me - goofy!

I hit the magical 179 on the rictor scale today! New numbers, new numbers - Go Lynn, Go Lynn!!!!!

I have not been able to let go of the scales --How are my scale -free friends doing?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Go Lynn, Go Lynn. 179 - that's awesome!!!

I think we need to start compulsive weighers ananymous. I know I couldn't go a month without weighing - it'd drive me crazy! I weigh in today too - Thursday is my weigh in day.

I noticed you were banded on 7/16. That's my dad's B-Day, and grandfathers and great-grandmothers. Good day in history for me. :-)

I need to swim more. I love to swim. The pool at the Y's Water is super strong (chemicals). Feels like my retnas are burning!!! I know it has to be strong though. I've got to buy me some goggles. I think I'd do it more if I had them.

BTW I love your new avatar pic. Just come for the gym? looks like workout clothes.

Lyn I love your new pic and 179 is awesome!!!!!! You really do seem to have a fun personality!! You add so much to our thread! Glad you decided to join in.

Welcome berry. I do Jillian Michael videos 5 days a week. Sometimes it falls on run days, sometimes it doesn't. I may add some rowing. That is a very good idea.

I am missing my scales badly. I am still holding out!!

Berry~ Welcome!! On my off running days I usually do the Wii Fit or some strength training.

Lyn~ Whooo Hooooo! 179 is awesome! I agree with Renewed, you are lots of fun!!

Renewed~ I am missing my scales too! I want to weight soooooo bad!

Georgia, I really think I am losing again and I want to weigh SOOOOOO bad!! I keep telling myself that it will be so fun to wait a whole month and see a big loss. That would jsut feel awesome. I am also afraid that if i weigh now and my scales have not dropped then I will get discouraged and not give my very best. I am really focused right now and making good choices. With time that WILL result in weight loss. We can do this. The hardest part is not doing the fit test on the wii. My scales are gone, but I have figured out that there is a way, so I am going to have to use a little willpower. I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!! I will jsut keep telling myself that over and over!

Guest Leslie2Lose

This may be a stupid question...

What kind of shoes do ya'll have?

My feet have shrank and my shoes keep flopping on my heels. I know they aren't supportive. After my run my feet are killing me. I need to buy some...advice needed.

Leslie,

I find that the only tennis shoes that feel comfortable on my feet are New Balance. I don't really stick with the same "model number" everytime I buy a new pair, I just look for new balance running shoes, look for styles that I like and then try them on and walk around. Everytime I try a new pair of shoes I always think they feel a little heavy but within a few days they feel fine.

Les, right now I have a pair of Nike Shox running shoes. I know they are not top of the line by any means, but they seem to be working good. Mine felt a little heavy too at first, but feel fine now.

This may be a stupid question...

What kind of shoes do ya'll have?

My feet have shrank and my shoes keep flopping on my heels. I know they aren't supportive. After my run my feet are killing me. I need to buy some...advice needed.

I really pays to go to a store for runners and have one of their sales people fit you for a good pair. Usually the sales people are runners and have a lot of knowledge about different brands. Don't be afraid of going in just because you don't have "a runners body". They have seen all sizes. It is their job to fit you with the best shoe. Plus most stores are independently owned. Service is better then chains. They know if they don't do right by you, you will not come back.

Also get some goggles and get swimming. Then get on a bike and do a Tri!!!

:thumbup::cursing::) Someone broke into my car and stole my iPod, the docking station and charger. I am so mad and upset with myself because I always leave my iPod in the center console part of the car (and have done that for a year and half) and always make sure my car is locked before I go to bed. We are in the process of cleaning our garage and packing to sell our house so we can only pull one car in the garage at this point. Last night I stood at the front door and pressed the lock button on my remote. My car doesn't beep when I lock it, but the lights flash. I didn't see the lights flash from the angle I was at, so I pushed it again. I was thinking "It has to be locked, I pressed it twice" but should have listened to my gut instinct to check it anyway. I woke up this morning and my stuff was gone with no sign of forced entry. All I could think about at first is that this is going to ruin my whole running gameplan. Then I started thinking about how my kids got that for me for mothers day '07 and it made me sad, then I felt violated and now I just feel stupid because I told my dh and someone else and they said "Why would you keep your iPod in your car???"

I am going to use my sons mp3 player and try to figure it out and download podrunner to it today so I don't miss a run. I will deeply mourn the loss of my iPod who has been one of my best friends everyday for the last 15 months.

Wow... I'm offline for 1.5 days and there were 4 pages to catch up on!!! What an amazing support group for us all.

First off... I'm doing ok since the accident. Still fairly sore, but the docs said that would happen, but ok.

Second... I nailed my job interview today!!! I the last week preparing and it paid off. Hopefully it means I get an offer, but won't know that for at least a week. Then next week I have another interview at a different company! So hopefully I will be employed soon. BTW, when they asked me what personal goals I had, I mentioned that I was training to run a 5k race!!! It felt good to say that, and then explain to them how I was training. It won some brownie points... lol.

I am going to try running today. I haven't since Sun, as I was too stiff after the accident. But I think it will go ok. I'm going to stick with my plan and start week 4. I'll let you know!

Renewed... you are so driven!!!! Running 20, then coming back later and running 25 on the same day just so you can move on! Way to go!

Mamato... YEAHHHHHH :thumbup::thumbup::):thumbup::thumbup: YOU DID IT!!!

Georgia ... I'm so glad your run went well, and no real problems with your knee or ankle.

Leslie... you are doing amazing. Huffing and puffing is how I do it too! I think I called it sucking air!

Sugar... wow, you cut your time in half! That's so amazing. What a great improvement.

Bonnie... you are just trucking along so well.

Everyone else... way to go!

It's funny, I wasn't online yesterday because the hydro company is working on our neighbourhood, and all I could think about is I want to go onto LBT to find out how everyone's doing. Glad to hear everyone's successes.

For those of us giving up the scale this month... keep it up girls! I wanted to step on this morning, but talked myself past it. I keep thinking how good I'll feel waiting! Ohh but its hard.

Kathy, I am so glad you are doing better. We were in a car wreck about 10 years ago. I didn't have any "real" injuries, but I totaled my car. It was a pretty goo lick. Anyway, there is really no way to describe that kind of soreness. I remember it being really painful. Hang in there! It will get better each day. So glad you are going to get back on today. Running may actually help work out some of the soreness. Again, I am so glad you and your family are ok!!

Way to go on the interview!! Hope to hear the good news soon.