Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Way to go Mamato!!!!!!! I am sooo proud of you!!!!! I knew you would rock it today!!!!!!!!!

I am fixing to attempt my 25 minute run again. I really want to move on to week 7, so here goes.

You are am inspiration whoseya. If I ran at 7.5 I would look like a cartoon carature with wheels for legs! Or I would blow off the back of the treadmill. I would love to run at that speed. Actually that is my goal. But it is diffenetially a goal, not a realality right now.

You are the wind beneath our wings. Keep us going!:w00t:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll - I think my legs are going to fall off. I started (late start) week two today. I don't know how ya'll manage week 3+, this one about killed me today. I made it - the guy on the treadmill looked a little concerned for me. He kept looking at me (anxiously) and looking at my time. I'm sure the Water pouring from my pores and redface didn't help. I did it!!! Whoohoo! I feel great. I can't wait to be up to where most of you are, but I know this is baby steps. I thought of ya'll today when I wanted to quit (about 18 minutes in). Ya'll are all my inspiration!! Oh DH found my MP3 Player - thank goodness.

Seriously, I do not know if I could do this without my music. It is critical!! Way to go. Week 2 was a diffent step forward. let keep each other going to week 6 we can do it.:w00t:

Mamato3~ Whooo Hooooo!! WTG girl!! You are doing soooo good!!!

Leslie~ I think you will be surprised. I stayed on week 2 a few extra days and I think that really helped me. I had no trouble with week 3 today, even running through part of my cool down, lol. I went in thinking...NO WAY, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. I love this program!!

LYN~ I did day 1 week 1 with no music and a stopwatch. That was the hardest run I've had to do yet! I think not having music played a big part in that. So, I can't go without music either now.

Serenity~ Congrats on finishing week 4! Good job!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia - that's awesome! (I love that phrase)...My kids use it all of the time - LOL...but it's true. I may be repeating week 2 next week - we'll see. J started week one yesterday. I may let her catch up with me. She said she is going to sign up for the 5K this week. We'll have to get pictures of us and post under our group. Who knows, by November there may be more of us. Have you spoken with Leslie (OTC). I know she was going to start the C25K last week. I haven't seen her. I'll see her tomorrow at my weigh in. I haven't been on the scale in a week. I hope I don't have another gain. I really don't think I'm tight enough. My next fill isn't for another two weeks though. Sigh.

Guest Leslie2Lose

You are am inspiration whoseya. If I ran at 7.5 I would look like a cartoon carature with wheels for legs! Or I would blow off the back of the treadmill. I would love to run at that speed. Actually that is my goal. But it is diffenetially a goal, not a realality right now.

You are the wind beneath our wings. Keep us going!:w00t:

Lyn - I've done this before. I used to have a treadmill at home. Back around Christmas (before new years resolutions) I told myself I was going to start exercising again. Well - I hopped on the treadmill and started walking - I kicked up the speed to a fast walk, the belt broke - I flew off the back. I looked like something from the Three Stooges...luckily I wasn't hurt, but I had to get rid of my treadmill.:eek:

Leslie, When I start each week I always think that there is no way I can move to the next week, but I have and you will too. Today DH was saying that each run should push us to what we think is our limit and then by the next week our limit has moved. I can look back and see that is what has happened. You are doing awesome!! Keep it up. I'm glad your DH found your MP3 player. I don't think I could run without my ipod. DJ BeatSmith and I are big buds!! LOL

I did it. I ran for 25 minutes. I ran at 5.2 until the last 4 minutes, then I had to bump down to 5.0. i repeated week 6 mix 3 tonight, so on Friday I will move on to week 7. I looked ahead and week 7 is a repeat of tonight. I am sooooo glad. It was soooo hard!!

Mamato - Congrats on the 20 minutes.

You girls (and Whosya) talk about your speeds. I run outside, I have no idea how fast (or slow) that I run. I am just focusing on doing the time. I am probably a turtle compared to you hares.

NSV - A couple months ago I challenged my son to 500 steps on the elliptical machine. (I knew he would beat me and he did.) I went first and it took me 12:04. I thought I would die, I was huffing and puffing and sweating. Tonight after church I decided to do a few minutes on the elliptical machine (I missed my run today - work and church) So anyway, I did 500 steps in 5:45!!!! and was not even out of breath. Couch 2 5K has allowed me to cut my time in half. Now that is a victory!!!!

So week by week, we are getting stronger and getting more endurance. On your off day, back up and do a workout from 2 weeks before and see how much easier it is. It is funny how we all moan and groan about how hard the next week is, but our lungs and legs are allowing us to succeed because we are a determined bunch. Thanks for all of your support, I appreciate each one of you.

What download are you listening to? Someone mentioned that it chimed when it was time to change from running to walking. Is it a specific download for this program that someone created? Just curious cause it's sometimes hard to keep up with the time and remember when to walk/run.

Georgia - that's awesome! (I love that phrase)...My kids use it all of the time - LOL...but it's true. I may be repeating week 2 next week - we'll see. J started week one yesterday. I may let her catch up with me. She said she is going to sign up for the 5K this week. We'll have to get pictures of us and post under our group. Who knows, by November there may be more of us. Have you spoken with Leslie (OTC). I know she was going to start the C25K last week. I haven't seen her. I'll see her tomorrow at my weigh in. I haven't been on the scale in a week. I hope I don't have another gain. I really don't think I'm tight enough. My next fill isn't for another two weeks though. Sigh.

I haven't talked with Leslie. I hope she is doing well with it. Be sure and let me know how she's doing. Good luck at the weigh in!!!

I did it. I ran for 25 minutes. I ran at 5.2 until the last 4 minutes, then I had to bump down to 5.0. i repeated week 6 mix 3 tonight, so on Friday I will move on to week 7. I looked ahead and week 7 is a repeat of tonight. I am sooooo glad. It was soooo hard!!

Congrats my buddy!! Great job!! I had a feeling you would be running again tonight, lol!

NSV - A couple months ago I challenged my son to 500 steps on the elliptical machine. (I knew he would beat me and he did.) I went first and it took me 12:04. I thought I would die, I was huffing and puffing and sweating. Tonight after church I decided to do a few minutes on the elliptical machine (I missed my run today - work and church) So anyway, I did 500 steps in 5:45!!!! and was not even out of breath. Couch 2 5K has allowed me to cut my time in half. Now that is a victory!!!!

Great NSV Sugarbean! It's amazing how much can in such a short amount of time. Good job!

I'm going to try the couch to 5k. It says to do the workout 3 times per week. On those 3 days, should I do additional workouts or is that enough exercise for one day?

Guest Leslie2Lose

berry - Good for you and welcome to the C25K. I usually do my run first. Last night I ran and then did the rowing machine. Running uses so much leg power - I think rowing is a good balance for my upper body. Mind you, I can't do it for an extended period, but I'm working my way up. After that I'll cool down on the bike for 15-20 minutes. All of that usually takes about a hour to complete.

I don't do weights on running days - I don't think my body could handle it. I do those on my off days (Tues/Thurs).

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.