Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Whosya - Thanks for inspiring me to be a "runner" I am getting hooked. Hopefully, I will be back into the full swing of my runs next week.

Kathy - I am so glad that you are okay. Take it easy, Rest.

Leslie - Continue to feel good and get your strength back.

Serenity - Welcome

Whosya - Thanks for inspiring me to be a "runner" I am getting hooked.

This line literly makes me cry like a baby. I am not some skinny little guy that runing is a breeze for.

I am not someone that got banded that had 40lbs to lose..not there is ANYTHING wrong with that i just wnat you to know i had ALOT of weight on me and i became a runner anyway.

Georgia: About your knee problems...yes i get a little knee pain sometimes..its normal...its not really bad...normally i get when i do two days running in a row for long distances...i would say if you start you run and you feel pain in it that doesnt go away after its losened up that day is not a good day to run. YOu may have to rest it for 3-4 days if its hurting but youll be fine. Dont panic.

The more you run the stronger it will get.

Thanks Whosya! I was worried that maybe I did something bad to it. As soon as my ankle heals, I will be running again. Today was supposed to be my running day and boy did I miss it. I'm so ready to start week 3.

So, did anyone miss their scales today??? I did!!

I did too! I need to get DH to hide mine too. I forgot and ALMOST weighed myself. I had stripped down before I realized I wasn't supposed to weigh, lol.

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I am so looking forward to day 2. I know you all say to rest between running days but what type of exercise are ya'll doing on the off days? I'm doing a step circuit class. That should be okay since I'm not running, right?

Guest Leslie2Lose

I wish I couldn't weigh myself for a month. It'd drive me nutz! I used to weigh myself 2-3x a day - now I hold off to once a week at the OTC. I'm doing my run tonight - I really miss it. I never thought I'd say that.

tootie, I do a set of 5 Jillian Michael DVD's. I just started them. I do them everyday except Wednesday and Sunday, so some days I end up doing both. Running seems a little harder with the addition of the DVD's, but they are more strength and sculpting, so I'm guessing it's ok.

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I am so looking forward to day 2. I know you all say to rest between running days but what type of exercise are ya'll doing on the off days? I'm doing a step circuit class. That should be okay since I'm not running, right?

On my off days i bike, swim or weight lift.

Honestly the best thing ever would be to swim because it is the exact opposite of running.

When you run you body gets all scrunched up and close together and manly your working your lower body

When you swim your force your body to stretch out the total opposite of run and you use manly upper body strength. And for a woman it gives you a super sexy back.

But do what works for you!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Tootie - on my off running days (Tuesday & Thursday) I do strength training and usually the elliptical. Sometimes I'll swim laps - depends on how I feel that day.

Ok you all... I need some good luck vibes! I'm off for attempt number 3 for my 20 minute run. My girls better not need ANYTHING for just 20 short minutes... is that so much to ask? hahahah

Guest Leslie2Lose

Sending good luck Vibes your way!...unforunately, in my case, that is a lot to ask. Which is why I go to the gym. I cannot workout at home. Too many distractions. LOL

I am offically banded 3 weeks today!

I WALKED to the gym, then instead of doing day 2 of week two - I did week 3!!!!!!! Holy cow! All I could think about was being able to post that I did it. I told myself if I didn't complete the whole thing - I wouldn't be able to share mynew with you (I wanted you all to be proud of me)

I had my headphones on and apparently after I finished the last run set - I made a loud "PHEW WEEEE" sound. Everyone in the little gym laughed! Then I walked home with a happy heart.

PS I found the answer to the shin splints. Ben Gay!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Lynn that's awesome!!! You go girl...three weeks after being banded too. I was still in recoop mode then. I'm proud of you...I'm still on week 2 myself - hopefully will be ready for week 3 next week.