Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Thanks Leslie!! We are back home. It was a broken fan belt, so, $320 later we have air conditioning!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooo glad. We thought we would stay home and tough it out last night, but at about 10p we decided that it would be too hard on the babies, so we didn't stay home last night. when the man left it was 90 degrees in the house, so pretty hot, and it is the hottest time of the day, so the unit is going to have a hard time catching up before dark. It is 95 outside and I think the high here today is supposed to be 104. I've never lived anywhere else, but people say that there is no heat quite like Texas heat. It is thick, humid, and HOT!! Anyway, I love Texas!!!!

I am supposed to run today. As much as I hate to run in the evenings, I am going to wait until this evening so that it will be cooler.

Everyone is doing soooo great!! Keep it up!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - I'm so happy for you!!! I'm glad it was just a belt and you didn't have problems with the whole unit. I love air conditioning. DH has a weird obsession with fans. He has to have one running in whatever room he is in. However, he wants to ride with the windows open in the car. Says it saves gas. Please! Give me air! I'll pay extra!!!

Right there with you Leslie. I would MUCH rather be too cold than too hot. I can get under a blanket if I am cold. I might get funny looks if I walk around the house naked because it is too hot!! LOL

Guest Leslie2Lose

renewed - DH would attack me if I walked around naked! LOL - oh the visual I just got. ROFL!!

Ok, I know Canada is not perceived as hot... but summer in London is humid, sticky, and hot! Right now it is 88 F. OK, not as hot as Texas or Georgia, but still gross. I couldn't live without my AC. Especially since my DH has this obsessive fear of the house being broken into so he hates keeping the windows or curtains open. I guess it comes with growing up in the bad part of Toronto. His neighbours were crack heads and dealers.

I have the ceiling fan on in the bedroom all night just to keep the air moving. But my favourite is to be cold so I can snuggle in under the blankets. But, I hate the cold of winter. I'd like Arizona heat... dry!

Ok Leslie... my DH would also attack me if I ran around in my birthday suit... oh wait... he already does when I'm fully clothed :wink2::lol:... ok TMI

Good luck tonight renewed. Hope the house cools down for you.

The house is still very hot. It has only cooled to 86 inside the house. Once the sun goes down it will get better. Anywho, I am getting on the treadmill to run now. I am really hoping I can hang with these 8 minute run intervals today!! Here I go!!

Kathy - Good for you, scooping out the 5ks in your area. The only ones that I know of is the pumpkin Run in October and the Cavelier 5k in the spring. Both are very hilly. YIKES!! What else can I expect from the mountains of West Virginia.

Renewed - I remember being with out AC in Florida after a Tropical Storm - YUCK. I am glad it is back on for you.

My sister-in-law was banded this morning. I went to see her this evening. She is doing fine.

Edited by SugarBean

Ok I did week 5 mix 2 tonight. I can't believe there are 3 mixes this week. It gets much harder with each workout. Today was 5 min walk, then 8 min run, then 5 min walk then 8 min run. The first 8 was hard, but not too bad. The second 8 was as bad as I thought it might be. I was huffin and puffin!! Thursday's run is 20 minutes of uninterrupted running. OMGosh. When I finished today I thought, "I will definately not be moving on to mix 3 on Thursday." well, I have allready talked myself into it. This will be a true test of my endurance. I plan to run until I can't run anymore!! IF it isn't 20 minutes, then I will just keep at it until I get there. I may stay on mix 3 for a very long time. but, you know, who would have ever thought 5 weeks ago that I could run for 8 minutes straight. certainly not me!!

Feeling quite proud tonight!! :)

renewed-great job on week 5, but after hearing those numbers you have me scared for next week...okay I am a little interested to see how far I can go!

Now that I have lost almost 25 pounds I can tell in some places on my body that I have lost a lot of weight and other parts, not so much. I know I still have a lot more to go, but my waist is shrinking so fast since I started to lose weight in June. The sides of my waistline had NO CURVE just 6 weeks ago and all of a sudden the curve has come back! I keep putting my hands on my waist because I can't believe what a difference I have made in such a short amt of time. Also, my legs have toned up quite a bit already. I have really noticed a big difference in the muscles in my legs and my core muscles since I started Wii Fit and running. I always make sure my core muscles are tight when I am running.

so, my question for you, since you started your weightloss journey, where is the one place on your body you can't stop looking at, or touching (ok....nothing naughty here:eek:) because you can't believe how much that part has changed.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bonnie - I'm like you - I love my new waistline. I went from a a 43 inch waist to a 34. I'm still not to the "tucking" point yet. I can't wait to tuck my shirts in again. Although that may have to be after PS - I hate my apron.

I've also grown to like my back - which is surprising. It used to resemble a pug - just rolls of fat. Now I only have one little indention (from the small spare tire I still have). Now when I sleep on my side it's smooth instead of bump, bump, bump. DH has no complaints either .

I'm growing to like my arms better. I think the pumping while running is helping them. I used to HATE them. I wouldn't wear anything sleeveless. I now weekly wear sundressed. My triceps could use some work (they want to blow away in the breeze).

As for my legs - I still don't like them. They are getting better and smaller. I still have tons of cellulite that I don't think will ever go away. Well I take that back - I like them from the knee down. I'm toned there, from the knee up - nightmare.

Edited by Leslie2Lose

just checkin in. out of town in Chicago on buisness. You ladies are doing fantastic

Sorry about your AC! As a former Ac technician i feel your pain. Glad it was an easy fix though. Yeah i wouldnt advise walking around nekid.

Hey i just thought...for those of you that have your own treadmills at home maybe you could run nakked if you get to hot. how funny would that be.

Well, I modified my running today because of the EVLT and those "driving me crazy support hose" :) I did not feel as sore this morning, so I decided to hit the road.

Before I started the c25k I walked out our little country road and back for a total of 1 1/2 miles. Today, I walked the first mile and ran the 1/2 mile back home and then did a cool down walk. I did not know how my leg would hold up, but it feels fine. :biggrin2: But of course, those darn stockings were bunched up at my knee. :) It would be tough to fix the hose between each interval. So I guess I will continue to do this through next week - I am doing the other leg next week. Joy, joy. I have to wear the support stockings for 7 days after the surgery :crying:

Guest Leslie2Lose

SugarBean - Good for you! Those hose have got to be aggrivating. I'm proud of you. At least you are up and going. When did you say you have the other leg done?

WTG Renewed! I'm excited for you to run tomorrow... good luck.

Bonnie... I love my waist and back - where my waist curves into my back. It is firm, no rolls and feels just right. I'm at the tucking in stage for tops. I love how some tops look untucked, but also how some look tucked in. I even bought a belt. I haven't worn a belt in 20 years!