Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

A voice of reason is always a freind. You are right, I should wait. I am so inpatience! I want it all Now! It won't hurt for me to just continue to walk until I see Dr. Choban when I get back from vacation.

I guess that is why I posted; I knew the answer, but needed a real grown up to say, "No" do what your doctor told you!

Thanks friend.

Your walking not running bandster, Lynn:unsure::)

Thank you Lynn!!! I'm so relieved to hear you won't start to run yet!

And thanks Bonnie & Lynn for the advice. I think I'm going to go to the walk-in clinic tomorrow to see if its an infection. Unfortunatley, my family doctor is 3 hours away (we have great medical in Canada... if you can access it through a family doctor... none available in my city), so have to use horrible walk-in clinics more often than I'd like.

Funny thing is... I don't "leak" when I'm running... or no more than I have already in the last 5 min. sitting here. The worst part is the feeling like I have to go, but it won't come out... or at least not enough does.

I'm going to run today anyways.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone. I'm back from the beach. I feel like I need a Vacation from my Vacation. DH and I are going grocery shopping in a bit - I'm going to scroll back and read the last couple of pages to catch up...it's been busy this weekend.

I think I finally got through to DH. I don't think he knew how serious I was about training. He's even going to start running with me! I'm shocked! He used to run in the military (when they made him). He's put on about 60 pounds since then and mentioned he needs to start exercising. Hopefully he'll hit the gym with me too. I'll be back later to catch up with everyone. I hope ya'll had a great weekend!!!

That is great news Leslie. I am glad you were able to convey to him how important this is to you!!

Well, I did week 5 day 1 today. It was very hard, but I can't say it was harder than last week. Week 5 has 3 different mixes. You do a different one each workout day. I looked ahead and might not should have. Mix 2 run has 8 minute intervals and then the 3rd mix is a 20 minute interval!! You have got to be kidding me!! We'll see.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

hi all! I apologize for being MIA and not having a lot of backreading time- work has been killing me. I did week 4 for the freaking 2nd time last week and it was harder for me than the first time I did it! I am so frustrated right now. I couldn't even finish the 2nd run last 5 minutes. For the 3rd run I went a bit slower and added 30 seconds of walking in between runs and it was ok. I'm going to do week 4 a third time. ugh.

we'll see.

hope everyone is well!

Leslie - I am so glad your DH is going to run with you. My DH and Son are going to the track a few nights a week. We are all sort of doing our own thing, but it is encouraging that we are all there together.

hang in there McGreen. Week 4 was really hard for me too.

Ok, I have to say I am a little frustrated. I need some advice and reassurance. I am running like crazy, and doing Wii Fit. I am watching my diet. I am not doing strict low carb anymore, but I am limiting my diet to only healthy carbs. I take in between 1000 and 1100 calories a day. When I initially went off low carb I gained 6 pounds overnight. I have lost the 6 pounds and am at 174, but I can't seem to lose any new weight!!! Should I eat different??? Should I just be patient assuming that I am gaining muscle right now and the pounds will drop??? I am trying nnot to be frustrated, but man my scales need to drop!!!!!

Renewed... you took the words right out of my mouth. Ditto for me. However, let's remain strong and patient. Here's my reasoning. We have put a major shock to our bodies. Let's face it... running is not natural for us, so when we introduced it to our lives, it probably sent our systems into shock and made our bodies hoard whatever it could to protect itself.

I know I'm doing all the right things and it is only a matter of time before my body catches up with all the good things I'm doing. So keep on track... it will work.

Having said that, OMG this is frustrating. When I lost my job a month ago, the shock and stress made it so I couldn't keep any food down, so I dropped about 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Then I started running and 3 lbs came back on, my appitite came back, and no weight has dropped!!! Just like you, I'd like my scale to start dropping.

I did my week 2 run 3 tonight... and I did it!! Hear the Rocky song? Remember how I said I couldn't do the final 2 minute run on this set... well tonight I did it! As I said before, I don't really like running in the evening, but the day got away from me. :teeth_smile::eek::thumbup::eek::lol: (oops, my son put these in)

I really felt good through the run, and am so glad I didn't talk myself out of it (I kind of thought I was going to). I think I'm going to move up to week 3 on Tuesday, but will modify it so that I'm doing a combo of week 2/3.

Leslie... I'm so glad everything is working out with your DH. Communication is so important.

Kathy, I won't say I'm gald that I'm not alone, because I wouldn't wish this frustration for you, but I am glad to have someone to fight through it with. You are right. If we are making good choices then the scales will surely show it soon. Month before last I lost 15 pounds in one month. I was doing VERY strict low carb, but man it was great to see those scales moving. This past month I only lost 3 pounds. I know I can't expect 15 pound months ever month, but it sure was nice.

I think we are probably building muscle with running. As we all know...muscle weighs more than fat, but muscle also burns fat, so the more muscle the more fat burning.

Let's hang in there together. The scales will join us someday!! Soon I hope!!

Girls I am going to have Endo Venous Laser Treatment (EVLT) on my leg tomorrow to get rid of varicose veins (It is lovely to have inherieted my mother's legs) I am doing one leg this week and one leg next week. I am afraid the doc will tell me no running :teeth_smile: I am getting ready to start week 4. If I can't run for two weeks, should I just start over or repeat week 3? I'll see what the doc says about running in the morning.

Not being able to run for a few weeks is a bummer. I want to stay with it, but I was thrilled to get my band; so it isworth it.

My plan, when the doctor clears me to run (as advised by my buddies here!) I plan to start with over with week one the first day of the first week; week 2 the second day of the first week, see how I am doing and maybe week 3 the3rd day of the first week. Then the second week work on week 4. Having said that; my body may have another plan, so we will take it one day at a time.

You are going to have beautiful legs when you are running down the path!!! Good luck to you

Girls I am going to have Endo Venous Laser Treatment (EVLT) on my leg tomorrow to get rid of varicose veins (It is lovely to have inherieted my mother's legs) I am doing one leg this week and one leg next week. I am afraid the doc will tell me no running :lol: I am getting ready to start week 4. If I can't run for two weeks, should I just start over or repeat week 3? I'll see what the doc says about running in the morning.

Sugar--I had EVLT done in January and I was so happy I did. It looks and feels so much better! You will be happy after it heals...and you get back to running. I HATED wearing those freaking support stockings though. I don't even like wearing pantyhose, so the support hose were killing me. I had to wear them for a couple weeks before and after surgery. They were a pain to get off and on---super tight, but they were warm and the only good thing was that I had the surgery during the winter. Also, you may not be able to run, but you HAVE to walk everyday after surgery...so atleast you will be able to get some

exercise.

Edited by BonnieMcC

Sorry I haven't posted much. I've had a busy weekend and haven't even been on LBT much. I did day 2 of week 2 on Saturday. I forgot to eat something before and ran out of energy pretty quickly. I will be doing day 3 of week 2 this evening. Not sure if I will move on the week 3 yet.....

Renewed and Kathy~ Hang in there. I'm sure you ladies will start losing again.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Sugarbean - good luck with your EVLT this morning. Let us know how it goes and what your doc says.

Renewed/Kathy - I am losing so slowly too. It seems I was at plateau forever. I went for two months and lost almost nothing - .2, .3 here and there - at least it was a loss. Last week I was down two pounds and the week before three (of course before that 0 for two months). I got on the scale this morning - up two pounds. WTH? I haven't changed a thing. It is SO frustrating - I can feel your pain! I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing though. I know I'm getting healthier and my clothes are getting larger so I'm losing inches. I just wish the darned scale would show some progress. Hopefully when I weigh in on Thurs (official weigh in day) I'll at least maintain.

Bonnie - I HATE pantyhose too!! I'd rather be shot than have to wear them. I bought some of those Spanx things from LB - I can't stand wearing them. I feel like my circulation is being cut off! I would have never survived 150 years ago with corsets!

I think I'm repeating week one this week. I didn't get to run this weekend like I'd hoped. I did bicycle though. I have GOT to get me a bike for the house. I loved it! I haven't rode a bike since I was a kid! I tried spinning class at the Y - I'd rather be tortured and my fingernails pulled out one by one than have to endure that again!

I did it! I did week 4 day one and I was surprised to see that I kept my breathing at an even pace which really helped me get through it. I kind of zone out a little a focus on breathing rather than time or surrounding distractions (all the tvs and other people in the gym) It felt soooo good!!! I hope the rest of the week goes that smoothly!

One question...I have always had very muscular calves...like a big ball of muscle on each legs when I flex. Is running going to make that muscle bigger or will in lengthen the muscle? The reason I ask is because I would really like to buy some knee high boots this winter but I have NEVER been able to because of my calf size (even in my skinnier days!) I would love to be able to lengthen that muscle. Do you know of any exercises that will do that--or is it just stretching that will help? (okay that was more than one question)<----well I just searched several websites and they all say one thing---its genetic so just embrace it...grrrrr. I have always gotten compliments on my calves, for as long I can remember my legs have been muscular, it just seems like boots are made for skinny calves only!

Edited by BonnieMcC
I found my own answer to calf question