Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

So, do you push ahead until you reachone you can't complete and then work at it until you can, or do I stay on week 4 which I can complete, but it feels like it is as hard as I can go.

so i was a big sissy with running - cause well, i just dont' like it...but forced this process to jump start boot camp w/my trainer.

what i would do, is a hybrid of wk4 & 5...till wk5 i could do w/out issue. so for 3 wks i did a combo, and i believe i repeated that throughout till i got the breathing right. i never had issues with the legs - it was the breathing hard that brought me to my knees.

pretty sure (whosya would know) it took me 12-13wks to complete...i think you all are doing FAB~~

Renewed - I have been upping the last day of the week just a little. I finished week 3 today and ran

5 minutes instead of 3 for the last interval. I sort of peek ahead to the next week and see what will

be the toughest part and try to add that. It lets me know if I am ready to start a new week or if

I should repeat this week.

Bonnie~ WTG for taking control of your son's food portion. I totally agree with you.

Renewed~ Congrats on completing week 4! If you don't feel like you are ready to move on, don't push it. Listen to your body...you will know when you are ready. You're doing a great job!!!

Kathy~ It's okay to repeat. I didn't feel like I was ready to move onto week 2, so I did an extra day of week 1 before moving on. I will probably do the same with week 2. You are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Sugarbean~ Great idea about sneaking extra time in to see if you are ready to move on. I'll have to try that!

I am going to try to run today. My ankle is much better. The only time it bothers me is when I rotate my ankle in a circular motion, and even then, it's not too bad. But it doesn't bother me at all when walking.

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the advice guys. I will probably start week 5 and do what I can of it planning to repeat it. I will do some combo of the 2. Thanks Luluc and Sugar. very helpful.

Mama - great hair!!!

Renewed - good luck with the new running plan.

Gerogia - be careful with that ankle, take it slow. You do not want to re-injure it.

I'm heading out soon here to do week 4 day 3. I'm like Renewed in that I'm not sure I am ready to move on. Like I said in an earlier post - this week I have made my walk intervals slightly longer then what the program says to do, but I have jogged the full 3 and 5 minute intervals. I was just not able to get my breathing or heart rate recovered enough during the walk intervals, so I made them a little longer. I hope that wasn't a big mistake.

Renewed - I might be crazy, but week 5 actually doesn't look as hard as week 4. The total actual jog time is 15 minutes for week 5 and it was 16 for week 4. The walk time is 5 1/2 minutes for week 4 and 6 minutes for week 5. I might be over analyzing this LOL it's what I do :thumbup: Week 7 looks like the killer to me!

Just got back from the Y. I did it like I was supposed to today. Week 4 day 3 done! yay! I even did the walk intervals for the right amount of time. I'm psyched for week 5! (or is the runners high everyone talks about? lol)

I hadn't looked at that Mamato. It's official. week 5 here I come. I am not even looking forward. I can't imagine being able to do anymore, but during week 1 I couldn't imagine being able to do week 4.

Everyone is doing soooo great!! Keep it up.

On another note, DH was supposed to have to work an extra shift tonight 6p to 6a. I hate it when he has to work nights. Well, the plant called and they finished the job, so he gets paid for 4 hours of overtime to stay home with me!! YEAH!!!!!!!

I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait to run any longer. I got banded July 16th. I feel totally fine. Even my port area feels fine. I am on vacation in Florida this week. I have been walking like crazy, but I want to run.

I went back to work on my 5th post op day - no problems.

So this is the "Plan" : what if I go to the work out facility and do day one of week one! Just start over! I am on vacation, so if it is too much; I wll just cool it! (I really think I will be fine)

What do you think, am I crazy! (OK, bad question - we all know the answer to that.) Don't you think I will be ok.

I am a nurse and understand my limits.

Thoughts, please?

Highest 199.6

Surgery day 196

Current 183

Goal 130

Lynn

I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait to run any longer. I got banded July 16th. I feel totally fine. Even my port area feels fine. I am on vacation in Florida this week. I have been walking like crazy, but I want to run.

I went back to work on my 5th post op day - no problems.

So this is the "Plan" : what if I go to the work out facility and do day one of week one! Just start over! I am on vacation, so if it is too much; I wll just cool it! (I really think I will be fine)

What do you think, am I crazy! (OK, bad question - we all know the answer to that.) Don't you think I will be ok.

I am a nurse and understand my limits.

Thoughts, please?

Lynn... not to rain on your plan, but I wouldn't do that if I were you! You will have your band for life, waiting another week or two until your doctor clears you to run will not impact your long term success. You might feel fine right now, but internally you might not be all healed up yet and running could tear a stitch.

Trust me, running can cause some serious strain on your body and just 11 days post-op is not the time to start running!!!! Give it at least until you can consult your doctor. Please!!!

I have been loving this running so much... but have a question to ask. This is probably TMI (too much info), but thought I'd ask for advice here...

Before being banded, and +70 lbs ago, I had mild "stress incontinence". I'd have to cross my legs when I sneezed :). That went away quite awhile ago, and I haven't had a "leak" in months.

This last week it has come back, but different. Now my bladder never seems to empty... I'm going so frequently I mise well stay there, but only a little bit each time. Then I "leak" frequently throughout the day and night. I started to wear a pad just to stay dry.

Could this be caused by the running? Should I go get this checked out? Anyone else heard of this?

It could be the stress incontence, a bladder infection, or any number of combinations.

I had a similar situation and now take Detrol. (commercial: gotta go, gotta go) It helps. the running can put added stress on your bladder.

In the meantime a pantie liner is your best friend.

Kathy,

I don't really have an answer to your question, but I know what you are saying. I can't drink ANY Water, not even a cup of water before I do my run because I feel like I am having to hold my bladder the whole time. I drink my Breakfast shake first thing in the am and try to go to the gym for my run before I start chugging my water. I have to do my whole run before I take a single drink of water. At the gym I go to, the treadmills are upstairs and the bathrooms are downstairs at the opposite end of the gym. Also, as I have gotten older I don't really have the slight feeling of having to go to the bathroom, its more like nothing...nothing...nothing...OMG I GOTTA GO NOW!!!!