Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Kathy - WTG! And very cool that your family was happy for you while envious!

Carol - I hope you try Kathy's advice. You may surprise yourself.

Mac - Holy cow you are a machine! And 13 below goal? WTH? I wish I could get there. I feel like a marshmallow since my surgery.

Jane - Good for you! The race will make you feel better. Breast cancer is everywhere in my family. I had a preventive mastectomy in 07 and I have run the Race for the Cure for the past 3 years. It's empowering, but can be very emotional if you have someone close to you fighting bc. My best friend has stage 4 bc and is going through treatment now and will have surgery on the 27th. I found myself wanting to cry alot during the race. I'm doing an autism 5k in October with a coworker. I'm looking forward to running a race that, although very important, it's a little less close to my heart so I'm hoping to really go all out in the race. BTW, you'll be racing on my birthday. I'll be cheering for you!!

Kristen - Keep up with good work!

Georgia - How's the fill treating you? Have you been running?

I'm feeling very fat and soft these days. I can't wait until I can run again! Keep at it ladies! You all inspire me!

Lynn - Looks like we may be ready to re-start C25K around the same time. I'm so sick of limping, I can't imagine how you must feel. Here's to hoping we can start running again soon.

welcome Jane. I did the race for the cure here in west palm beach, fl in january. was the coldest freakin day for a race. great goal and if you are already an athlete you will be able to train very nicely. i need to add wt training to my regime, but for now im only concentrating on the running. look back a few pages to Kathy's post to Machelle she listed the podrunner series link. its been systematically helping me to improve my stamina. will look forward to seeing posts from you as you get closer to your training goal.

tc,

Carol

Georgia - How's the fill treating you? Have you been running?

Hey Suzanne! I can definitely tell a big difference with this fill. It is soooo nice to not feel hungry all the time! I haven't been running though. We've been struggling financially, and we've had to cut some things from our budget. Unfortunately, our gym membership is one of the things we decided to cut. It is sooooo hot outside already and it's just going to get worse. I don't like running outside when it's dark, so I will probably try running about an hour before it gets dark this week. Thanks for asking about me. How have you been doing?

Georgia, Glad the fill is working for you. I can't imagine running in the heat. I think when the doc clears me to run again, I'll likely be on the treadmill.

Have you considered looking in the paper or at yard sales for a treadmill to use at home? That would give you a very affordable alternative to the gym.

As a matter of fact, if you ask around, you're likely to find someone at your work or church or wherever who may have one to give away! Maybe try craigslist?

I've never been able to do the gym thing. Between my schedule and how far I live out in the country, it's never really been an option.

I hope you can work something out soon!

thanks all for the warm welcome. my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 back in march, and will be having surgery august 6. she has already had two hip replacement surgeries and walks with a cane, so she is especially weak right now. just makes it all that more motivating for me. i was running yesterday and felt a tiny pain in my hip for a second, and thought -- that's nothing compared to what my mom is going through every day!

that is also a good idea about writing cancer on the bottom of my sneakers. im sure the race will be an emotional day for me, but it should be pretty hot then so i'm hoping if i cry people will think i am sweating EXTRA hard!

haha well anyways, i will be sure to update you all on my running progress!

I did a triathlon this weekend and ran a 10:43 pace during the run... that's my fastest yet and it was at the end of the event when I normally run slower than normal. I'm so stoked!

Mac - Way to go! And I see you lost another pound. You're amazing! Congrats!

Everyone is doing so well! I can't wait until I'm as good as you guys.

I took a run yesterday with my little guy riding his bike. It is WALK - RUN - WALK - RUN.... I'm trying as hard as I can.

When I returned home my husband looked at me like I had 3 heads. He asked me if I was okay. When I looked in the mirror- my hair was a frizz ball, my face was beet red, and I was soaked in sweat. Let's just say I wasn't a pretty sight!

I'm still waiting for my ipod to arrive in the mail. I think it will help to try and run listening to something.

Take Care,

Malissa

Malissa... Congratualtions! The way you look after a run is a "Badge of Honor"!!! LOL. Have you had your first "runner's high" yet? It took a few runs before I felt my first one. Believe me... it is worth it!

Ok, I started my strength training program yesterday. I'm following "Body for Life". Its not too strenuous yet, but is ok for me, especially since its all at home with free weights. The program alternates between upper and lower body and includes 3 cardio days, but I'm upping that to 4-5 run days. It felt good to do some weights.

So here's my dilemna now... due to the loss of my job last year, and securing a great job 4 months later, but at a much reduced salary, we've had some major financial difficulties, which included a "consumer proposal". So I've settled with the finance company that funded my lapband, but no longer have any services from them for fills, support, etc. So now I've got to find a place to do fills. Not sure where, especially since most places here are affiliated with "Credit Medical" which is the company that is now refusing services. Go figure, my band seems to be a bit too loose lately!

I did a triathlon this weekend and ran a 10:43 pace during the run... that's my fastest yet and it was at the end of the event when I normally run slower than normal. I'm so stoked!

Mac~ you rock! How did it go??? I am excited for you, bet it was very exhilerating to finish! I am getting nervous and not sure if I can do mine in July.

well Kathy i followed your advice about running as far as i could. i did 2.4 miles (4k) in 34.18! was crapping out then saw how close i was to the end of my 3rd lap around my lake. so i sucked it up and finished the lap. then added up the time of the songs on my mp3 player. i have that runners high. i know this cuz i am so flippin proud of myself ive been giggling like a fool. im going to do that and more and i still have a month to train for the 5k in july!

Thanks!

tc,

Carol

I am getting nervous and not sure if I can do mine in July.

Heh, it's at least a month away. Go for it!

I'm doing one in July too. It's at elevation *and* the bike portion has a big uphill to start. Plus it's Olympic distance.

So I'm getting nervous too. I wanted to be at 10 workouts a week by now and I'm still 2 short!