Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Amy - welcome. I agree with the others who said jump in. I started out walking and wanted to do more since my nutritionist told me to aim for a 15 min. mile. Well, I have these short stubby legs that could only do it at a run. I started just throwing in a few sprints on my own. Very short like 120 feet. Then I decided to get more methodical about the runs. I do the First Day to 5K podrunner series that Kathy sent me a link for. Just anohter option for u.

I feel like such a slacker this week folks. After my scare on Monday with my band I'd planned to go back to running yesterday or today...well tuesday during the day, I started getting a very bad stiff neck. and it kept getting worse thru the day. its muscular, and if you believe my friend the massage therapist and his wife the accupuncturist, it may even have something to do with my band trouble since the trigger points set off points in other parts of the body. I wish they lived closer than 3 hrs away so I could go have them treat me. I'm not having much luck with advil, or ice or heat... and being the big baby I am...it hurts <whine>. I'm hoping that I have enough mobility tomorrow to run. I'm missing it so much. And I'm frustrated cuz im afraid I'll lose the endurance that I've built up so far. Thanks for listening.

TC,

Carol

Carol, so sorry about your stiff neck. I can relate about missing your run. I am having surgery on my foot on the 19th. I'm nervous about missing that time running, wondering how long until I can run, then how far back I'll have to start again. I have one week between Sat's race and my surgery and I keep wrestling between, what's the use, I'm having surgery and workout like crazy to preserve muscle until the last minute.

I had a stiff neck once that kept me out of work for a week, it was awful. Do be careful.

Georgia~ stay off your back until it feels better. I know that it took a full two weeks when I sprained my back before I was able to start moving again.

Take care and you will be back on the road before you know it!

Thanks. My back actually feels really good today. I called the chiropractor today and told him how well I was doing. He said I could try running tomorrow and see how it goes. He just said to take it really slow and to stop if I was feeling any pain. I think I will lay off the sprints for a while and just jog a steady, slow pace. I'm excited to get going again.

I did the podcast and kept at it on my own and finished the program. I now really enjoy running and will be running my first 5K this Sat! Woot!

That's great!

We'll have you doing Triathlons before you know it. :)

Yay Suzanne. Best of luck tomorrow!

Neck still stiff this morning. Hope more flexibility later. If I do, I'll walk. Not run to my nearest lake and relax. Getting very tense from not running. (erggggg. this can't be good. <whine>)

Tc,

Carol

Suzanne... Good luck tomorrow! Remember to look around and enjoy the moment, even if its a real challenging run, think to yourself... I am doing this!

Georgia... glad you're feeling a bit better. Good luck on the run today.

Amy... welcome!!! Come on in and join the fun!

Carol... Grrr! Don't you just hate it when aches and pains get in the way!

Lynn... Ohh I missed you. I hope you're still reading posts! So sorry about your injury. Heal fast and well. As for keeping your stamina, if you google wheelchair fitness, you might find some seated types of exercises that you could do.

I just got home from being away all week. I'm exhausted! I was at Sales Meetings from Mon-Thu, and then to other meetings that overlapped from Wed-Fri. Part of the meeting included going to a Gala dinner on Wed night. I wore this beautiful hot red dress that was sleeveless and backless. I was stunning! I thought the dress was a size 14, but when I looked at the label, it said size 12. I just about fell over!!!

Thur night I had to go to a Gallery Opening, so my DH joined me in Toronto for the night. It also happened to be my birthday, so we had lots of fun!

I was a fairly good girl this week. I ran 3x at the hotel, ate fairly healthy 75% of the time... but did eat dessert and drank my face off! LOL.

Glad to be home. Ohhh but my feet hurt. Too much walking and too many stairs while wearing high heals! Yeah, I was a bit of a slave to fashion this week. Again... I did look hot! HAHA!

Hey all of my long lost buddies. I haven't been on in sooooo long. I officially fell off the wagon, got under the wheel and let it run over me over and over again. Not really sure how to get back on. I am up 10 pounds from my ticker weight and haven't exercised in a VERY long time. I am going to start eating healthy and running again tommorrow!! I don't know how to REALLY make up my mind to get started again, but I know that the support here is a start!! You guys are awesome!!

I wore this beautiful hot red dress that was sleeveless and backless. I was stunning! I thought the dress was a size 14, but when I looked at the label, it said size 12. I just about fell over!!!

How awesome!!!

Well, I finally registered for my race, the race that has been my goal through this all (once I finish it, it will be the Pensacola Half Marathon in spring:). I pick up my packet tomorrow and the race is on Memorial Day.

Gate to Gate 4.4 Mile Run/Walk|Eglin AFB, Florida 32542|Monday, May 25, 2009 @ 7:30 AM

I'd like to finish sub 45 but I'll take sub 50. There is a pretty high hill right at the 4 mile mark which will be tough I am sure.

I wore this beautiful hot red dress that was sleeveless and backless. I was stunning! I thought the dress was a size 14, but when I looked at the label, it said size 12. I just about fell over!!!

Wow...that's GREAT Kathy!! You should put that dress back on and get hubby to snap a picture for you to post. We want to see you in that hot red dress!

Hey all of my long lost buddies. I haven't been on in sooooo long. I officially fell off the wagon, got under the wheel and let it run over me over and over again. Not really sure how to get back on. I am up 10 pounds from my ticker weight and haven't exercised in a VERY long time. I am going to start eating healthy and running again tommorrow!! I don't know how to REALLY make up my mind to get started again, but I know that the support here is a start!! You guys are awesome!!

So glad you posted! We are in the same boat....as always, lol. I've gained quite a few pounds myself. I just can't seem to get motivated. Maybe we can help motivate each other. I'm so glad you are posting again..I've missed you!

Well, I finally registered for my race, the race that has been my goal through this all (once I finish it, it will be the Pensacola Half Marathon in spring:). I pick up my packet tomorrow and the race is on Memorial Day.

Gate to Gate 4.4 Mile Run/Walk|Eglin AFB, Florida 32542|Monday, May 25, 2009 @ 7:30 AM

I'd like to finish sub 45 but I'll take sub 50. There is a pretty high hill right at the 4 mile mark which will be tough I am sure.

That is wonderful!! Best of luck to you!

Well, my run was a no-go. I had planned on running after DH got off from work, so he could stay with my son. Well, my mom and dad called and wanted my son to spend the night with them, so we had a date night. That is rare, so we took advantage of it! I will shoot for tomorrow!

Renewed... Ohhh my "All or Nothing Friend" so like my DH! LOL, don't worry, you can renew your love of fitness! That's the great thing about the band... if you let it, it can save you. Glad to have you back! Get off that pretty butt of yours and run around your land. BTW... now that you're all moved in, how's life on the land?

Georgia... date night is special!

DE... congrats on registering... good luck on your run. Is Memorial Day next weekend?? I think you guys have the same long weekend as we do in Canada, we just call it Victoria Day.

Ok, I stepped on the scale this morning - first time since going away for the week - and expected it to be up a bit - but not 6.5 lbs! Boo Hoo... I guess I didn't eat as good as I thought and those Desserts were too much. I also think I'm retaining Water due to all the high sodium in restaurant food and so much coffee! My ankles are swollen a bit too. Oh well... it too will come off!

Hey everyone! DH and I went to the gym this afternoon and I got a run in. My back is doing pretty good so far. I ran really slow and took it much easier than normal. I ran 2.2 miles....YIPEE! I'm so glad to be moving again!

I feel like we are having a family reunion. I have miss all of you and it is my fault for not logging on.

The ankle must be healing; it is itching like crazy. I have a beautiful black fiberglass cast from my toes to my knee!!!! I am getting lots of exercise on my left leg from lugging the right leg around.

Renewedhope; it was ge to hear from you too. Don't worry about that stupid wagon - the nice thing about it -is it is on wheels and you can just push it off of you.

I should be out of my cast by mid June - the first of July. I am signed up for a 5K walk in Sept. Although it is a charity "Walk", I though it would be good to get the distance in.

I am no longer on crutches; I have a knee wheeler. If you haven't every seen one; itis worth the google. I get alot of stares. Nice thing about being 50 I don't care. It beats the crutches.

georgia - Move it girl! You can do it.

Kathy - size 12 - yeah for you. SIZE DOES MATTER! (oh, that is something else! sorry) Put down the dessert fork.

the only thing I can control right now is my diet; cause I can't do cardio; So I think I will get back on myplate.com. I have gotten away from it, but it really did help.

Are only of you on Facebook? If you are add me to your friend list. ")

OK, I am going to roll into the bathroom and spend the nest hour and half trying to take a bath and getting dressed by my self. DH has been as helpful as he can, but......... Well, you know.

My hygiene routine should be on You Tube; it is so funny to see my sliver into the tub with my leg in the air. (OK, on second thought maybe not.)

Happy Mother's Day - do something perfect for yourself today friends. Lynn

hi all you running moms! happy mom's day!!! i was surprised today when DH actualy remembered to get me something, and it was something i wanted...kind of. He bought me my own mp3 player. I wanted one that did music and pics. Ive been using DS's nano for my runs. I wish we could have gotten one of those, but not in the budget of course. this one is smaller - a phillips go gear. i bought an armband for it for running. we'll see....

today the kids and i r going to MILs and hubby will meet us there after work. food may be an issue since she lives in a retirement home and the food there is great. taking it easy though so maybe it wont be an issue since i was stuck again yesterday. hopefully i'll be home early enough in the evening so i can run tonite. its too hot during the day. as a matter of fact it was 95 F already this afternoon.

the neck is still a bit stiff in the mornings but does better as the day goes on. I NEED to run. never thought id say that in my life. lol. im just not sure since i havent run in a week if i should move back a week or do W6D3 as scheduled. Hmmm? any opinions?

well, Happy Mom's Day again to all the running moms and even the wanna-be running moms!

tc,

Carol

Woo hoo Kathy...Look at u hotsie totsie!!!!!!!! the dresses are so pretty on u.

TC

Carol