Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

wish i could join y'all in the challenge. but nike+ is sooooo not in the budget, and im not sure im up to your level yet. I skipped running today...had way too much fun last nite and have very sore muscles from dancing. i will run tomorrow without fail. first time in 5 weeks that ive gone for more than 2 days in between runs. and i miss it. hope your week is better than mine will be.

tc all,

Carol

Hey guys!

Thanks for updating everyone Renewed. We had quite a week. My son and I were both pretty sick and a family friend of ours, lost her son. I feel so bad for her. In the past 2 years, she has lost her mother, husband, and now son. She has no one left. Rough week.

I am feeling somewhat better. I've also had a rough week with food. Too bad my sickness didn't affect my desire to eat. I tend to turn to food for comfort. I am shaking it off and starting new again today.

I'm not up to running yet, so I will pass on this challenge. I will definitely catch the next one. As soon as I feel up to it, I'm gonna hit it hard. I'm thinking of doing another 5K on May 2nd, so I gotta get busy.

Everyone is doing soooo great!

GA~ Welcome back, sorry you had such a rough week. It is tough to watch someone you know lose someone and go through that pain.

Kathy~ I finally got the challenge, I'm in! This will be good motivation for me.

I ran on the treadmill today. It was cold and windy and I did not feel like running outside after sitting all day watching baseball.

I am trying to figure out how to fit my exercise into my schedule. I am swimming, running, biking and strength training. Tomorrow morning I am doing a bootcamp class with DD - should be fun, well, in a sick sort of way - LOL! It is nice having spring break, I can fit more into my day!

I did my first run workout of the week. It's all uploaded to Nike+

Oh boy have I been slacking off. I got a bit of a head cold from my DS, and I've been so busy with work, that the excuses seemed just so convienent!!! In reality, I just didn't do it!

I plan to get my butt onto the treadmill tonight to get back in the game. Especially since I'm doing my 2nd 5k race in just under 2 weeks!

If I don't run tonight... Please send me a kick!

Hello all of my long lost friends! I'm not sure I even know where to start again with you all. I've probably been gone way to long to fit in again!

Well, I hadn't exercised in a good 5 or 6 months. I embarassed to say that I have gained back some of the weight that I worked SO hard to lose. I have been hiding out due to pure humiliation. Life has been HELL and there literally has been no time to spend focusing on myself. SOOOO... now that I have spilled all of my excuses. I'M DONE!

I got on the treadmill on Monday and then again this evening and started the couch to 5K over from week 1. I thought about skipping a few weeks, but I figured since I haven't been working out in so long that I better start out slow. I'll see if I change my mind since week 1 seems entirely too easy.

I am so glad to be running again and I am watching what I eat again and I WILL finish what I started over a year ago. I joined a weightloss challenge at work and if I can manage to win I could win $600!

I hope you all have been well and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you who are new regulars!

GA - hope y and your family are on the mend. It'll be good to have u back when u r ready.

Kathy - do i need to kick butt?

Mom - i didnt know u b4 but wb, since there are new ppl like me, go ahead and join on in. none of us will hold the past against u. we'll just be happy u r back to get healthy again. i know i barged my way in. lol.

Whosya - miss your posts. let us know how u r doing.

Renewed - best of luck on your new exercise program.

Mac - just... WOW!

ktork and suzanne - hey girls!

this is what i put on my tag line tonite on Facebook. back from my run. threw in 2 extra minutes of running! i discovered that i can do 1/4 mile in 3 minutes. YAY ME!!!

Im ready to move on to week 4. i actually enjoyed week 3 a lot! today was an add on of an extra day. and like most of u know i decided to take more than 3 days to do each week for extra conditioning. feeling pretty proud of myself even with no loss at yesterday's weigh in. like i said to the staff at my bari center, its entirely possible that im FINALLY building muscle from my running! i hope its true!

trying to look for a 5k for when i finish the c25k, but its getting to summertime and here summer is way too hot for races most of the time. hope i dont have to wait till the fall. late fall will be a better time weather wise. maybe i should come up to one of u for a summer race...lol <jk> :cursing:

tc all,

Carol

trying to look for a 5k for when i finish the c25k, but its getting to summertime and here summer is way too hot for races most of the time. hope i dont have to wait till the fall. late fall will be a better time weather wise. maybe i should come up to one of u for a summer race...lol <jk> :cursing:

tc all,

Carol

Take a peek at active.com if you haven't or your local track/running club. Ours has TONS of resources and race listings.

Carol - Hey! Glad to see you are sticking with C25K. I started week 8 last night. I can hardly believe it! Hey, check out Susan G. Komen, race for the cure for your area. I think their 5k is always near Mother's Day weekend across the nation. I run the Richmond VA race and it's May 9 this year. I'm even signed up for a timer chip!

Rene - So glad to see you back! Good for you for starting C25K again! I wasn't on here when you were before, I wasn't ready to exercise but I finally accepted it and am having fun with it! Angie is also starting again after having her baby.

I have to share an NSV with you guys. DH told me last night that he can really feel the muscles in my legs and that there is a huge difference! He's such a sweet guy and his complements come straight from the heart, so it meant a lot to me. Now if only my birthday suit wasn't too big! :cursing:

Thanks, DE. I'm already on active.com and get their announcements about upcoming things in my area. I'm looking other places too. theres a race coming up but it's next week i think and it has swimming in it. Even though i live in FL, i'm not a swimmer. I can hold my own in the shallow end of a pool, but not sure i could do 500 yards. may take an adult swim class over the summer, but not sure of the time committment and work issues right now. But i appreciate the suggestion!

Suzanne, I did the Komen in January. Thats when they have it here because of the heat around mothers day. I did ok but that was one intense race mainly because of the sheer number of ppl. It was also flippin COLD on race day. In the 40s which is a very big deal here on a typical day, let alone for a race.

Great suggestions all, and thanks for the support. I'll let y'all know if i find something.

Carol

So, it is spring break and I decided that I would really try to fit more exercise in this week, without having the pressure of work. Great idea!

On Tuesday morning I head out with DD to a bootcamp class and I proceed to hurt my lower back by setting a weight back on the rack - you can stop laughing now! OMG, I can hardly walk, went to the dr yesterday and I have a sprain, basically I sprained my fanny - how embarassing is that! I am off for about 2 weeks with very limited activity and should be 6 weeks before it is completely healed!!!! ARGH!!!!

My general physician was pretty funny when I went in. I kept asking what can I do? How soon can I run? Can I swim? What about riding my bike? He said he would have never thought he would hear me ask those questions. He assured me, I should be able to start walking on a flat surface within a few days, but I have to take it easy or my back will not heal and I will be out of commission for longer!

This is killing me! Okay, enough whining, just had to share.

krtork, so sorry about the sprained rear. Take good care of yourself so you will heal properly and can get back into your routine sooner.

Carol, wow SGK in January, I would have never guessed. My son is in the Navy and is currently at PCola, he complained all winter about how cold it was down there this year.

Hello all of my long lost friends! I'm not sure I even know where to start again with you all. I've probably been gone way to long to fit in again!

Well, I hadn't exercised in a good 5 or 6 months. I embarassed to say that I have gained back some of the weight that I worked SO hard to lose. I have been hiding out due to pure humiliation. Life has been HELL and there literally has been no time to spend focusing on myself. SOOOO... now that I have spilled all of my excuses. I'M DONE!

I got on the treadmill on Monday and then again this evening and started the couch to 5K over from week 1. I thought about skipping a few weeks, but I figured since I haven't been working out in so long that I better start out slow. I'll see if I change my mind since week 1 seems entirely too easy.

I am so glad to be running again and I am watching what I eat again and I WILL finish what I started over a year ago. I joined a weightloss challenge at work and if I can manage to win I could win $600!

I hope you all have been well and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you who are new regulars!

Welcome back Mamato! I'm so glad you are posting again. I haven't been doing so hot myself lately! I've been walking with a couple of friends of mine and I've been encouraging them start the C25K. IF they decide to do it, I will probably do it with them from the beginning. I may run straight runs on the "off" days, so I can train my 5K in May! Anyway, so glad you are back! Keep us posted okay!

Carol... no need to kick my butt :crying: I was out of town the last 2 days so I ran at the hotel. Unfortunately, I left my iPod at home so no logging the run! I now have just over a week before my next 5k.

Mama... welcome back! I've thought of you often and am glad you're back. I hope your DH is healing up well. Don't beat yourself up about the setback. That's the beauty of the band... it can always catch you!

Georgia... how are you feeling?

Wow, everyone is doing so well on the C25k group. I've lacked a bit of motivation since I was sick. But I know it will leave soon. I've plateaued again on the scale, but know I'm dropping fat as my clothes are getting loose again. I'm now completely in a size 16 (not tight) and hoping to see a size 14 by my birthday in May. That would be sooooo amazing. I have never worn a size 14 as an adult. I was 12 years old when I hit size 16++++. Now I'll be in that size, but with all the right curves!

OMG... I took my body composition measurements today. I know my scale is not perfect, its only to be considered "directional", but the results said that I am at 28.5% body fat (down 7.0% since Feb 9). This puts me in the "acceptable" category!!! I'm no longer considered "obese"!!!!!!

OMG I can't believe it!